HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2013, 07:24 PM
  #976
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,466
vCash: 500
Teemu Pulkinnen scores on a pretty play to put Grand Rapids up 2-1

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 07:34 PM
  #977
lilidk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
is it possible that Tomas Jurco can play with wings this playoff ?

lilidk is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 07:56 PM
  #978
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Pulkkinen so close to scoring his second of the game. He's looking very good.

The Nose is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:18 PM
  #979
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilidk View Post
is it possible that Tomas Jurco can play with wings this playoff ?
Tatar's the next callup. Jurco is nowhere near close to callup ready status.

GOAL! AA puts the Griffins up 1-1!

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:19 PM
  #980
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
What a goal by AA. 3-2 Griffins.

The Nose is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
  #981
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Glendening with the EN dagger. 4-2 Griffins.

Griffins take a 2-1 series lead. They have a shot at wrapping it up Friday night in Grand Rapids.

The Nose is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM
  #982
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 505
Jurco with another great game
Pulk Scored and looks great out there
Almqvist scored a beauty to win the game
Glendening played awesome and got the empty netter. he was rocking people.

WesNichols14 is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
  #983
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,466
vCash: 500
Gonna see if I can get to the game on Friday or whatever day Game 4 is on.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
  #984
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesNichols14 View Post
Jurco with another great game
Pulk Scored and looks great out there
Almqvist scored a beauty to win the game
Glendening played awesome and got the empty netter. he was rocking people.
Really was beautiful. Two players I think really deserve a lot of praise in this one is Nathan Paetsch and Landon Ferraro. Paetsch has been a great veteran find, really been good all season. Ferraro was rocking guys along with Glendening, considering both guys don't look all that big it is funny to see them lay guys out constantly and have guys bounce of them as they play hard on the boards. If the Wings have to move some prospect contracts so be it, Glendening deserves one and will make the NHL with someone in a bottom six role and if it is Detroit people are going to love this guy.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:44 PM
  #985
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Really was beautiful. Two players I think really deserve a lot of praise in this one is Nathan Paetsch and Landon Ferraro. Paetsch has been a great veteran find, really been good all season. Ferraro was rocking guys along with Glendening, considering both guys don't look all that big it is funny to see them lay guys out constantly and have guys bounce of them as they play hard on the boards. If the Wings have to move some prospect contracts so be it, Glendening deserves one and will make the NHL with someone in a bottom six role and if it is Detroit people are going to love this guy.
I could be wrong here but Glendening reminds me or a more Physical version of Miller. imp he is developing into an outstanding 4th liner who PKs.

WesNichols14 is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 09:50 PM
  #986
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
aaaaanddddddd here's the highlights for the game. I still can't get over how much Blashill sounds like Babcock.


Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:38 PM
  #987
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Really was beautiful. Two players I think really deserve a lot of praise in this one is Nathan Paetsch and Landon Ferraro. Paetsch has been a great veteran find, really been good all season. Ferraro was rocking guys along with Glendening, considering both guys don't look all that big it is funny to see them lay guys out constantly and have guys bounce of them as they play hard on the boards. If the Wings have to move some prospect contracts so be it, Glendening deserves one and will make the NHL with someone in a bottom six role and if it is Detroit people are going to love this guy.
Ferraro is light but while Glendening is short hes pretty heavy, I think hes aroun 200 lbs. I've been saying it all year but I really think he would be an upgrade over Emmerton.

Emmerton turned himself into a PKer and bottom 6 type because his offense didnt translate. Glendening won defensive player of the year over Sheahan in college, hits, fights a bit and produces at a similar rate as Emmerton did in GR without getting scoring line ice time.

He really deserves a shot

newfy is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:05 PM
  #988
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Houston Aeros 2 at Grand Rapids Griffins 4 - Status: Final
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 - Van Andel Arena

Houston 1 1 0 - 2
Grand Rapids 0 2 2 - 4

1st Period-1, Houston, Haula 1 (Rau, Dowell), 19:51. Penalties-Veilleux Hou (cross-checking), 10:47; Hoggan Gr (diving), 10:47; Callahan Gr (cross-checking), 15:48.

2nd Period-2, Grand Rapids, Hoggan 1 (Paetsch, Jurco), 5:30 (PP). 3, Grand Rapids, Pulkkinen 1 (Grant), 12:42. 4, Houston, McIntyre 1 (Fontaine), 14:02. Penalties-Veilleux Hou (roughing), 4:57; Tatar Gr (high-sticking), 14:34.

3rd Period-5, Grand Rapids, Almquist 1 (Pare, Paetsch), 16:22. 6, Grand Rapids, Glendening 1 (Mursak, Sheahan), 19:46 (EN). Penalties-Haula Hou (slashing), 5:25.

Shots on Goal-Houston 9-10-8-27. Grand Rapids 13-12-14-39.
Power Play Opportunities-Houston 0 / 2; Grand Rapids 1 / 2.
Goalies-Houston, Condon 0-1-0 (38 shots-35 saves). Grand Rapids, Mrazek 2-1-0 (27 shots-25 saves).
A-4,683
Referees-Darcy Burchell (42), T.J. Luxmore (49).
Linesmen-Bob Marcis (65), Jim Scarpace (75).

