HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Most underated and overated players/teams in the Q

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2012, 08:19 AM
  #1
PEI Rocket Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Most underated and overated players/teams in the Q

Overated
-Alex Saulnier
-Allain Saulnier
-Brandon Hynes
-Olivier Archambault
-Cedrick Henley
-Jean-Sebastien Dea
Underated
-Stephan MacAulay
-Francis Beauvillier
-Darcy Ashley
-Cedric Paquette
-Marc-Olivier Roy
-Sven Andrighetto
-Peter Trainor
TEAMS
Overated
-Quebec
-Drummondville
-Moncton
Underated
-PEI
-Val-d'Or
-Rimouski

PEI Rocket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:59 AM
  #2
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
BaC is an underrated team IMO.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:37 AM
  #3
Reesor01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
I don't know how the Saulniers can be overrated when Allain has 2 70+ point seasons and Alex has 2 80+ point seasons (1 while missing 10 games). They probably won't play higher than the AHL if that, but they are both excellent Q players. There's not really any hype about them either, so if anything they might be underrated.

And this is from a Moose fan.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:43 PM
  #4
Call me Suds
Registered User
 
Call me Suds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
I don't know how the Saulniers can be overrated when Allain has 2 70+ point seasons and Alex has 2 80+ point seasons (1 while missing 10 games). They probably won't play higher than the AHL if that, but they are both excellent Q players. There's not really any hype about them either, so if anything they might be underrated.

And this is from a Moose fan.
Agreed.

If you had them listed under "Love to hate" then it'd be more fitting. Those guys have been burning teams for 3 years now and didn't even get drafted to the Q until they were 17 lol

Call me Suds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:11 PM
  #5
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
I agree that Paquette and Roy are underratted.. Roy was very good against Rouyn last Friday..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:19 PM
  #6
PEI Rocket Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I agree that Paquette and Roy are underratted.. Roy was very good against Rouyn last Friday..
Who are you top 5's

PEI Rocket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:28 PM
  #7
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI Rocket Fan View Post
Who are you top 5's
For underrated ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:42 PM
  #8
PEI Rocket Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
For underrated ?
both

PEI Rocket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 07:56 PM
  #9
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
Overrated:
1:Matthew Bissonette
2:Steve Gilliard
3:Zach O'Brien
4:Robin Gusse
5:Ben Duffy

Underrated:
1:Josh Currie
2:Raphael Bussieres
3:Marc-Olivier Roy
4:Nicklas Sorensen
5etr Straka

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:23 PM
  #10
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
I don't see how Gillard is over-rated (Strange right? ) If anything he doesn't get enough love for what he does.... I know I'll just be a homer on here but no one has watched him enough to fully appreciate the role he's asked to fill IMO...

Overrated
Rouyn
Matt Bissonnette
JS Dea
Zach O'Brien
James Melindy
Alex Dubeau
Max Lagace
Raphael Bussieres

Underrated
Drummondville
Vincent Dunn
Peter Trainor
Matt Boudreau
Laurent Dauphin
Matt Murphy
Raphael Lafontaine
Randy Gazzola
Mathieu Brisebois

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:59 PM
  #11
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Underrated:
Raphael Bussieres
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Overrated:
Raphael Bussieres
Kinda interesting to see different perspectives from different fans.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:19 AM
  #12
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
I don't see how Gillard is over-rated (Strange right? ) If anything he doesn't get enough love for what he does.... I know I'll just be a homer on here but no one has watched him enough to fully appreciate the role he's asked to fill IMO...

Overrated
Rouyn
Matt Bissonnette
JS Dea
Zach O'Brien
James Melindy
Alex Dubeau
Max Lagace
Raphael Bussieres

Underrated
Drummondville
Vincent Dunn
Peter Trainor
Matt Boudreau
Laurent Dauphin
Matt Murphy
Raphael Lafontaine
Randy Gazzola
Mathieu Brisebois
Trainor and Dunn were good catches.

Murphy too actually.

I think Gilliard is an average OA Defenceman.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:20 AM
  #13
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Kinda interesting to see different perspectives from different fans.
Haha very ! I'm a Wild homer, but I do like what he brings.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:23 AM
  #14
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Trainor and Dunn were good catches.

Murphy too actually.

I think Gilliard is an average OA Defenceman.
Gillard* no I

Dunn and Murphy go under the radar because Val-d'Or don't get much attention, and when they do it (deservingly) goes to Mantha.

Trainor has quietly put up one of the best offensive seasons by any player not named Currie, Duffy or Drouin....

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:17 AM
  #15
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Gillard* no I

Dunn and Murphy go under the radar because Val-d'Or don't get much attention, and when they do it (deservingly) goes to Mantha.

Trainor has quietly put up one of the best offensive seasons by any player not named Currie, Duffy or Drouin....
I agree 100% with your last 2 points.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:44 AM
  #16
Raimu
Registered User
 
Raimu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Overrated:
1:Matthew Bissonette
2:Steve Gilliard
3:Zach O'Brien
4:Robin Gusse
5:Ben Duffy

Underrated:
1:Josh Currie
2:Raphael Bussieres
3:Marc-Olivier Roy
4:Nicklas Sorensen
5etr Straka
I have the exact opposite feeling on Gillard. I think he's criminally underrated.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
  #17
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
I have the exact opposite feeling on Gillard. I think he's criminally underrated.
To each our own right ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.