HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

QMJHL Top 10 from TSR

Old
01-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

vCash: 500
QMJHL Top 10 from TSR

Quote:
1 - Nathan Mackinnon
The Mooseheads standout has done nothing to disappoint so far this season, bringing an improved defensive acumen and more confident, tough play on the boards to compliment his explosive offensive abilities. Mackinnon has an awesome wrist shot and the overall offensive package is difficult to criticize. I do not recall a viewing where Mackinnon has left me asking for more, as it seems like if he is snake-bitten offensively, he makes up for it by playmaking or using his elite speed to backcheck and break up an odd man rush. Mackinnon does not have as many highlight reel plays as last year, which is no surprise considering it is often linemate Jonathan Drouin busting out of the defensive zone for a break this year, a play that used to be Mackinnnons trademark. After solidifying a spot on the World Junior team, MacKinnon will be expected to lead the Mooseheads to a lengthy playoff run afterwards.
Quote:
8 - Marc-Olivier Roy
Marc-Olivier Roy has brought everything a hockey team can ask for from a forward this year, and despite not having the physical talents of some players ranked behind him, the total package Roy brings sees him at #8 in TSR’s December rankings. Roy plays 1st line, 1st powerplay and 2nd PK minutes for a deep Armada team with coach Jean-Francois Houle, who is very strict with regards to compete level and defensive play. That alone tells you alot about Roy as a prospect. Roy has a quick, tidy stride and has great agility and footwork. He competes on the boards despite being undersized and is very dangerous on the rush offensively. Roy will only keep rising if he continues his good production and consistent efforts in both ends.
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...-qmjhl-report/

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 03:49 PM
General Granny*

Good list but I would put Erne at 3rd, every time I watch his game he does something amazing and looks like the best player on the ice but Mantha would look great for 5 minutes of that game and dissapear for the rest of the night.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 03:53 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
I really like Matt Murphy, I think he could be a steal in round 3.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 03:54 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Sörensen has really dropped.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Sörensen has really dropped.
I like his skating a lot, he's kind of similar Dauphin in the way you wonder if his total package can translate to a scoring role at the next level.

Talented player probably deserved an HM but we only listed three.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Montecristo

reading on anthony duclair i wonder why he isn't 3rd. he has elite speed, has improved his bulk, and has playmaking ability. whats wrong with his game?

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 07:57 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
reading on anthony duclair i wonder why he isn't 3rd. he has elite speed, has improved his bulk, and has playmaking ability. whats wrong with his game?
his hockey sense is what is wrong, his off ice attitude I heard from a source with the team is he has an ego as well. He has terrific skills but he just leaves youo always saying why didn't he see the guy wide open going in with him, or why didn't he go there on the ice or do that.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 08:02 PM

No having Philippe Desrosiers on there is a mistake IMO

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
his hockey sense is what is wrong, his off ice attitude I heard from a source with the team is he has an ego as well. He has terrific skills but he just leaves youo always saying why didn't he see the guy wide open going in with him, or why didn't he go there on the ice or do that.
thanks for the update. I'm not familiar with guys from the Q. still though, even with those negatives going against him, theres no reason to believe he doesn't have phil kessel type upside though, right?

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 09:58 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
thanks for the update. I'm not familiar with guys from the Q. still though, even with those negatives going against him, theres no reason to believe he doesn't have phil kessel type upside though, right?
Some people didn't agree the last time I mentionned him but the NHL comparison would be Evander Kane.

Even Duclair himself compares his style to Kane's.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Felix Perreault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan English View Post
I like his skating a lot, he's kind of similar Dauphin in the way you wonder if his total package can translate to a scoring role at the next level.

Talented player probably deserved an HM but we only listed three.
Nice list. I also think Erne should be 3rd. Maybe Reway a little bit before Dauphin, but its ok.

I do my own list too and It's similar..!!

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:57 AM
thefeebster

Just wondering on your thoughts about Vincent Dunn and where you'd rank him currently in your list. Besides the racism fiasco, he sounds like a guy who projects well to the NHL.

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:27 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil11 View Post
Nice list. I also think Erne should be 3rd. Maybe Reway a little bit before Dauphin, but its ok.

I do my own list too and It's similar..!!
Reway with his 5'8 and 158 lbs, despite his talent, will fall a lot.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Felix Perreault

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Reway with his 5'8 and 158 lbs, despite his talent, will fall a lot.
On eliteprospects he is 5'10 ... LHJMQ.com he is 5'08 ...Don't know the real answer but when I saw him play, he seems taller than 5'08 ... Maybe he will fall like Hudon does yeah, but right now Hudon is a ''steal'' (I know is too early to sat that).

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:51 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
On eliteprospects he is 5'10 ... LHJMQ.com he is 5'08 ...Don't know the real answer but when I saw him play, he seems taller than 5'08 ... Maybe he will fall like Hudon does yeah, but right now Hudon is a ''steal'' (I know is too early to sat that).
A Gatineau reporter adressed it when he showed to camp in August. He said he was shorter and lighter than what his agent told the Olympiques' management. (He probably gave them the 5'10 and 172 that are written on elite prospects)

They measured him at the camp and he was 5'7 1/2 and 158 lbs.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Quote:
If Reway plays as timidly as he did in Halifax, he has a weak chance of being drafted.

He had two goals that night, so his talent was on display but he avoided the boards like the plague and skated away from battles. This could be something that has gotten better from earlier in the season, but if I represented an NHL team it would be difficult to defend his selection.

Just my two cents with a small-ish sample size (1 live 1 TV viewing).

Old
01-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Just wondering on your thoughts about Vincent Dunn and where you'd rank him currently in your list. Besides the racism fiasco, he sounds like a guy who projects well to the NHL.
In all honesty, I was paying more attention to Mantha and Murphy when VDO came to Halifax. Didn't catch my eye that game and after looking at his stat line, maybe I should have paid more attention to him.

I'll have to watch him on Telus a few times this year and try to make a judgement.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:06 AM
grahamgill31450

vCash: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I really like Matt Murphy, I think he could be a steal in round 3.
Murphy, Morin (RIM), Carrier (CAP) and Mantha (VDO) are the dark horses. Looking back in 5-10 years, they could be the steals.

grahamgill31450 is offline   Reply With Quote