HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #14 - Historic collapse complete, Lovie fired

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Sarava

vCash: 500
The Bears don't have a 3rd round pick because of the Marshall trade. I doubt they will be trading up and giving up more later picks.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:16 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
The Bears don't have a 3rd round pick because of the Marshall trade. I doubt they will be trading up and giving up more later picks.
What about packaging a 2nd and 4th for an earlier 2nd? I'd imagine someone would bite on that...

Old
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Bears could easily pick up a 3rd if they trade down a few spots in the 1st round

Old
01-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
[/I]So he is fan of our terrible TE ,, Still trust him fully?
You really need to stop taking everything at face value. How stupid would Emery be trashing a player who is under contract for his team in a press conference like this? Any leverage he would have to trade him would be gone. No GM is going to say something like that, at least none with half a brain. One thing that stood out as something Emery said about the offense needs to get better "in the middle of the field." That speaks DIRECTLY to a Tight End need. He gets it. He's just not going to come out and say "yea KD sucked this year and I might have to cut him if I can't trade him."

Old
01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Illinihockey

Trading down to get a 3rd back makes a lot of sense

Old
01-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Trading down to get a 3rd back makes a lot of sense
Unless a guy they absolutely love is still there, I'd prefer they trade the 20th to get either two 2nds or a late 1st/late 3rd.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Wow.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
You really need to stop taking everything at face value. How stupid would Emery be trashing a player who is under contract for his team in a press conference like this? Any leverage he would have to trade him would be gone. No GM is going to say something like that, at least none with half a brain. One thing that stood out as something Emery said about the offense needs to get better "in the middle of the field." That speaks DIRECTLY to a Tight End need. He gets it. He's just not going to come out and say "yea KD sucked this year and I might have to cut him if I can't trade him."
Kellen Davis has no trade value ,, To pretend he does would be further sign that Emery is in over his head

He is going to be cut or back with team ,,, By sounds of it sadly Emery wants him back

Old
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Speculation that Lovie could be headed to Buffalo (He is one of the top guys rumored that Bills are looking at)

Would be 3rd ex-Bear coach to go to Buffalo in recent years

Jauron went to Buf as HC
Wannstedt was disaster as there DC this year

Old
01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Kellen Davis has no trade value ,, To pretend he does would be further sign that Emery is in over his head

He is going to be cut or back with team ,,, By sounds of it sadly Emery wants him back
I didn't get that impression at all. I agree that Davis probably has no trade value and will get cut, but none of that matters. Emery still needs to go through the process, support his contracted player, and then see what he can do.

I did NOT get the impression that he feels that Kellen Davis is our starting TE next season. Read this:

Quote:
"When you look at our other midfield target, Earl (Bennett) showed us his talent the last game. That catch and run (a 60-yard touchdown at Detroit on Sunday), I think everybody has a little more zip as fans, and I am one of them, give him credit for it. He took the ball around the seam and he was gone. There wasnít anybody that was going to catch him.

"He has had numerous midfield catches in his career. Whether it was him not having a fast start because he had an ankle in camp, he missed a little preseason, or the concussion, I donít know. But we need to get more consistency, playmaker and whether it is adding to the talent mix, I need to do a better job but we need to get more consistent in that midfield area to provide midfield targets for our quarterback because of the way, part of me telling you about these stats, the NFL today, youíre going to get pressure on the quarterback. You have to have him have reliable targets in all field areas if youíre going to solve that situation, not only improving our overall competitive mix of our offensive line."
To me, and what I gathered from the rest of his comments, is that he knows he needs to improve the TE position. All of his "middle of the field" remarks are directed there. I think he also isn't sold on Bennett from a health standpoint. I like Bennett as a slot WR, but don't be surprised if we don't try to find another alternative there (and I don't think it will be Hester)

Old
01-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Sarava

Quote:

The impression I got is that KD will be gone. I think you're reading his comments different than the rest of us.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:43 PM
ndgt10

Holmgren

Old
01-01-2013, 07:20 PM
madgoat33

no retreads, especially holmgren. and the only people who don't think kellen davis sucks are mike martz and lovie smith

Old
01-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Illinihockey

Reid to AZ and Lovie to Buffalo would be good. Would leave us competing with 4 teams instead of 6

Old
01-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Holmgren
Holmgren demands control of everything and as we saw in both Seattle and Cleveland that is recipe for failure

Seattle only was successful after he was forced to give up GM role

Old
01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Illinihockey

@DavidHaugh: Add another assistant to Phil Emery's list: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.

Old
01-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
@DavidHaugh: Add another assistant to Phil Emery's list: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.
Completed forgot about him

Would be good hire as well ,, His work with Rodgers and there WR's is impressive

Not a fan of his OL though ,, We need a guy who understands how to build OL and has good blocking schemes

Old
01-01-2013, 07:47 PM
madgoat33

no mention of kyle shanahan yet. i r disappoint.

Old
01-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Completed forgot about him

Would be good hire as well ,, His work with Rodgers and there WR's is impressive

Not a fan of his OL though ,, We need a guy who understands how to build OL and has good blocking schemes
I'm really interested in Kyle Shannahan. I don't know if he's ready to be a Head Coach yet though. But I'm a huge fan of his (and his dad's) system. Cutler's best year in Denver was in the Shannhan system, Kyle took that system (along with Kubiak) to Houston where Matt Schaub had his best statistical year, and now they have been using it for two years in Washington, and hell, it made Rex Grossman look salvageable out there for a bit last year, and we know how RGIII is loving it. The fact is I think that Zone Blocking Scheme works great, and I think it would suit Forte really well. And the play-action is something we should be exploiting here like they do there. It's a great system, I just don't know if he's ready to be a Head Coach yet, or that there's even a chance he leaves Washington (I've heard he may be the heir-apparent if his dad steps down there).

Old
01-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
no mention of kyle shanahan yet. i r disappoint.
LOL! Good timing. I don't think he can be interviewed this week because he has a game. We would have to wait for them to be eliminated before interviewing him. So no point in asking now and tipping any hands.

Old
01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Yeah the lack of Shanhan talk is disappointing

Also no talk as of now involving Dennison or Gruden (Either one) as well

Old
01-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Cullksinikers

Get your damn hands off Clements.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:06 PM
madgoat33

not sure how i feel about gruden, but wouldn't mind dennison at all. would like to ideally see us give shanny a shot though. good mix of innovation/creativity and proven things like zone blocking.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
not sure how i feel about gruden, but wouldn't mind dennison at all. would like to ideally see us give shanny a shot though. good mix of innovation/creativity and proven things like zone blocking.
Forte would thrive in Shanahan's system

Old
01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
madgoat33

also seems like he can play to the strengths of his team, something martz and tice were horrible at

Closed Thread