HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 07:04 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Plan to open 1 to 2 New HUT packs.

Wish me luck.
Let us know how it goes. I'm really debating opening one, but I know I will get the shaft lol.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:25 PM
liquid swords
bring the ruckus

bought 2 of the special packs

best players pulled:

SOTW suter
e. kane
e. cole
k. lehtonen

so i basically paid $45 and tax for sotw suter. regular k lehtonen ends up being better than sotw lehtonen as some people here have suggested. thank god i have two jobs

Old
01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Psyfer
Thrashers forever

Wow had 100k pucks and just opened pack with Ovechkin and price in it

Old
01-12-2013, 07:42 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfer View Post
Wow had 100k pucks and just opened pack with Ovechkin and price in it
Damn. I'm tempted to open the pack, but I just know that I will get screwed. I really don't want to waste 100,000 pucks on a chance.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

So I bought a total of 2 packs since the first one was just too good to not get another.

1st:
SOTW Zetterberg (Sold 300k in 5 mins) Could have sold for more probably.
M. Gaborik (For sale atm)

2nd:
S. Gange

First was paid with MS points so I got 400k pucks profit, and then I bought another with pucks and lost about 80k. Made about 320k pucks today. Just bought Kessel, Phaneuf, Duchene, as well as the whole Leafs roster, team changes, and JVR. Have 50k puck currently with Gaborik and Gange still being sold!

Old
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
TheQuackAttack

I figured I'd allow you forum folks to have dibs on slots before I open it to the FleaFlicker public. I think everyone around here is passionate about hockey, and being that you all care enough about hockey to talk on an internet forum, I figure a few of you would be active enough for Fantasy Hockey. It's really only fun when people are active.

(You can skip this paragraph if you're familiar with fantasy hockey) In the chance anyone isn't familiar with the concept of Fantasy Hockey... Tomorrow, should you attend the draft, you'll be selecting a team of players. No one gets the same players. If you don't attend, no biggie, you just don't get to pick your players. Flea Flicker will do that for you. After you select your team, it's more about managing that team. Cutting failing players, putting injured players on the reserves so they don't hurt your rosters. Signing players who have breakout seasons (James Neal and Joffrey Lupul did well by me last season). Send trades, check trades, and so on... Switching players off your bench who are playing that day for people who aren't playing that day who were on your active roster.

Granted, you could just sign up for a team and never do any of the above. But I'd probably be kicking you if that's the case. I'd like people who will play. And, I like most of the people around here, so I'd appreciate if the league filled up with you guys. I run the league, it's under my control. I did a league last year, ran fine. If there's any problems, FleaFlicker has pretty responsive support. Anyhow, you can sign up below. You've gotta create an account, then join one of the empty spots.

Click here for the league

Feel free to ask any questions below or through PM.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
JaredCowenFan
Lazar For Captain

**** yeah!!! So I bought the Season Ticket first and it lowered the New Packs to $15.99 so I opended more than expected. I can see how some people can be screwed as I believe my first and last pack were craaaap but one of them was UNBELEIVEABLY LOADED.

So from all the face cards of the mediorce style I present you my best pulls:

Thomas
Voukoun
Gagne
Myers!
Parise!!
Kessel SOTW!!!

WOOOOO!

I love that I pulled those top 3. I was wanting a Myers so he'll most likely go on my team and Parise maybe aswell to. I'm debating on keeping the Kessel SOTW, it is an amazing card afterall. In case you're wondering Stats:

89 OVR
93 SKT
92 SHT
93 HND
84 CHK
84 DEF

Pure offence! Decent Defensive stats but amazing offensive stats. I could use him on either my 1st or 2nd line or trade/sell him. Looks like most people are putting him at $170-190K but there is one up at a $154K BIN. So he's nothing extraordinary but I'll still consider moving him so LMK.

So for an overview if you have an extra $20(or $16 w/ ST) it's hit or miss in a way but you could luck out. Maybe 1 would be ok for most but you never know.

Cheers!