PLAYERS Pos. G A +/- SH PIM
3 Skinner, Brett D 0 0 0 0 0
A 4 Paetsch, Nathan D 0 2 +2 1 0
5 Almquist, Adam D 1 0 +1 5 0
9 Pare, Francis RW 0 1 0 1 0
C 10 Hoggan, Jeff LW 1 0 0 2 2
14 Billins, Chad D 0 0 -1 4 0
15 Callahan, Mitch RW 0 0 -1 0 2
19 Sheahan, Riley C 0 1 0 2 0
20 Fournier, Gleason D 0 0 +1 0 0
22 Aubry, Louis-Marc C 0 0 +1 2 0
23 Grant, Triston LW 0 1 +1 0 0
26 Pulkkinen, Teemu RW 1 0 +1 3 0
27 Tatar, Tomas LW 0 0 0 1 2
28 Jurco, Tomas RW 0 1 -1 1 0
29 Ferraro, Landon C 0 0 -1 5 0
33 Glendening, Luke C 1 0 +2 4 0
39 Mursak, Jan RW 0 1 +1 6 0
A 44 Evans, Brennan D 0 0 -1 2 0

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:37 PM
  #989
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesNichols14 View Post
I could be wrong here but Glendening reminds me or a more Physical version of Miller. imp he is developing into an outstanding 4th liner who PKs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Ferraro is light but while Glendening is short hes pretty heavy, I think hes aroun 200 lbs. I've been saying it all year but I really think he would be an upgrade over Emmerton.

Emmerton turned himself into a PKer and bottom 6 type because his offense didnt translate. Glendening won defensive player of the year over Sheahan in college, hits, fights a bit and produces at a similar rate as Emmerton did in GR without getting scoring line ice time.

He really deserves a shot.
i don't think i have ever seen glendening, but that sounds really good. how is his skating?

nik jr is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 02:05 AM
  #990
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
i don't think i have ever seen glendening, but that sounds really good. how is his skating?
One of his greatest strengths, allows him to forecheck with abandon but still cover back ala Helm. Not that fast in terms of Helm and Ferraro is the fastest guy in Grand Rapids, but he really covers the full 200 feet.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 04:21 AM
  #991
Indian
Registered User
 
Indian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Košice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Hi guys, can somebody post the current lines for GR? Thanks in advance.

Indian is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 06:23 AM
  #992
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Hi guys, can somebody post the current lines for GR? Thanks in advance.
I think this was it last night:

Tatar-Sheahan-Pare
Jurco-Ferraro-Callahan
Hoggan-Glendening-Mursak
Grant-Aubry-Pulkkinen

Paetsch-Almqvist
Evans-Billins
Fournier-Skinner

Not sure which sides the D are on

ChadS is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 06:56 AM
  #993
Soft Rock Renegade
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I think this was it last night:

Tatar-Sheahan-Pare
Jurco-Ferraro-Callahan
Hoggan-Glendening-Mursak
Grant-Aubry-Pulkkinen

Paetsch-Almqvist
Evans-Billins
Fournier-Skinner

Not sure which sides the D are on
thanks. think glendening is now ahead of aubry in terms of prospect depth?

Soft Rock Renegade is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 07:19 AM
  #994
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Rock Renegade View Post
thanks. think glendening is now ahead of aubry in terms of prospect depth?
Can't really say that considering he's not signed by the Wings, but he's ahead on the depth chart down there. He's a quality AHL 3rd liner.

joe89 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 01:24 PM
  #995
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Rock Renegade View Post
thanks. think glendening is now ahead of aubry in terms of prospect depth?
He should be but yeah it is hard to say considering hes a GR contract. If he keeps up how he played last night he'll move up the depth chart pretty quickly.

His speed isnt absolutely amazing like Ferraro or Helm but hes a notch below that. After Ferraro hes probably the best forechecker down there. His style of game would just look so much better on the fourth line than Emmerton's. Glendening is one of the top face off guys on the team too.

Everything about him screams quality bottom 6 player unlike Emmerton (who I havent minded this year) but at the same point in their development Luke is much better

newfy is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 03:19 PM
  #996
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 505
Pulk plays out there a lot more than a 4th liner. or maybe its a Nyquist situation where he just really stands out every time he is on the ice so you think he is out there more

WesNichols14 is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 03:25 PM
  #997
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesNichols14 View Post
Pulk plays out there a lot more than a 4th liner. or maybe its a Nyquist situation where he just really stands out every time he is on the ice so you think he is out there more
Because of the talent level our fourth line plays quite a bit, especially considering that isn't all that common at the AHL level. Blashill roles the lines, that is part of what makes this team so good.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
  #998
Soft Rock Renegade
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
anyone understand the logic behind not having lashoff in GR? he's no better than #8 on the wings depth chart at the moment

Soft Rock Renegade is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 03:42 PM
  #999
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Rock Renegade View Post
anyone understand the logic behind not having lashoff in GR? he's no better than #8 on the wings depth chart at the moment
No understanding, he isn't going to draw into Detroit's lineup so I don't get it. Especially not without a day or so of warning. In any event Lashoff, Ouellet and Sproul are all better options than Fournier. While Sproul's D might not be ready, both Ouellet and Lashoff are more than ready to crack that lineup.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 07:14 PM
  #1000
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
That oughta do it.

sarcastro is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.