HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 04:18 AM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I think Lashoff is out of options next year along with Andersson, they would both need to clear waivers.

Doubtful Lashoff would clear at this point if he doesn't have options I could be wrong part of why I included him.
Lashoff is pretty clearly the Wings 7th defenceman at next season.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I'm not sure there will be room for Nedomlel. He had a big year last season but it looks like it might have been a fluke. Haven't seen him play this year but there are, as you said, a lot of guys lining up for spots on that GR blue line. Almquist, Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, Nicastro, Lashoff (assuming he doesn't stick full-time in Detroit). Not sure what the plans are for Jensen or Backman but they could figure in there as well. Tough to get into that mix.
Nedomlel has been asked to focus on his defense this year by the mgt. That explains the drop in production. It was mentioned in the last RWC article featuring him.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Nedomlel has been asked to focus on his defense this year by the mgt. That explains the drop in production. It was mentioned in the last RWC article featuring him.
I can definitely see him starting off in Toledo and then working his way up the totem pole.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Hes looking pretty like our 6th defenseman next year.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Unless you buy out Quincey. Tough to justify that amount of money with the guy getting the least TOI the past 4 games while Lashoff is looking solid playing 20 mins a night as a second pairing guy with Kronner. Lashoff is a solid defensive dman who can PK and would be a pretty good Brad Stuart replacement for a very low cap hit.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:49 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Unless you buy out Quincey. Tough to justify that amount of money with the guy getting the least TOI the past 4 games while Lashoff is looking solid playing 20 mins a night as a second pairing guy with Kronner. Lashoff is a solid defensive dman who can PK and would be a pretty good Brad Stuart replacement for a very low cap hit.
It's a slim market but if the Wings can find a free agent they like, I'd like them to buy out Quincey. Doesn't seem like a Detroit thing to do but once in a while you have to admit a mistake and move on. Lashoff should stick, even if he's the 7th guy he's a young player with room for improvement and NHL readiness.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:51 PM
gamefan14*

not worth buying him out, he's serviceable, may aswell let him play out his 2 years then let him walk, at least thats what i'd do.

edit- forgot about the free buy outs, ye i'd buy him and sammy out.

any updates on ferraro's injury?

Old
02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
It's a slim market but if the Wings can find a free agent they like, I'd like them to buy out Quincey. Doesn't seem like a Detroit thing to do but once in a while you have to admit a mistake and move on. Lashoff should stick, even if he's the 7th guy he's a young player with room for improvement and NHL readiness.
I get that people don't like Quincey, but I really fail to understand why people think that he is a buy-out candidate. Like it or not, he is a proven NHL defensemen that is still pretty young. If you want to dump him, the move would be to trade him, even if he only returns you a pick.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
I get that people don't like Quincey, but I really fail to understand why people think that he is a buy-out candidate. Like it or not, he is a proven NHL defensemen that is still pretty young. If you want to dump him, the move would be to trade him, even if he only returns you a pick.
Cap purposes. The Wings have ~$18M to re-sign Filppula, Howard, White, Brunner, Smith, Nyquist, Lashoff and Andersson.

Estimates:
Fil - $4.5M
Howard - $3.5M
White - $3M
Brunner - $2.5M
Smith - $1.5M
Nyquist - $1.2M
Lashoff $900k
Andersson $750k
Total: $17,75M

If you want to sign a free agent, Q's $3.775M cap hit is the first one to go, at least in my mind. Sure, trade is the first option - but most teams will be looking to cut salaries not add.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Cap purposes. The Wings have ~$18M to re-sign Filppula, Howard, White, Brunner, Smith, Nyquist, Lashoff and Andersson.

Estimates:
Fil - $4.5M
Howard - $3.5M
White - $3M
Brunner - $2.5M
Smith - $1.5M
Nyquist - $1.2M
Lashoff $900k
Andersson $750k

If you want to sign a free agent, Q's $3.775M cap hit is the first one to go, at least in my mind. Sure, trade is the first option - but most teams will be looking to cut salaries not add.
I don't question your motive, I just think that he will still have some value in a trade, even with the dropping cap. Defensemen are always in short supply. This is true at all levels of hockey.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Yeah, who on earth is going to trade to acquire a #6 d-man who can PK a bit but doesn't add much to your power play? Oh and that guy makes just a bit under $4 million per year. I honestly don't see any takers for that. My guess is one amnesty buyout gets used on Quincey. If you can make him go way that's pretty much what you have to do. I can't see Holland keeping him around if Babs has cut his IT to basically 6th d-man territory and we're giving up <2.00 GAA during that stretch. It shows Q was just an awful acquisition and signing.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Anchor Town*