Last edited by JaredCowenFan: 01-12-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Schennsation
Show goes on

I am very intrested in your Sotw Kessel let me know if you plan on moving

Old
01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
6 Karlsson 5

buying a pack ill tell u how it goes
wtf ea , i open a pack that costs 15$ and guess what it did not open, thats awsome, i clicked purcahse with ms points, says downloads done click b like always goes back to the pack cover screen cant buy any packs with points so frustrated

so i go back into HUT i get my pack but it only has 12 players like wtf

How do i contact ea?

Last edited by 6 Karlsson 5: 01-12-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 08:57 PM
4thlinegrinders

vCash: 200
2 packs

1st pack: Marleau
2nd pack: Price

overall i lost about 100k lol

Old
01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
JaredCowenFan
Lazar For Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennsation View Post
I am very intrested in your Sotw Kessel let me know if you plan on moving
LMK. Looking for a Superstar in return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't even find an Edmonton Oilers Change Team Card for under $1K your not in good shape trying to kling chemistry...

Why EA, why... They should have an option like every other item(almost) that allows you to pick the team so it's MUCH MORE EASIER...

Edit:

Well then.. Not a single Oilers CT on the PS3 market atm. Lol, ugh...

Last edited by JaredCowenFan: 01-12-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 09:43 PM
JaredCowenFan
Lazar For Captain

OMG. I opended 1 more and pulled:

Eriksson
Marleau
Parise(Another one)
SUTER SOTW!!!

WOOOOOO!!!!

Old
01-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
Quote:
OMG. I opended 1 more and pulled:

Eriksson
Marleau
Parise(Another one)
SUTER SOTW!!!

WOOOOOO!!!!
Holy crap you are lucky.
I don't even have money or pucks to buy those packs.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:56 PM
hockeydude1928

Opened one pack for 100k, got sotw RNH, kovalchuk, duchene and karlsson. All I have to say is omg

Old
01-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
Ugh I am so jealous of all you guys.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:04 PM
PhilaFlyers

How the hell do you even save up 100k pucks?

Old
01-12-2013, 10:14 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Against my better judgement, I wasted the 100k on the pack after reading the ridiculous pulls people have gotten on here. Didn't go nearly as well though lol.

I got Mike Green, Mike Richards, and Kari Lehtonen. Not horrible, but I expected more out of a 100k pack. I'll probably use them for a week or two and wait for the market to go back to normal. Lehtonen is probably 10k, Richards and Green are probably 17.5k. 45 k worth of players for 100k. Oh well. Now I know lol.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:46 PM
JaredCowenFan
Lazar For Captain

I think it's fair to say I have a Superstar team now. I just hope that shows up on the leaderboards. Here is my finalized team:

Grabner SOTW (86 OVR) - Gretzky (93 OVR | C) - Kessel SOTW (89 OVR)
Benn SOTW (90 OVR) - Toews (88 OVR) - Giroux (88 OVR | A)
Parise (87 OVR) - M. Richards (87 OVR) - Nash (88 OVR | A)
Marleu (87 OVR) - Gagne (86 OVR) - Clutterbuck SOTW (86 OVR)

Suter SOTW (90 OVR) - Karlsson (86 OVR)
Phaneuf (87 OVR) - Myers (86 OVR)
J. Johnson (86 OVR) - Orpik SOTW (86 OVR)

Hasek (92 OVR) - Fluery (88 OVR)

This is the happiest I've ever been with my team and not questioning it whatsoever. In the past sometimes I havn't felt comfortable or wanted something new but I'm sure this will be my team forever. Inless I get a great offer that is. However, If I was to improve on anything it would just be to have a good body checker with good speed on the 4th line. I also found out that the Kessel SOTW card is a glitch. It's still a card and good one at that but it sais he's a LW(already wrong) but when you try to put on a LW - RW position card on him you can't I tried. Wasted the $4K but oh well, lol. Just lettin' you guys know.

