HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

vCash: 500
Shanahan is blaming Andrews, essentially. He said once Griffin was limping and struggling, he asked Andrews if RG3 was good to play and Andrews said yes. Based on what Andrews has said, I find it extremely doubtful that an experienced doctor who has expressed concern about Griffin's health essentially went "sure, even though I haven't examined him, he can keep playing!"

Edit: I mainly blame the Shanahans for Griffin getting hurt, but yeah...field conditions did nothing to help and were a negative factor. That was pretty disgraceful.

01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

I'm a proponent of natural grass, but the field was a travesty yesterday. With all the criticism I can see Snyder making the switch to synthetic turf.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Ridley Simon

Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Does everyone think Shanahan survives this?
The *only* way Shanahan gets fired is if he....somehow....was lying to Snyder about RG3's health. Which I dont even think is possible, as it wouldnt be Shanahan's job to fill in the owner.

Any real decisions on whether RG3 could/would play had to be a group think, and that group would have included both Allen AND Snyder.

So Snyder was in this, all along, and it blew up on him too. Shanahan has the team following him, the players unilaterally, and the pedigree to survive this. But he is now scarred in ways he never was. The only thing that will remove some of that scar is an RG3 Super Bowl Victory in the next few years, with Shanahan as the HC.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

This is such a ******** non issue that the media is spinning out of control, its ridiculous.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Capsman

Umm, this press conference is crystal clear in its content. The MRI was read by a radiologist as "probable ACL partial (or complete) tear and...please correlate clinically." This happens all the time, soon enough he will be under the knife.

Andrews probably didn't examine him yesterday because he wanted to wait for the swelling to go down.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

I'm guessing he has surgery on either Weds or Thurs.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I'm guessing he has surgery on either Weds or Thurs.
no doubt in my mind he needs surgery or he wouldnt be going to Andrews office. Hes going there to get his Surgery and Shanny isnt saying anything to avoid the media **** storm he would be in if we knew how bad his knee was

Old
01-07-2013, 03:38 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Wow, that guy Andrews is coming off as a near genius. I had him pegged as a money grubber and have to eat some serious crow.

We all know athletes have often been exploited, used when injured, at their own request or coaches, or both. Hockey players seem to play through a LOT come playoff time. The trainer, tapes and stitches and sends em back out.

Its still very very rare to have a team doctor call out a coach for lying, and the player lied about, gets hurt on the same day. Wow, what a turn of events.

And my bankroll got pummeled.
60 Minutes or Real Sports did a segment in Andrews in the past. He seemed like a great person, really cares about his patients. He's a guy at the top of his field. I can't believe he'd do something to risk that. He's essentially got the best gig he can get.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
The *only* way Shanahan gets fired is if he....somehow....was lying to Snyder about RG3's health. Which I dont even think is possible, as it wouldnt be Shanahan's job to fill in the owner.

Any real decisions on whether RG3 could/would play had to be a group think, and that group would have included both Allen AND Snyder.

So Snyder was in this, all along, and it blew up on him too. Shanahan has the team following him, the players unilaterally, and the pedigree to survive this. But he is now scarred in ways he never was. The only thing that will remove some of that scar is an RG3 Super Bowl Victory in the next few years, with Shanahan as the HC.
Lying...that's about it.

He should be fired for incompetence after he got dinged up. That's the shameful part. If he's cost us a year + of RG3, I'd be furious beyond measure if I was Snyder.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

"I don't feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way," Griffin, the No. 2 overall pick, said. "I'm the best option."

On Monday, Griffin tweeted about the criticism his coach is receiving for leaving him in the game before he re-injured his knee.

"Many may question, criticize & think they have all the right answers. But few have been in the line of fire in battle," he wrote.

Shanahan said he spoke with Griffin throughout the game about the quarterback's health.

"He said, 'Hey, trust me. I want to be in there, and I deserve to be in there,' " Shanahan said. "I couldn't disagree with him."

Classic case of a veteran coach that should know damn well sometime you have to drag a player off the field for his own sake and the team's.

Shanahan blew it. He took away the Skins chance to win that game and maybe their Franchise QB.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

And i guess Shanahan saying he couldnt further injure his knee is just another lie you can add to the list

Old
01-07-2013, 04:33 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

ESPN reporting out 14-18 months.

**** YOU Shanny.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
EYEuhFRAYtee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post

**** YOU Shanny.
there has been some rampant speculation going on today. is ESPN picking up an earlier story that has been taken down?

Old
01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
60 Minutes or Real Sports did a segment in Andrews in the past. He seemed like a great person, really cares about his patients. He's a guy at the top of his field. I can't believe he'd do something to risk that. He's essentially got the best gig he can get.
I questioned his motives because of the perfect timing, before RG3s first playoff game and us on a huge stage, coupled with his new book deal.

If behind the scenes he had been lobbying for RG3 to not play, and got fed up and finally turned to the media, he may have well added a full season to RG3's career if he was heard. I would have called him an overcautious doc but he would have been a hero. Still may be.

Listening to Mike try and spin his way out of Andrews questions is kind of entertaining.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post

**** YOU Shanny.
Not true, at least not yet. Ive heard 9 months(acl tear)

Old
01-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

If you go off his timeline of his ACL tear in 2009 in his 3rd game of the season at Baylor he was able to play the entire 2010 season. So ACL tear is awful but not end of the world. And now he has top medical treatment so he may recover faster then in 09

Old
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
txpd

its funny. the nats shutdown strasburg and the team got bashed. the redskins played rgIII and the team gets bashed. i think one vindicates the other, but who knows.

my view watching was that rgIII should have been taken out with a 14-0 lead and let the proven backup try and manage the game til there some urgent need to put rgiii back in the game.

that he continued to play after reinjuring the knee and making billy kilmer look mobile seemed insane. may i ask...can anyone tell me what sonny jurgensen was saying during this game?

Old
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
If you go off his timeline of his ACL tear in 2009 in his 3rd game of the season at Baylor he was able to play the entire 2010 season. So ACL tear is awful but not end of the world. And now he has top medical treatment so he may recover faster then in 09
That's if it's only the ACL.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:16 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
I'm quite sure he had top-notch medical care at Baylor--it's one of the top-25 or so medical schools in the country. I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Dr. Andrews that did that repair.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
txpd

the post reports that mark adeckes did the surgery. he was a former redskins offensive lineman. how do your hands servive a career as an nfl lineman enough to allow you to become a surgeon after?

Old
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
This is such a ******** non issue that the media is spinning out of control, its ridiculous.
Media loves a story to spin this time of year

Lets not forget how Cutler was crucified when he hurt his knee and his coach decided to sit him and prevent further injury

Old
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
G F O P
kawaii

http://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/sta...13470628663297
Quote:
RT @washingtonpost: UPDATE: MRI suggests @RGIII has partial tears of ACL and LCL wapo.st/UwFLoz #Redskins
Not a doctor so don't know what that means

Old
01-07-2013, 05:56 PM
txpd

partial is better than completely torn. likely still needs surgery and major rehab. its the second tear on the acl and i'd suggest that his running should be curtailed from being a main course down to a spice on dessert.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

It's more concerning that RG3 has had two concussions and possibly two ACL tears, while being only 22.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:17 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Partial is better at least....they can clean em up and rebuild the strength.

Closed Thread