HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Capathetic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Skins next pick is #119 in the 4th. Tonight is only the 2nd and 3rd right? I can't remember.
Right. Picks up I think at ten am sat morning.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:25 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Don't sleep on the kid Biggers either.

The skins are returning 21 of 22 starters. Plus meriweather is back along with Jackson.

Hall is likely hungry on a one year deal. This team def did not get worse.
Chase Minnifield is another one to not write off. If we are optimistic on RG3's return from knee surgery, lets not forget about Chase. Hopefully Andrews did his surgery as well....

His dad was a great corner up in Minnisota

Old
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM
tycoonheart

I think ILB is a concern too. I don't know who is available but its an area of definite need considering London's old age and Keenan coming back from torn muscle.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Cush
-inator

Barkley goes from a likely Top 10 pick down to at least a 4th rounder

Old
04-26-2013, 09:33 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Actually like both players the Skins picked. Whether they were picked to early might be the subject of some debate.

Reed's very Cooley-esque.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
You wanted a WR taken because Griffin needs weapons, and you are pissed the Skins drafted a weapon for Griffin at a position of actual need? Can't figure you out.

Mel and Todd like him. Call him an Aaron Hernandez type TE and he is a former QB.
Its not the positions, its the value. (we have Paulsen and Davis. Both young, and growing, not so at WR, different positions altogether).

Reed could have been had later. Hell, Amerson should have been here. If you think they are all that, trade back!

Look at what the 49ers are doing.

This draft reminds me of a Cerrato draft. Where they always felt they were smarter than everyone else, and it blew up in their face.

Hopefully I am wrong, but this is not good.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Actually like both players the Skins picked. Whether they were picked to early might be the subject of some debate.

Yes on all counts. Players are not the issue to me. its when, and what we could have done to maneuver downward to get same players.

Seems to be poorly thought out, frankly.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:39 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:

NFL.com actually compares him to Aaron Hernandez.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:56 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Yes on all counts. Players are not the issue to me. its when, and what we could have done to maneuver downward to get same players.

Seems to be poorly thought out, frankly.
I'm giving Shanny a free pass on skepticism this year for getting Alf in the 6th.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:02 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Its not the positions, its the value. (we have Paulsen and Davis. Both young, and growing, not so at WR, different positions altogether).

Reed could have been had later. Hell, Amerson should have been here. If you think they are all that, trade back!

Look at what the 49ers are doing.

This draft reminds me of a Cerrato draft. Where they always felt they were smarter than everyone else, and it blew up in their face.

Hopefully I am wrong, but this is not good.
- 6 of 7 WR's on the roster are 27 or younger. Young and growing.

- Sleepy Davis is coming off a torn Achilles, is on a 1 year deal, and is 1 toke away from being suspended for a year. That leaves Logan Paulsen as the sole TE on the Skins roster that can be counted on Week 1. 1 NFL caliber starting TE. The Reed pick makes sense.

- Amerson and Reed were selected either in the round they were slated (Amerson) or a round after they were slated (Reed). Early grade on these 2 picks disagrees with you: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sis-and-grades

- The Skins have grown ups running the draft now. Cerrato has no place in this discussion.

Last edited by WetHog: 04-26-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old
04-26-2013, 10:40 PM
tycoonheart

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...aron-hernandez

Feeling better about the pick now.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:18 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...aron-hernandez

Feeling better about the pick now.
Based on Bleacher Report? You shouldn't.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:40 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
It didn't have a positive review of the Morris pick last year if I remember correctly.

*edit* It didn't: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-grades/page/7

C- grade for Morris.
D+ grade for Cousins pick.

I sited bleacher simply for an early gauge on whether the picks were reaches or not. Long way to go to determine if Amerson or Reed are worthy of selection.

Last edited by WetHog: 04-27-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 10:07 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Just watched Marcus Lattimore, RB from South Carolina, on Gruden's QB Camp on ESPN. The kid is impressive, and prior to his knee injury, a top 10 pick. The Skins have 2 picks in the 5th round, if Lattimore is still around I wouldln't mind seeing the Skins take him in the 5th.

I saw him hurt his knee vs Tenn live on TV. Up until that kid for Louisville basketball, the worst knee injury I have seen live. Figured the kid would be out for a while. Turns out the injury looked worse than it was. Yes he tore his ACL, MCL and PCL's, but no meniscus or nerve damage. And no fractures. So a very similar injury to what Griffin has. He is running/working out after surgery in early November and feels confident he would be ready for training camp.

