HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group A • Dec. 31 • Sweden 7, Finland 4

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Sweden in regulation 27 42.86%
Sweden in overtime/shootout 6 9.52%
Finland in regulation 23 36.51%
Finland in overtime/shootout 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2012, 07:55 AM
  #326
JFG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,387
vCash: 500
I'm never comfortable with leads against Finland.

But I think this game and the ones from previous years show that Sweden's youth hockey system is way superior compared to Finland's for the moment.

JFG is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:56 AM
  #327
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,076
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I have no confidence in Lassinnanti, he's like 1.75m playing like he's 1.60m... I have no idea why they don't start Oscar Dansk, he's the best goalie among the 3... maybe it's just because he's one year younger?
I'm a bit nervous myself.. I dont think he has been bad or anything but as you said he is small and lets a lot of rebounds. Once they realize to shoot high like Armia did I think he will let in a few more goals.

vippe is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:56 AM
  #328
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,008
vCash: 626
Marjamäki's jacket is tad too small IMO. You can notice it if you watch closely his sleeves and waist. I'd prefer a bit looser jacket.

W75 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:56 AM
  #329
toewsintangibles
Registered User
 
toewsintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFG View Post
I'm never comfortable with leads against Finland.

But I think this game and the ones from previous years show that Sweden's youth hockey system is way superior compared to Finland's for the moment.
Last years shootout win clearly proved that? Wut..

toewsintangibles is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:57 AM
  #330
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,895
vCash: 500
Remember, this is junior hockey, I can definitely see Finland winning this game, although would be bad if Sweden let in 6 goals and lose the 1st place in the group

mindfly is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:57 AM
  #331
Monaakko
Registered User
 
Monaakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
The main problem for the finns seems to be bringing the puck into the swedish zone. No support for the puck carrier whatsoever. It has been a problem the entire tournament.

Monaakko is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:57 AM
  #332
Fin9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Smokey Town
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid View Post
Been long time lurker here. I just can't just stand this anymore I really thought Finland would be this year contender. Players are lacking discpline. They have zero confidence and the lines are not clicking.

I blame Rindell. He has brought nothing to these players they don't show heart, they dont play hard. They are just surfing on the ice making horrible turnovers taking stupid penalties. Should play more straightforward. Just put the puck in the offensive zone after red line and backcheck hard. We are losing lot of pucks in front of blueline. Just horrible game system.

This year we have firepower we are not just exploiting it. So sad

I agree, might be the best finnish WJC roster on paper for years and perform like this -.-

Fin9* is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:57 AM
  #333
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid View Post
Been long time lurker here. I just can't just stand this anymore I really thought Finland would be this year contender. Players are lacking discpline. They have zero confidence and the lines are not clicking.

I blame Rindell. He has brought nothing to these players they don't show heart, they dont play hard. They are just surfing on the ice making horrible turnovers taking stupid penalties. Should play more straightforward. Just put the puck in the offensive zone after red line and backcheck hard. We are losing lot of pucks in front of blueline. Just horrible game system.

This year we have firepower we are not just exploiting it. So sad
That's forecheck by the way, not backcheck. But dump and chase doesn't work with this team, our players don't have the skating speed, size or physicality for that playing style.

Jussi is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:58 AM
  #334
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I have no confidence in Lassinnanti, he's like 1.75m playing like he's 1.60m... I have no idea why they don't start Oscar Dansk, he's the best goalie among the 3... maybe it's just because he's one year younger?
Are you serious? He's actually playing like 6'3 goalie, you have no idea how to evaluate goalies. Dansk has been just pathetic in OHL this year lost more than 10 games to his team because allowing really easy goals.

Leehh is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:58 AM
  #335
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
The only stream I got to somewhat work is a russian stream on sopcast that stutters like crazy.


Good times.

Nordic* is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:59 AM
  #336
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,098
vCash: 500
Time to start looking for silver linings.

The Finnish hockey system is pretty complacent, only thing to shake it up is a real catastrophe every once in a while.


Kummola has been hiring these 2nd-rate coaches (well, Marjamäki was an exception) to coach the U20 team for years. Maybe this could finally stop if we really become a relegation nation?

He needs to dig up the best possible bench boss available, no matter the cost.

FiLe is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:59 AM
  #337
EmeticDonut
Registered User
 
EmeticDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 800
Pundits expect Finland to come out with force for the 2nd. That's what they always say, but I doubt it. Hope they prove me wrong.

EmeticDonut is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:59 AM
  #338
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
Are you serious? He's actually playing like 6'3 goalie, you have no idea how to evaluate goalies. Dansk has been just pathetic in OHL this year lost more than 10 games to his team because allowing really easy goals.
Shoot high and it's a goal.

Also did you see his rebounds... ouch

mindfly is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:00 AM
  #339
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Time to start looking for silver linings.

The Finnish hockey system is pretty complacent, only thing to shake it up is a real catastrophe or too.

Kummola has been hiring these 2nd-rate coaches (well, Marjamäki was an exception) to coach the U20 team for years. Maybe this could finally stop if we really become a relegation nation?

He needs to dig up the best possible bench boss available, no matter the cost.
They already hired Raipe...

Jussi is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:00 AM
  #340
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.
 
Lexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,839
vCash: 500
Wow!

3-1 and 18-4 in shots after the 1st period.

Thought this game would be close.

Lexus is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:00 AM
  #341
Fin9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Smokey Town
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Its now or never when our top-6 needs to really start working their butts of and show what they are made of!

Fin9* is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:01 AM
  #342
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
this game is far from over (finns dont need many chances to score)

Hockeyfrilla is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:01 AM
  #343
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
This game is far from over.

Lets go my man Wilstrand!!

Dysentery is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:01 AM
  #344
Sundance Kid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Yes I know we don't have the most physical team but you can't just lose so many pucks in neutral zone

Sundance Kid is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:01 AM
  #345
Fin9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Smokey Town
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Lol Joels interview

Fin9* is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:01 AM
  #346
Grammar Butcher
Registered User
 
Grammar Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
I'm a bit nervous myself.. I dont think he has been bad or anything but as you said he is small and lets a lot of rebounds. Once they realize to shoot high like Armia did I think he will let in a few more goals.
Well Lundström plays along men in the Swedish Eliteleauge, the best we have. Dansk plays Junior-hockey in Canada. Lassinantti, in Allsvenskan/Div 1.

I had chosen Lundström, he also has the size and can be a beast at times. Lassinantti plays too low. Stay up!

Let's go Sweden, keep the pressure on the Finns!

Grammar Butcher is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
  #347
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
They already hired Raipe...
For as long as it's not official, they can always back down.

Of course, he did take us to the semis last year. So I guess that makes him a "technical" improvement.

FiLe is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
  #348
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
this game is far from over (finns dont need many chances to score)
Yes we do...

Jussi is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
  #349
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin9 View Post
Lol Joels interview
"Dunno, lol"

Haite is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
  #350
Trotzig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
this game is far from over (finns dont need many chances to score)
Yeah, I'm still pretty ****ing nervous.

Trotzig is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.