HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
I won't either. Would like to have him back, but if the Bills want to lock up a good TE coming off an achilles injury be my guest.
Agreed. Paulsen is really good, and is very inexpensive. Fred Davis wants to get paid like Vernon Davis, and he aint all that.

I'd rather see them draft a TE in the latter rounds, and go with what they got. Save the $$$ there, and then use it next year in places better suited for this team (OL, DL, DB).

*If* RG3 is healthy, he can make any offensive player a weapon, Davis isnt useful. If RG3 is *not* healthy, then Davis wont make us better enough to offset the RG3 problems.

So....see ya, Sleepy.

That said,

Fire George

Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
On Oct. 27 Marcus Lattimore tore the anterior cruciate, lateral collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments in his right knee in a game against Tennessee. Saw it live on TV, nasty looking injury. In the last day or two Lattimore performed so well at South Carolina's pro-day that he got a rousing ovation from every scout in attendence. Thats 5 months from blowing out his knee to being able to run at a pro-day. Amazing.

Now Griffin did his damage on Jan. 6 versus Seattle. 5 months from that point is June 6. Not saying Griffin is a lock to start week 1, but after Adrian Peterson's amazing recovery, and now Lattimore, week 1 is a real possibility.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:33 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
On Oct. 27 Marcus Lattimore tore the anterior cruciate, lateral collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments in his right knee in a game against Tennessee. Saw it live on TV, nasty looking injury. In the last day or two Lattimore performed so well at South Carolina's pro-day that he got a rousing ovation from every scout in attendence. Thats 5 months from blowing out his knee to being able to run at a pro-day. Amazing.

Now Griffin did his damage on Jan. 6 versus Seattle. 5 months from that point is June 6. Not saying Griffin is a lock to start week 1, but after Adrian Peterson's amazing recovery, and now Lattimore, week 1 is a real possibility.
Lattimore is my surprise choice for the Redskins 4th round pick.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Lattimore would be a terrible pick for the 4th.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:42 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Lattimore would be a terrible pick for the 4th.
Disagree. And Shanahan will take a RB in rounds 4-7. I don't see Royster or Helu on the final 53.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
Disagree. And Shanahan will take a RB in rounds 4-7. I don't see Royster or Helu on the final 53.
Kenjon Barner makes more sense as a change of pace back. Lattimore aside from the serious injuries he's had, doesn't have a second gear, no breakaway speed.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:50 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
I totally see Helu on the roster. He'd spell Morris. He's quick and catches the ball very very well.

Royster could be Morris' backup.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Helu is the only change of pace RB on the roster to compliment Morris, and he is cheap. He has the upcoming offseason, training camp and season (if he makes it that far) to show he can over come the injury issues that have plagued his first 2 years in the league. Royster on the other hand is just taking up a roster spot currently, but with more glaring needs at other positions Morris, Helu and Royster at RB on the week 1 roster is a real possibility.

As far as who/what the Skins draft coming up I can't see them not addressing the secondary in their 2-4 round picks. They have to. After that O-line is still a need, as is D-line now (with Carriker's set back) and TE to replace Sleepy. RB and WR would appear to be a low priority, IMO.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:21 PM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
I only see Morris returning. Helu double Achillies... sorry but I dont see him able to compete with that no name guy Mike will bring in. I think we need a proven 3rd down back, hands and can pick up the blitz. Royster was invisible the first 12 games but finally showed a little near the end of the year, but I am not sure it was enough to ensure a job.I dont think teams even game planned for him, hence why he did some damage late.

We added DE->OLB Darryl "Keg" Tapp today.

Bowl.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:13 PM

Rich_TandlerCSN: So per @RapSheet the Redskins used #RG3 to help recruit Antoine Winfield. Griffin accompanied Snyder, Allen, Shanny, et al to dinner.

cont ....

One other cool things #Redskins did for Antoine Winfield? Showed him a highlight tape... Which opened with him destroying the Skins

Old
03-28-2013, 08:38 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
I totally see Helu on the roster. He'd spell Morris. He's quick and catches the ball very very well.

Royster could be Morris' backup.
Helu has played 18 games in two seasons. He's not durable.

Barner is a great choice, and I'd love to have him. He doesn't strike me as a "Shanny" guy.

Lattimore has Shanahan written all over him. He'd be a top 15 pick without the injury.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:39 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Fred Davis has cancelled his visit to the Jets; down to Buffalo or DC.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...12851755892738
Redskins re-signed TE Fred Davis to a one-year deal.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:07 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

meh. I was kind of looking forward to someone a little more consistently in our lineup - new blood. It seems like there are lots of pass catching TE's now, I dont see why a team needs to be tied to one.

Missed first practice. Injuries. Snoop Dog impersonation. Probably will be overpaid for what we get out of him, one way or another. I am not sure if he is even an average blocker.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:45 AM
usiel

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...12851755892738
Redskins re-signed TE Fred Davis to a one-year deal.
Makes sense since he is playing for a big contract. Better to have RGIII throwing him passes than whomever is in Buffalo playing QB.