1st round talent with the Skins 2nd pick in the 5th is a gamble, but the guy is worth it. Would be a nice backup to Morris and a 3rd down back.

Last edited by WetHog: 04-27-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 10:14 AM
mdurbin1234

If you like a player, and you think he will give your team a better chance to win - you get him. Just because a player MAY fall down, doesn't mean you trade back and cross your fingers.

Evaluating a draft exactly 1 day after it has begun is incredibly asinine.

"KIRK COUSINS? A QB?!? WHAT!! I DON'T LIKE THIS PICK."

Things don't always work out as you would think. After the INCREDIBLE draft the Skins had last year, they deserve our trust this year. (not that they give a rats ass if they have it).

HTTR

Old
04-27-2013, 10:21 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbin1234 View Post
If you like a player, and you think he will give your team a better chance to win - you get him. Just because a player MAY fall down, doesn't mean you trade back and cross your fingers.

Things don't always work out as you would think. After the INCREDIBLE draft the Skins had last year, they deserve our trust this year. (not that they give a rats ass if they have it).

HTTR
Meh, the Kirk Cousins pick isn't really one you should be using to defend the strategy. The Skins used essentially 3 of their top four picks on the QB position.

They could have gotten a starter at OT (Bobby Massie), and signed David Garrard as back up and they'd be in better position this year.

Still a terrible strategic move.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:26 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
NFL.com, NFL Network, ESPN... everyone is saying the same thing.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:28 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
NFL.com, NFL Network, ESPN... everyone is saying the same thing.
Fair enough. But you or I could get an article published on Bleacher Report today. And I mean that quite literally.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:28 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Didn't understand the Cousins pick at the time, but the Cleveland game helped me understand. And the Skins led the league in rushing last year, the O-line did just fine.

Also, David Garrard had back surgery last year. Not an option as a backup. And the problem with Vet backup QB's like Garrard behind a rookie QB is more times than not the Vet backup is more concerned with becoming the starter than helping the rookie. Rookie starter and rookie backup worked perfectly for the Skins last year.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:37 AM
AlexBrovechkin8

Quote:
Meh, the Kirk Cousins pick isn't really one you should be using to defend the strategy. The Skins used essentially 3 of their top four picks on the QB position.

They could have gotten a starter at OT (Bobby Massie), and signed David Garrard as back up and they'd be in better position this year.

Still a terrible strategic move.
Without Cousins, we don't make the play-offs. He's our starting QB right now. Next offseason we could turn a 4th round back-up into multiple picks. I fail to see how that's poor asset management.

Bossie Massie was one of the worst OL in the NFL last year. Allowed 13 sacks his rookie year from the RT position and was a major reason the Cardinals imploded. Whether he improves or not remains to be seen.

David Garrard hasn't played in the NFL in two seasons. Kirk Cousins or Rex Grossman >>>>> David Garrard.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:39 AM
AlexBrovechkin8

Jordan Reed is going to **** all over defenses. Not only will he make our team better this season, but we have leverage with Fred in the offseason. Give me Kenjon Barner in the 5th or 6th and this offense will be explosive.

David Amerson is boom or bust, but his boom is elite. Raheem Morris is going to earn his paycheck coaching this kid up.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Ridley Simon

Eagles continue to stock up. Barkley is a great add

Old
04-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbin1234 View Post

HTTR
This is the kind of crap that is so annoying. Someone disagrees with how their favourite team does something, and they are a hater.

Grow up.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
Jordan Reed is going to **** all over defenses. Not only will he make our team better this season, but we have leverage with Fred in the offseason. Give me Kenjon Barner in the 5th or 6th and this offense will be explosive.

David Amerson is boom or bust, but his boom is elite. Raheem Morris is going to earn his paycheck coaching this kid up.
Yeah. Skins needed a safer pick, from my corner. With all the S's still on the board (and other CB's), I dont like this choice at 51.

That said, I will be happy to be proven wrong.

If they can somehow get Shamarko Thomas at 119, that will redeem this, IMO.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:19 AM
tycoonheart

Definitely a good pickup for Philly. Never thought he'd fall to the 4th round. Wow.

Closed Thread