HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 06:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I there going to be some suspensions for the IceHogs? That kind of dirtyness just can't continue in every match.
I would assume so, just finished watching the replay. I would think that the Rockford coach should also be suspended as that was the clear intent. They were put out there to go get some people. On the flip side Grant really got Beach after, did the same thing to him that he was trying to do to Sheahan but with bigger results in that Beech looked injured on his way off and was bleeding.

Tatar also did crunch Clendening would be surprised if he didn't pick something up in the injury department as he didn't look like he was doing all that well either after they were seperated. Assuming Sheahan is alright it would appear the Icehogs attempt to launch their usual dirty tactics backfired in a big way. They should get some healthy suspensions, but I don't think Beach can even start serving his until he is healthy enough to play.

My guess is Brookbank is looking at 5+ games as he really took it to another level.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:01 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
If some Griffin gets suspended it'll probably be for leaving the bench, which was hard to say from where we're sitting. Beach got the agitator/instigator for the brawl so he'll get time, and Hutton left his crease to go fighting. Then we'll see. Maybe the league will want to send a message and give a ton of guys one game. Rockford is playing early today so should be coming soon.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:02 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

I guess Rockford had to make up for wearing the pink jerseys somehow... that was ridiculous. I was hoping Sheahan wasn't going to actually go with Beach, and the ref should have given him at least a 10 before the puck even dropped; you could plainly see all he wanted to do was beat whoever was in the circle with him.

It was funny hearing Kaser go on about how much of a class act Brookbank is on and off the ice; every time I've seen him play against the Griffins, all he does is run around and try to crush and/or pummel people.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
newfy

Theres a Blackhawks fan saying that Beach going after cheap players like Sheahan and Ferraro actually takes balls to do what he did.

Dont mind a good bench brawl but jumping a top line player and keep going while hes down and out is ridiculous, same with Mccardle going around suckering guys already engaged with people. No problem with Mrazek getting beat up because he apparently kinda hit a guy or something. But sending out a line of goons to start a brawl with one of the top lines in the AHL is a joke and spot picking at its finest

Old
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Theres a Blackhawks fan saying that Beach going after cheap players like Sheahan and Ferraro actually takes balls to do what he did.

Dont mind a good bench brawl but jumping a top line player and keep going while hes down and out is ridiculous, same with Mccardle going around suckering guys already engaged with people. No problem with Mrazek getting beat up because he apparently kinda hit a guy or something. But sending out a line of goons to start a brawl with one of the top lines in the AHL is a joke and spot picking at its finest
Like you, I'm all for a good line brawl, or even a bench-clearer -- but what Rockford did was ridiculous. Hopefully their coaching staff gets fined as well.

- Yeah, what was up with McArdle? Dude was just skating around trying to engage with guys already engaged with someone else or tied up by the officials. Looked like a total clown.

- I think Mrazek tried to do something about Brookbank sucker punching Fournier, and Hutton skated into the frame with Helm-like speed... Hutton was absolutely smoking Mrazek, and I don't think he really expected that.

- I didn't see a most of the GR guys who were thrown out actually fighting (Pare, Lashoff, Fournier), but then again, it was the in-house feed. I wonder who jumped off the benches first?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:45 AM
joe89

I think it pretty much was the Griffins' players on the ice that were tossed.. If you look at the start, it's basically four Griffins protecting themselves. Tatar's scrap with Clendening happened way after the initial brawl though. Pare especially, for some reason, looked targeted. Beach and Sheahan looked like a pretty fair square off to start, but something happened in the Griffins zone at the same time. Looking at it afterwards, McArdle was probably the biggest punk in all of this.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:01 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I think it pretty much was the Griffins' players on the ice that were tossed.. If you look at the start, it's basically four Griffins protecting themselves. Tatar's scrap with Clendening happened way after the initial brawl though.
That's what made my night. I remember seeing one of those "Coffee Talk" things with the Griffins and thinking Man, Tatar is pretty jacked -- Clendening had no idea what he was in for.

Quote:
Pare especially, for some reason, looked targeted. Beach and Sheahan looked like a pretty fair square off to start, but something happened in the Griffins zone at the same time. Looking at it afterwards, McArdle was probably the biggest punk in all of this.
Heh, fair? Beach was mugging Sheahan before the puck even dropped, and I'm pretty sure Sheahan wanted no part of it.

It's a toss-up for me between McArdle and Brookbank; right after the puck dropped, I'm pretty sure Brookbank made a beeline for Fournier. Pathetic.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:10 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
I hope sheahan is alright,

I couldn't find any videos showing what was going on at center, although this was pretty close

Found a better one

Last edited by r0bert8841: 01-21-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Heh, fair? Beach was mugging Sheahan before the puck even dropped, and I'm pretty sure Sheahan wanted no part of it.

It's a toss-up for me between McArdle and Brookbank; right after the puck dropped, I'm pretty sure Brookbank made a beeline for Fournier. Pathetic.
He did square up for a second and drop his gloves. He was getting mugged off the faceoff, but what happened to Sheahan was an important pro lesson in a game like this. He went to the ice and expected it to end, which it should have in most cases. However while his fight had broke out my guess was he hadn't determined that this was an all out line brawl case. No help was arriving and Beach took the opportunity to take advantage. So when Riley went to the ice he was expecting it to be done and it wasn't. By the way Grant did the same thing to Beach, he was the Griffin I would suspend was amazed he wasn't kicked out of the game. That was why Beach wound up hurt, Grant got a hold of him on the ice half way through the event and was really going to town.