Quote:
Yeah, who on earth is going to trade to acquire a #6 d-man who can PK a bit but doesn't add much to your power play? Oh and that guy makes just a bit under $4 million per year. I honestly don't see any takers for that. My guess is one amnesty buyout gets used on Quincey. If you can make him go way that's pretty much what you have to do. I can't see Holland keeping him around if Babs has cut his IT to basically 6th d-man territory and we're giving up <2.00 GAA during that stretch. It shows Q was just an awful acquisition and signing.
Quincey has already proven to be a top 4 D in two other organizations

Old
02-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Two other organizations that promptly got rid of him. Do teams really get rid of guys they believe are good fits as top 4 d-men?

Old
02-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Anchor Town*

Quote:
Two other organizations that promptly got rid of him. Do teams really get rid of guys they believe are good fits as top 4 d-men?
When you get a 1st rounder/Downie? Yes

Old
02-13-2013, 09:45 PM
WingedWheel1987

Quote:
Holland overpaid.

Quincey is playing just as "good" as Jakub Kindl.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
That's cool, but I'm still not convinced there's room for him on the GR blueline. How many guys are they going to bury in Toledo before they start making tough decisions?

Old
02-13-2013, 11:19 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:

Estimates:
Fil - $4.5M
Howard - $3.5M
White - $3M
Brunner - $2.5M
Smith - $1.5M
Nyquist - $1.2M
Lashoff $900k
Andersson $750k

You better ad a million to Howard,
Lashoff will be gone if we can find anyone with a little bit of game

Old
02-13-2013, 11:21 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
That's cool, but I'm still not convinced there's room for him on the GR blueline. How many guys are they going to bury in Toledo before they start making tough decisions?
I tend to agree with you. But the defensemen from the 2012 draft are all going to long, long college route, so the Wings might try to find a way to squeeze them all in for a year.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
Oh stop.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:53 AM
joe89

Quote:
That is if you see the organisational depth even at the minor league level as something negative. It has helped GR to stay deep throughout this season despite injuries and now recently callups. And a deep and competive farm team helps Detroit in the long run. As long as there's plan and you stay under the contract max limit.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Quincey saw his EVS time decrease from 17 mins in 2009-10 to 14 mins in 2010-11. That sure doesn't sound like a guy who is locked into the top 4 does it? It sounds like exactly what's happening here in Detroit, his ice time is evaporating at a rapid pace. He's actually playing fewer mins this year in Detroit than in his final year in Colorado.

He's not a top 4 defenseman. He had a career low in EVS ice time during last year's playoffs. If you look at the actual ice time his career is headed in a downward trajectory. And he's making nearly $4 million a season.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
joe89

I'd say tonight is a really good test for Sheahan and Ferraro, they're now the leaders of the offense.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:21 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
I'd say tonight is a really good test for Sheahan and Ferraro, they're now the leaders of the offense.
Yeah GR is really in a tough spot with all their guys up with the Wings. Hopefully Riley and Landon can power this team through to a victory. Jurco is getting a big chance right now and Pare is a legitimate top 6 player in the AHL. But to think when they signed Knuble, they looked like a runaway freight train in terms of the AHL now a month later they are missing five key players up with the Wings and Knuble immediately got another NHL gig.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Yeah GR is really in a tough spot with all their guys up with the Wings. Hopefully Riley and Landon can power this team through to a victory. Jurco is getting a big chance right now and Pare is a legitimate top 6 player in the AHL. But to think when they signed Knuble, they looked like a runaway freight train in terms of the AHL now a month later they are missing five key players up with the Wings and Knuble immediately got another NHL gig.
To think if Knuble hadn't ran off to the Flyers, there's a good chance he'd have gotten his wish to finish his career in Detroit.

02-15-2013, 06:05 PM
joe89

Quote:
Or maybe not. Ferraro is out injured, I'm fearing knee injury. Have found nothing on the severity.

Closed Thread