HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #14 - Historic collapse complete, Lovie fired

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 03:03 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
**** urlacher. His ass should never put on a bears uniform again. Same with hester. Whiny, entitled *******.
What did he do now?

Old
12-31-2012, 03:08 PM
MurrayBannerman
The Portents

vCash: 1062
We're full of good calls right now

Old
12-31-2012, 03:14 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
Glad to see the change made. No hard feelings for Lovie, and I wish him best of luck when he lands his next coaching gig, likely head coach somewhere else this offseason (call me crazy, but I'm thinking Arizona for some reason), but it was time to make a change. That being said, I'll hold off on celebrating until we find out who he's being replaced with.

On top of that, I've got nothing against players be upset. They should be upset. A coach they loved got canned and, you know what? .... it's all their fault he got canned. I'd be pretty mad if I were the reason a boss I liked got fired.

Finally, most of us got what we wished for, but things usually get a bit worse before they get better when the head coaching position gets changed in a mid-level team. Don't be shocked to see us 8-8 next year, or worse, regardless of who we hire. Defense will get worse and the offensive line won't be improved enough in a single year to make up for it.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Silvy this morning has come out and said this was a George McCaskey move and that Emery had nothing to do with it.

Looks like the MCcaskeys are once again running the ship. The ST coach from Atlanta?

ESPN had Cutler, Urlacher, Ditka, and a ton of huge names all on the radio talking about this. Cutler moved up his interview before his regular time. This is classic.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I'm calling Lovie to the Browns.
I think Lovie is getting paid by the Bears to sit for a year. He isnt signing with anybody until next year as he shouldnt.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
What did he do now?
He said on ESPN he could care less about the fans, and rightfully so.

Its a sad day in Bearsville when one of the best players to wear the Blue and Orange has to resort to this. Just a crying shame.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I think Lovie is getting paid by the Bears to sit for a year. He isnt signing with anybody until next year as he shouldnt.
Lovie gets the 5 mil either way, but if he takes a new job he may get a 4 or 5 year contract with more security. Besides that - some people want to work and don't want to sit around doing nothing.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Sarava

Quote:

Its a sad day in Bearsville when one of the best players to wear the Blue and Orange has to resort to this. Just a crying shame.
He said this again today or are you talking about the quote from 2 weeks ago?

Old
12-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Mongo plans to run for mayor of one of the western suburbs if I recall correctly
I wasnt being serious, but then again, Mongo was a member of the four horseman along with the murdering Chris Benoit. Hopefully, if McCaskey chooses him he can telegraph the Flair flop every time a team scores on the Bears.

It would be entertaining, at least.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
He said this again today or are you talking about the quote from 2 weeks ago?
Again today.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Again today.
Wow...what a piece of crap.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:26 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
The only one I heard saying the fans were idiots today was Hester. Obviously Urlacher feels the same way but I didn't see him quoted on it today.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:28 PM
madgoat33

Quote:

he's a meathead idiot and a perfect example of the culture of the bears under lovie smith.

basic effort was good enough and in their eyes, worthy of praise.

and i don't blame hester for crying and talking about retirement, any other team/coach woulda cut/benched him years ago when he should have been.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The only one I heard saying the fans were idiots today was Hester. Obviously Urlacher feels the same way but I didn't see him quoted on it today.
I missed that too. Funny I was thinking he was an idiot yesterday when he didn't take the touchback and then returned the kick to the 5.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Wow...what a piece of crap.
Remember, his coach just got turfed and whatever job security he had just left with him. I dont blame Urlacher for being mad. He has obviously lost a step and is nowhere near the player he once was. He isnt getting a huge three year contract with a huge signing bonus to get yet another injury and collect a check while standing on the sidelines. I would be mad too if the cash cow suddenly got run over by a McCaskey driven bus.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
he's a meathead idiot and a perfect example of the culture of the bears under lovie smith.

basic effort was good enough and they felt worth of being praised for it.
Well, Lovie always looked down on the fans and the media and the players followed that. And Hester was right, it was the fans and media that got Lovie fired. Obviously if we felt the same way as the rest of the country and the world feels, it wouldn't have happened.

This is a big A+ to the Bears for listening to the fans.

This is also a lesson not to be a jagoff toward the fans and media for no reason.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

Looks like the MCcaskeys are once again running the ship. The ST coach from Atlanta?
Rooney rule

Old
12-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Remember, his coach just got turfed and whatever job security he had just left with him. I dont blame Urlacher for being mad. He has obviously lost a step and is nowhere near the player he once was. He isnt getting a huge three year contract with a huge signing bonus to get yet another injury and collect a check while standing on the sidelines. I would be mad too if the cash cow suddenly got run over by a McCaskey driven bus.
Oh sure I don't blame him for being upset. But what do the fans have to do with it? Why does he keep crapping on the fans when things that have nothing to do with the fans go wrong for him?

He needs to just go away. Lovie will probably take a new job (he's one of the biggest available names out there). I bet Urlacher signs wherever Lovie goes.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Well, Lovie always looked down on the fans and the media and the players followed that. And Hester was right, it was the fans and media that got Lovie fired. Obviously if we felt the same way as the rest of the country and the world feels, it wouldn't have happened.

This is also a lesson not to be a jagoff toward the fans and media for no reason.
No it wasnt. It was Lovie who got Lovie fired.

The fans and media dont have that type of power to a billion dollar franchise who could care less about them if they still kept on paying to see them. Lets not ever get ahead of ourselves in that reguard.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:33 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
I missed that too. Funny I was thinking he was an idiot yesterday when he didn't take the touchback and then returned the kick to the 5.
Quote:
"The media, the false fans, you all got what you all wanted. Majority of you all wanted him out. As players, we wanted him in. I guess the false fans outruled us. I thought he was a great coach, probably one of the best coaches I have ever been around. He brought me in." -Hester
Yeah, I will not be missing this guy either. He was much better off when he didn't say anything at all.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:34 PM
madgoat33

Quote:

Its a results driven business and lovie has failed on that front miserably. The team is probably worse off then when he got here and they've made the playoffs once in the past 6 years. Its not the fans or media that got lovie fired, it was his and the team's performance.

Signals the start of a new era for the bears in my eyes. "Good enough" isn't enough any more and it seems like they are willing to make it happen.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Its a results driven business and lovie has failed on that front miserably. The team is worse off then when he got here and they've made the playoffs once in the past 6 years. Its not the fans or media that got lovie fired, it was his and the team's performance.

Signals the start of a new era for the bears in my eyes. "Good enough" isn't enough any more and it seems like they are willing to make it happen.
Well thats not true.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Its a results driven business and lovie has failed on that front miserably.
I agree. I'm just saying this is a big step for the Bears to eat that money and it would have been easy to keep him around if everybody was in love with him and the direction of the team.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Oh sure I don't blame him for being upset. But what do the fans have to do with it? Why does he keep crapping on the fans when things that have nothing to do with the fans go wrong for him?

He needs to just go away. Lovie will probably take a new job (he's one of the biggest available names out there). I bet Urlacher signs wherever Lovie goes.
Finger pointing, pushing the blame somewhere other then himself?

Urlacher comes across as somebody who is gonna have a hard time accepting that he isnt the player he used to be.

He can indeed go away.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:38 PM
ndgt10

Charlie Weis with Crennel DC

Closed Thread