HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Grp A • Dec. 31 • Switzerland 3, Czech Republic 4 (OT)

View Poll Results: Who wins?
SUI in regulation 1 5.56%
SUI in overtime/shootout 3 16.67%
CZE in regulation 8 44.44%
CZE in overtime/shootout 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Dynamo81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
Swedes haven't won 1st yet but they will unless they lose by 3 or more, so they might play defensive to avoid a big loss. So yes I agree like I said in another post it doesn't bode well for the Swiss unless the Swedes want to eliminate the Fins
I don't believe the Swedes will go easy, they are still rivals and I'm sure the Swedes know they need to step up their game to be prepared for the Semi Final round, they can play a lot better than they have been in this tournament. Not too much pressure here on them too but still a little to not lose by three.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:04 AM
jonlin

Quote:
I'm just curious, how common is fixing in international hockey? Swedes and Fins could agree to go to OT, works for the Swedes as they finish 1st, works for the Fins as they qualify for the quarters. Any chance that happens?
No chance in hell that happens! Even if Finland finnishes last in any competition, the thing that matters is winning Sweden.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:06 AM
QnebO

Quote:
I'm just curious, how common is fixing in international hockey? Swedes and Fins could agree to go to OT, works for the Swedes as they finish 1st, works for the Fins as they qualify for the quarters. Any chance that happens?
That would be wise but sadly we are way to honest to do that. They will play for win, swiss has, sadly for finns, a good chance to advance.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:07 AM
Mestaruus

Quote:
No that's more of a Swedish thing to fix results (Peter Forsberg admitted to this, I think it was in the Olympics). Finnish teams wont do such things . We'll hand them that 1-4 loss and that's that.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:08 AM
toewsintangibles

A collective perkele was heard from all over Finland..

Damn these Swiss, always getting the loser point

Old
12-31-2012, 04:11 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
No chance in hell that happens! Even if Finland finnishes last in any competition, the thing that matters is winning Sweden.
LOL, isn't that what Peter Forsberg said after the 2006 Olympics when they lost to play the Swiss in the Quarterfinals...

The Sweds won't go 100% I'm pretty sure about that... Don't want to risk injuries or suspensions...

Hello Relegationround for Switzerland! But hey, at least the Swiss will have the chance to say after the tournament (with two victories in Relegation), that they never lost in Regulation and still have won nothing...

Old
12-31-2012, 04:12 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

I find it very annoying that Sieber can still have the chance to play in the tournament possibly

should have been more than 1 game suspension

Old
12-31-2012, 04:17 AM
NicoSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafik Soliman View Post
LOL, isn't that what Peter Forsberg said after the 2006 Olympics when they lost to play the Swiss in the Quarterfinals...

The Sweds won't go 100% I'm pretty sure about that... Don't want to risk injuries or suspensions...

Hello Relegationround for Switzerland! But hey, at least the Swiss will have the chance to say after the tournament (with two victories in Relegation), that they never lost in Regulation and still have won nothing...
Remember the Soccer World Cup 2006, where Switzerland was the first team to drop out without any goals against

Old
12-31-2012, 04:18 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoSB View Post
Remember the Soccer World Cup 2006, where Switzerland was the first team to drop out without any goals against
LOL, that was exactly my thought...

Old
12-31-2012, 04:19 AM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoSB View Post

It's always us

Old
12-31-2012, 04:20 AM
Zorkan

Quote:

The games against Germany and Slovakia will be very tough for us in relegation. No matter how bad the Germans have played against other teams, we will struggle big time against them.

I hope Sweden can continue their streak, but from the games against Switzerland only, they have been the weakest of the three top teams so far. I would not be surprised a bit if Finland would win this one...

Old
12-31-2012, 04:24 AM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:

I am sure they want to secure the group win though, and dropping the Finns to the relegation round would be sweet for them. So, unfortunately for us, I am quite positive Sweden will be highly motivated.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:34 AM
Tree-hugger

Quote:

Yes they will. This is a bit different brand of hockey we're talking about - and you should know that. Young players will go all in, no matter the situation.

Meh, You got me.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:39 AM
masseman3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaruus View Post
No that's more of a Swedish thing to fix results (Peter Forsberg admitted to this, I think it was in the Olympics). Finnish teams wont do such things . We'll hand them that 1-4 loss and that's that.

Haha, the finnish wishful thinking. Looking forward to seeing your games in the relegation round.

Here is proof the finns can't win:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJY-6BkpPq0

Old
12-31-2012, 04:40 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseman3 View Post
Haha, the finnish wishful thinking. Looking forward to seeing your games in the relegation round.

Here is proof the finns can't win:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJY-6BkpPq0
Finland always finnishes second. We need to win this to achieve that, Finns win.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:45 AM
CZechSenator
#15 Jan Marek R.I.P.

Highlights from the game.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:47 AM
agent082

Quote:
Well. Sweden is famous for fixing the results in any sports. Like soccer Euro 2004 when they played 2-2 against Denmark and dropped Italy. But i think in this situation they prefer dropping Finland than Switzerland.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:59 AM
SoundAndFury

Wow Jaskin is turning into a real beast. He looked like a bust in the making last season but he's looking like a real steal at #41 now. Could work on his shot though.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:21 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Finland can still win the group.

And Switzerland shouldnt be worried about effort here.. Finland and Sweden both wants to win against each other. Badly.
Yeah, I see that now. They would need to beat Sweden by, what, 3-goals? Seems unlikely.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree-hugger View Post
Yes they will. This is a bit different brand of hockey we're talking about - and you should know that. Young players will go all in, no matter the situation.

Meh, You got me.
I hope you're right... For sure, I'm the first one to cheer for Sweden!

Old
12-31-2012, 05:46 AM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 1004
Good showing by Switzerland once again forcing a higher ranked team to OT.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Tree-hugger

Quote:
I hope you're right... For sure, I'm the first one to cheer for Sweden!
We'll see but that would be like asking German kids to lose Swiss, and that would be a pretty though thing to ask.

It will be fought to the tooth and nail but what do I know, we'll see

Old
12-31-2012, 08:36 AM
torero

QF

here we are !
tks to Sweden.

Old
12-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Tree-hugger