Tatar already got Clendening pretty good and I think a part of Rockford doing this is they know they don't go back to Grand Rapids. But I have had enough of this team and these tactics. It needs to be stopped. The next game the first shift Pirri plays Callahan or Grant should go out and force him to go and beat him until they are seperated or other players come in. They cannot continue to get bullied, I like that they stood up but it is time for a more forceful message to this Rockford gang. If you continue to target stars as Beach has done a couple times this season, we will make your stars pay for it. They have done it too often and they deserve what is coming at this point, simply standing up to Beach and Brookbank isn't getting the message across.

Second video above shows the answer we have been asking, Lashoff and Grant were the first off the bench to protect Sheahan. They come flying into the screen.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 01-21-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 06:08 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Watching the videos closer, it seems Beach runs away as soon as people jump off the bench but Grant is the one who seeks him out and pummels, and supposedly choked him too which is what apparently caused Beach to collapse as soon as he walked off the ice. Somehow Grant didn't get any penalty minutes.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Chance on Chance

heres a good video of the fights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0mEk_OfLWg

Old
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
He did square up for a second and drop his gloves. He was getting mugged off the faceoff, but what happened to Sheahan was an important pro lesson in a game like this. He went to the ice and expected it to end, which it should have in most cases. However while his fight had broke out my guess was he hadn't determined that this was an all out line brawl case. No help was arriving and Beach took the opportunity to take advantage. So when Riley went to the ice he was expecting it to be done and it wasn't. By the way Grant did the same thing to Beach, he was the Griffin I would suspend was amazed he wasn't kicked out of the game. That was why Beach wound up hurt, Grant got a hold of him on the ice half way through the event and was really going to town.

Tatar already got Clendening pretty good and I think a part of Rockford doing this is they know they don't go back to Grand Rapids. But I have had enough of this team and these tactics. It needs to be stopped. The next game the first shift Pirri plays Callahan or Grant should go out and force him to go and beat him until they are seperated or other players come in. They cannot continue to get bullied, I like that they stood up but it is time for a more forceful message to this Rockford gang. If you continue to target stars as Beach has done a couple times this season, we will make your stars pay for it. They have done it too often and they deserve what is coming at this point, simply standing up to Beach and Brookbank isn't getting the message across.

Second video above shows the answer we have been asking, Lashoff and Grant were the first off the bench to protect Sheahan. They come flying into the screen.
Yeah, exactly. It wasn't a suckerpunch that started the fight or something. The cheap stuff happened once Sheahan hit the ice, where in the normal case the linesmen would've stepped in but was too much going on and Beach took some liberties.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:57 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

We will see from here on out they have a good chance to protect their players with the home change. I don't expect this is over though, a little surprised at how slow the AHL has been in handing down punishment for this.

I fully expected Brookbank, Beach, McCardle and Grant to get something. Would not surprise me if Lashoff got hit with being the first off the bench of course the Wings would appeal since he is up playing, but if that penalty is treated like how the AHL is he is looking at a severe fine. Although he didn't get super involved just tried to get Beach off of Sheahan.

I do think it is time to start fining the coaching staff and organization as this is embarrassing. Watched them do the same thing against Milwaukee last year. The inmates are running that place down there a lot of the time. But this time the coach put out that line and it was clear what the intention was, it would have looked silly but Blashill honestly should have considered a timeout when they were dancing around on the faceoff and it was clear what Beach was up to talking to his teammates and making his dirtbag move. It would have been interesting if Blash got his timeout in and came back with Aubry, Callahan Grant and Evans out there, my guess is they would have pulled back.

I am not saying Rockford doesn't have more horses in the fighting department. However, it is the disgraceful way they do it that bugs me. Hawks fans can feel free to pound their chest. But can you imagine the way they would react if in a 6-3 game if we sent out Gator, Tootoo, Bert, Smith and Ericsson and said go get Toews? Yeah guessing they wouldn't be a big fan and frankly I would be completely embarressed if Babcock did that while completely unprovoked.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
newfy

http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/181463

Wow Aubry 6 games

Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Have no idea how that happened. They didn't give Rockford enough, someone should sucker Beach in a big way next game.

I thought Grant's would be longer and should be. Aubry and Flick must have been at the heart of what was going on at the bench that we couldn't see real well.

Grant, Brookbank, McCardle and Beach should have all been in the five game range at the very least in my opinion.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Have no idea how that happened. They didn't give Rockford enough, someone should sucker Beach in a big way next game.

I thought Grant's would be longer and should be. Aubry and Flick must have been at the heart of what was going on at the bench that we couldn't see real well.

Grant, Brookbank, McCardle and Beach should have all been in the five game range at the very least in my opinion.
Alright, let's send Bert down to GR!

Old
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Rael

Ridiculous actions by the AHL. Even if we haven't seen Aubry do anything severe, the suspensions for Beach and McArdle are a joke.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

This was posted in the Icehogs thread

Beach unconscious @ 2:56

Old
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
cjm502
#FireHolland

Wow, you can see Grant pounding on Beach for quite a while in that video

Old
01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Sheahan is such a teletubby.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:05 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Heading down to GR for the weekend and catching a Griffins game. Look forward to seeing the home team win a game.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:35 AM
joe89

I understand GR probably is getting fined because players left the bench, but what are they supposed to do? Fight 5v8? I sure hope Rockford is getting the much heftier one..

Old
01-23-2013, 08:15 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Is there some sort of appeal process in the AHL? People complain about the NHL's "Wheel of Justice," but those suspensions are seemingly random.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:51 AM
TCNorthstars

vCash: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Is there some sort of appeal process in the AHL? People complain about the NHL's "Wheel of Justice," but those suspensions are seemingly random.

So which of the Griffs would you like to appeal?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:50 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
So which of the Griffs would you like to appeal?
Aubry.

Also file a complaint regarding the inconsistency of the Beach, Brookbank, and McArdle suspensions relative to their actions.

Closed Thread