03-29-2013, 09:49 AM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
meh. I was kind of looking forward to someone a little more consistently in our lineup - new blood. It seems like there are lots of pass catching TE's now, I dont see why a team needs to be tied to one.

Missed first practice. Injuries. Snoop Dog impersonation. Probably will be overpaid for what we get out of him, one way or another. I am not sure if he is even an average blocker.
Going to disagree here. Fred is on a one year deal; he signed with us over Buffalo because we have a great QB and dynamic offense. He wants to get paid -- period. He's going to do everything in his power to blow it up so he can cash in next year.

He turned down more $$ from the Bills to sign with the Redskins. He knows this is the year to cash it in and he has an infinitely better chance doing that playing with RGIII/Cousins than with Tavaris Jackson/whoever they draft.

Davis signing one year is exactly what I wanted. He has to keep his nose clean and work his tail off so he can get his contract next year (which probably won't be from us). This allows the coaches to see if Paul can establish himself this season, and draft a TE this year and give him time to develop. I'm on record as saying I wouldn't be upset if we lost him, and I wouldn't have been, but this makes our offense more dynamic and gives the team more options come draft day. Solid signing. Now go sign Winfield and this is a pretty perfect offseason.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:14 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

Where would you rather live, Buffalo or Washington I joke.

I don't disagree that III is his preferred gateway to a monster year though, and the guy has talent. Will he have the same speed? Coming back from an Achilles may not be easy.

All its going to take is one hit, and the season is over.

If I understand the rules correctly. And not the kind of hit that you need shoulder pads.

I also just want some new blood. There has to be someone that can compete. And this has nothing to do with his bizarro dabbles into law

Last edited by RandyHolt: 03-29-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old
03-29-2013, 10:35 AM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

You'll get new blood come the draft. I bet we'll have at least one guy drafted from the following positions: CB, S, WR, RB, TE, OT.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:38 AM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Oh, and QB.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:57 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I also just want some new blood. There has to be someone that can compete. And this has nothing to do with his bizarro dabbles into law
This is not the year for new blood. This is the year to maintain the status quo from the year before and then upgrade the roster as needed next year when the cap penalties are up.

Thats why Polumbus and his band of misfits will be battling it out for the starting RT spot. Why the secondary will be a focus of the team for the entire upcoming season. And why it will be important that the offense have as few injuries as possible, because the offense will need to control the flow of games. That means a huge load on Morris's shoulders.

In regards to Sleepy and the TE's, keep an eye on Niles Paul. He is a reach at TE, but man he has potential if he can break threw.

Ultimately though this team will be in the 8-8 range this year, or should. Minimal upgrades at needed postions, starters (Hall) released and not replaced, and a huge questions mark over the head of the franchise player, Griffin. Thats why this year will be maintaining the status quo. Stay in the hunt for the Division and playoffs as long as possible, and take the division or playoff spot if it can be snatched, like last year.

Hold what you got until the team can be properly upgraded with available cap space.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

So a 10-6 team got significantly worse at multiple positions, didn't have any substantial additions, and has injury concerns around its best player... and you're still projecting them at 8-8? I realize Orakpo will be back, and Carricker eventually, but come on. We'll be lucky to be 7-9.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

Fact is Davis's value on the market isn't high. If a guy whose value is not high on the open market is good for us, so be it. But all things equal, I think we will get what we paid for. Lets see if he make it through a year controversy and injury free.

Davis got his name from Rex and Beck throwing him passes. I think its laughable to think he needs RGIII to show GM's he is a talent. He could do the same in Buffalo if he feels the need.

He has the talent. It's the baggage. Who will be our pass catching TE backup. Cooley? Paul has stone hands and think Paulson may be better than Paul.

Know that I think even with Davis, there is nothing wrong taking another big pass catching TE / WR. Its all the rage. Folks were miffed when we drafted him with Cooley here and we ended up needing him sooner than later. Vinny got one right.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:40 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
So a 10-6 team got significantly worse at multiple positions, didn't have any substantial additions, and has injury concerns around its best player... and you're still projecting them at 8-8? I realize Orakpo will be back, and Carricker eventually, but come on. We'll be lucky to be 7-9.
Please explain where we got significantly worse at multiple positions. We lost two players, Zo and Hall. One is a STer and spot-duty LB. The other was the #70 ranked CB in the NFL who was our #1 and everyone wanted him cut the 1st 12 weeks of the season. We get best run stopping DL back in Carriker, our #1 LB in Orakpo, return all 11 starters from the League's best rushing attack, and we haven't had the draft yet to fill any other holes. The injury concerns about RGIII may be valid, but Dr. Andrews called RGIII "superhuman" and said he has full confidence that at this rate he'll be 100% by Week One. Also, explain to me what the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys have done to get so much better than they were last year that would lead you to believe we'll be lucky to be 3 games worse than last year. I'll be eagerly waiting your list of positions that we got significantly worse at, along with any other facts you add that would justify your opinion.

Also, Cowboys just extended Romo for 6/102 with 55 guaranteed.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:12 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

**** the Caps, the Cowboys made my day...Tony Romo, 6 years and $108 million

Old
03-29-2013, 05:26 PM
tycoonheart

I love Jerry Jones. I really do.

Closed Thread