Now onto my Updated Trade Pile. Some good items in here:

Radulov
Wisnewiski
Del Zotto
Larsson
Booth
Seguin
Thomas
Voukoun
Byfuglien
Edler
Eriksson
Peverly SOTW
Purcell SOTW
Fleishman SOTW
Hall
Parise

I also have a bunch of "Rare" consumables and lots of Change Team Cards. I am looking for about 3 Edmonton Oil Change Team's so please let me know if you have any, thanks!

Old
01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
6 Karlsson 5

i got just under 100k, can you guys recommend me some players, im on xbox if that matters

Old
01-12-2013, 11:26 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

PS3 on the block for the next 22 hours:

JayBo
Mike Richards
Mike Green
Kari Lehtonen
Malcom Subban SOTW
Nick Backstrom(Washington Center)
Mason Raymond
Shea Weber
Micheal Ryder
Brian Gionta

They are all up for reasonable prices(most of them lowest on the market). Trades are welcome, but I won't check them until tomorrow morning.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Not happy with the performance of my new team so I think I'll be selling some players. Giroux gets knocked down too easily, Kovalchuk is too slow, and as long as I'm selling those two, I might as well sell my Parise to get rid of the entire top line. I'm also getting rid of Kronwall and Pietrangelo, and I may get rid of Phaneuf as well. All three of em' are just too damn slow. Gonna replace them with Bouwmeester, Burns and someone else I haven't decided on yet. I may be selling my third line of St. Louis, Kesler and Carter too for the same reason. Think I might go back to a speedy line of Havlat/Hall/Kane - Lombardi - Hemsky/Pominville with a captain card.

Got a SOTW M. Smith for 45k so he'll be my new starter.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:06 AM
JaredCowenFan
Lazar For Captain

I could maybe use that Weber Matty. I'll see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so after doing some research(Spending $10K on Position Change Cards) the Phil Kessel SOTW is a glitch, lol. If you're looking for Chemistry with him your gunna' have to use him on the LW, even though he's a Right Handed player. As I tried putting the LW - RW card on him as it has him as a LW'er and it wouldn't let me put it on and then when you put the RW - LW as he's a RW'er even his regular version says so it lets you but it doesn't change him to a RW'er. Lol, ugh.....

On the upside 1 EDM CT up atm. Has a current bid of $1.900 and I will get it, lol.

Sold my Fleischman SOTW for $22K and some other small items for $1K and then wasted some on the Position card so I have $20K left. But still have a solid trading block. I think I want a Kesler. Was also looking at Getzlaf for my 4th line.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:10 AM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Ok so after doing some research(Spending $10K on Position Change Cards) the Phil Kessel SOTW is a glitch, lol.
It's like that with several players. SOTW Nash, for example. I believe it's intentional. There's an LW and RW version of Nash. Perhaps the same exists for Kessel? I'm not sure.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:14 AM
JaredCowenFan
Lazar For Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
It's like that with several players. SOTW Nash, for example. I believe it's intentional. There's an LW and RW version of Nash. Perhaps the same exists for Kessel? I'm not sure.
Hmm.. I don't see why it would be intentional, lol. Maybe EA wants to be slimey and wants you to waste pucks. Wouldn't suprise me.

I never checked if there is 2 orignal position'ed Kessel's.

Edit:

All Kessel SOTW's are LW'ers. Hmm. I guess I know now, lol. Maybe have to put him on the LW and Grabner switched to a RW'er and put him on the Right Side or just suffer of not having 99 chem. That sucks, lol.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:26 AM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Hmm.. I don't see why it would be intentional, lol. Maybe EA wants to be slimey and wants you to waste pucks. Wouldn't suprise me.

I never checked if there is 2 orignal position'ed Kessel's.

Edit:

All Kessel SOTW's are LW'ers. Hmm. I guess I know now, lol. Maybe have to put him on the LW and Grabner switched to a RW'er and put him on the Right Side or just suffer of not having 99 chem. That sucks, lol.
Aren't Grabner and Kessel both snipers? You won't get 99 chemistry anyway.

Closed Thread