HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Cush
-inator

vCash: 500
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../bacarri-rambo

CBS had Rambo as a 3rd or 4th round pick. Ranked 5th on the FS List, 104 overall

WalterFootball:

Quote:
191. Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia: A Grade
The Redskins did a great job of coming away with two steals at the safety position on Day 3. Bacarri Rambo should have gone in the third or fourth round. Washington will love his instinctive play.

Last edited by Cush: 04-27-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Cush
-inator

Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers. 71.0 Rating on NFL.com

Old
04-27-2013, 05:26 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers. 71.0 Rating on NFL.com
4.6 40 so not a change of pace guy, but 5-7 and 205 lbs. so not very big. 20 reps on the bench. Very similar in size and strength to Thompson.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
4.6 40 so not a change of pace guy, but 5-7 and 205 lbs. so not very big. 20 reps on the bench. Very similar in size and strength to Thompson.
my guess would be 1 of the 2 make the team. Other stashed on practice team

We have alot of RB now

Old
04-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Cush
-inator

ESPN repeats the 1500 yard joke with Jamison. Polian seems to like him. Speed is probably why he fell. Vision, competitiveness, patience are off the charts

CBS gives it an A:
Quote:
Redskins select: Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers
Late-round Shanahan?s back. We all know how this goes at this point.
WalterFootball:

Quote:
228. Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers: A Grade
Another running back? You don't say! Jawan Jamison was given a third-round grade from the draft advisory committee. He fell because he's a small back with a slow 40, but he plays faster than his 4.6. This is not a need, but I love the value here in the middle of Round 7.

Last edited by Cush: 04-27-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Langway
Death/Taxes/Choking

vCash: 50
Some UDFAs trickling out:

- Will Compton, ILB, Nebraska
- Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida
- Jeremy Kimbrough, ILB, Appalachian State
- RJ Mattes, OT, NC State
- Jason Thompson, WR, New Haven
- Jacolby Ashworth, G, Houston
- Kyle Wilborn, C, Troy
- Chip Reeves, WR, Washington
- Marvin Burdette, ILB, Alabama-Birmingham
- Ricky Barnum, G, Michigan
- Nick Williams, WR, Connecticut
- Tevita Stevens, C, Utah
- Seth Thomas, CB, McNeese St. (invite)

Last edited by Langway: 04-27-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Capitlols

Great draft, would of liked Da'Rick Rogers in the 7th, but can't complain.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:17 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Xaiver Nixon? Say goodbye to Trueblood. Nixon will be our Week One RT next season.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:21 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
Xaiver Nixon? Say goodbye to Trueblood. Nixon will be our Week One RT next season.
Trueblood wouldn't even have beat out Polumbus. He was atrocious with the Bucs last year.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:24 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Shut it down fellas, Redskins win the NFCE.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Blueblood9

So gotta post this before we go to battle in round 1. I'm a huge skins fan from ny and actually am in dc for the draft party.

I read through alla the comments about the draft and laughed. It seems a lot of people were grading the picks one at a time which is tough without the bigger picture, I'm definitely guilty of that.

That being said fellas we finally have a compitant font office and it wont be long until the skins drafting ability will be considered up there with the ravens, steelers 9ers, etc. this draft was spot on drafted for need with bpa and got value every where. I love the fact that we are gambling on boom or bust picks now that goes for a guy with red flags amerson and Rambo respectively. This shows the locker room is solid and will tame the crazy. This is the best draft in a long time for the skins shanahan and Allen nailed this draft on the head and as a fan I couldn't be prouder to have them lead this franchise for the coming years.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:21 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Having someone with a Rangers avatar post about the Skins is just terrible, regardless of what they have to say. How can you be a Redskins and Rangers fan?

Old
04-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Blueblood9

Quote:
Having someone with a Rangers avatar post about the Skins is just terrible, regardless of what they have to say. How can you be a Redskins and Rangers fan?
No older brother. Older cousin is a skins can always watched games withe him. And started to follow the team. I could have easily jumped to one of the ny teams but have stayed with the team through the cerrato years. I bleed burgundy and gold. HTTR

Last edited by Blueblood9: 04-27-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 01:21 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
There are actually quite a few of us. I actually had Skins season tickets for a few years despite never living near DC.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:38 AM
RandyHolt
Keep Truckin

vCash: 2743
I like that we got some real RB's and won't need to use Banks for those little gadget plays. That may be huge as it seemed like that reverse wishbone with WR's (due to a lack of RB's IMO) was supposed to be a big part of our offense.

I just heard Grant Paulson saying Helu is healing very slowly, limping cleaning out his locker at the end of the year.

I found this great post from Extreme Skins VeroViper

Quote:
I think one of the most important things is that our FO understands the pulse of the league. The days of dominant, shut down defenses are over imho. What you want are pass rushers and play makers. You can't shut down elite NFL offenses anymore. Just look at the scores in last year's playoffs. What you want is a defense that has the ability to make game changing plays. And we are most definitely making a concerted effort to add game changing play makers to this roster. This was a high risk draft to be sure. But the potential payoff is well worth that risk imo.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-29-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old
04-29-2013, 09:37 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Tebow is a UFA. Wouldn't mind the Skins picking him up, on one condition though. That Tebow finally realizes he will never be a NFL QB and he makes the transition to TE/HB. Tebow could be very good in that role.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

No thanks to the Tebow side show.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:00 PM
RandyHolt
Keep Truckin

vCash: 2743
I am going to add Tebow to my fantasy team!!!1!!

Yeah, pass.

LOL at Rambo and his I am innocent brownie story. I was so hungry. Yeah I wonder why.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
There are actually quite a few of us. I actually had Skins season tickets for a few years despite never living near DC.
Just weird. How does this come to pass?

Old
04-29-2013, 03:51 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

I think Shanahan could handle the Tebow show. Won't happen though.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:18 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

A member of the DC Councel doing his best to ensure the Skins never return to a stadium within the DC limits:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z2

Washington Redtails? Right.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:06 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
A member of the DC Councel doing his best to ensure the Skins never return to a stadium within the DC limits:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z2

Washington Redtails? Right.
The DC Council is an absolute joke. Perhaps they should focus on actual issues rather than postering for a name change.

Fact: If Dan Snyder went to Vincent Gray and said, "we'll move the team back to DC but we're keeping the name, or we'll keep the team in Landover but change the name," Major Gray would take the team back and the subsequent profits 10/10 times. They'll say/do anything for a headline or a vote.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Apparently Griffin is the topic of yet another article, this time in ESPN the Magazine, that centers around his injury and who's at fault. The article comes out later this week, I think, but the author was on 980 earlier and stated he felt that Griffin was choosing his words carefully, but gave the author the impression that Griffin was upset with how he got injured and may harbor some resentment of Shanahan and the orginization.

Now I will wait to read this article, but my initial thoughts on this latest article is, grow up Robert Griffin. Enough talking. Enough *****ing. Griffin is an adult and responsible for his own actions. It was Griffin that was caught on TV telling Trent Williams that he re-tweeked his knee and asking Williams not to tell anyone. It was Griffin that told Shanahan during the game that there is a difference between being injured and hurt and he (Griffin) was ok to continue.

I have said before that all parties involved in the Skins game day activities (HC, OC, Griffin and medical staff) have some responsibility in Griffin getting hurt, but I have grown tired of Griffin doing interview after interview where he implies that others are more to blame than Griffin himself. As I said above, Griffin is caught on tape saying he is hurt and saying he wants that information kept a secret from his HC, OC and the medical staff. Who knows better how hurt Griffin is than Griffin himself?

Griffin is the best thing to happen to the Skins in a long time, but even Griffin is not perfect. Yes he is magic on a football field, but off it he is still a 23 year old kid that needs to grow up and start taking responsibility for his own actions.

This BS revolving around Griffin's injury in the SEA game needs to be put to bed once and for all before Griffin's constant vague digs at the organization start doing signficant damage to the organization that might be hard to undo.

Rant over.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:52 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

For most guys the NFL (or the NFLPA, depending on how you view the dynamics there) deserves a ton of blame for cases where injuries are hidden... that's what non-guaranteed contracts will get you, guys lying about their health.

Somehow I don't think that's much of a risk for RGIII though, so I wouldn't buy much from him in terms of shifting blame... unless he was really mislead about the consequences of playing injured or something.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:05 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Poll: Majority OK with 'Redskins'

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...-redskins-name

Closed Thread