HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Is the Heat's deal with the Flames up at the end of the season too? Lot of money to be made by them if they have the Canucks prospects.
Please let this be so! Probably the only way I can watch something remotely Canucks until I land my dream career...

Old
02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Hodgy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Is the Heat's deal with the Flames up at the end of the season too? Lot of money to be made by them if they have the Canucks prospects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Please let this be so! Probably the only way I can watch something remotely Canucks until I land my dream career...
Not going to happen. The city of Abbotsford is locked into a 10 year deal with the Calgary Flames. This deal is very favorable for the Flames organization.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
PRNuck
Rekt.

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
Not going to happen. The city of Abbotsford is locked into a 10 year deal with the Calgary Flames. This deal is very favorable for the Flames organization.
Ouch, didn't know that.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:15 PM
racerjoe

I heard this a while ago, so not sure how true, and or how much I am remembering corectly, but I think some west coast teams were talking of starting either their own league, or at the very least division. to make it easier to track their prospects and keep them close in case of emergency.

My guess though is that we would have heard of something of this by now, as this was a while ago.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Bad News Benning
no news is good news

vCash: 390
Send a message via MSN to Bad News Benning
I wonder if the canucks have had discussions about putting their AHL team in Seattle?

Old
02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
I wonder if the canucks have had discussions about putting their AHL team in Seattle?
Given all the somewhat recent rumours of Don Levin wanting to have an NHL team there I don't really see it happening. MG has gone on record to laud the benefits of having the prospects play in Chicago, with them being closer to the other AHL teams they play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I heard this a while ago, so not sure how true, and or how much I am remembering corectly, but I think some west coast teams were talking of starting either their own league, or at the very least division. to make it easier to track their prospects and keep them close in case of emergency.

My guess though is that we would have heard of something of this by now, as this was a while ago.
Would this be part of some minor league like the E or something?

Old
02-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Hodgy

Long term, since Acquillini owns Rogers Arena, I think he will look to get another tenant in there. I think this could come in the form of an AHL team. This would not be a short term type solution though.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:03 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Given all the somewhat recent rumours of Don Levin wanting to have an NHL team there I don't really see it happening. MG has gone on record to laud the benefits of having the prospects play in Chicago, with them being closer to the other AHL teams they play.

Would this be part of some minor league like the E or something?
I really don't know enough, it was just something being talked about about a year ago. No idea how far off the ground the talks were.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:29 PM
WolfKeeper

Some NHL teams wanted their AHL teams out west with them.

Only way that happens is the midwest disappears and moves out west. The AHL *loves* their Eastern Conference as a bus league.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:33 PM
orcatown

Wolves down early 2 - 0 to Charlotte. In both case Connauton at fault.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:49 PM
orcatown

Wolves look very bad. Sweatt playing fairly well but others like Rodin, Archibald, Connauton (especially) playing poorly.

Hunt and Friesen not playing but Andersson back from injury.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:13 PM
orcatown

Gordon scores on PP

Old
02-14-2013, 08:27 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Wolves look very bad. Sweatt playing fairly well but others like Rodin, Archibald, Connauton (especially) playing poorly.

Hunt and Friesen not playing but Andersson back from injury.
Any idea what injury it was?

Old
02-14-2013, 08:33 PM
orcatown

Hamstring I think

Rodin scores on nice set up by Miller. Now 3 - 2 for Charlotte

Old
02-16-2013, 08:06 PM
orcatown

Rodin and Kattelus out with injury

Pinizotto is skating and Sterling maybe back next weekend.

Lines (going with 11 forwards and 7 d-men)

Archibald Longpre Davies

Haydar Gordon Sweatt

Miller Friesen Desbiens

Didiomete Schneider

Joslin Andersson (playing every econd shift it seems like)

Connauton (playing every other shift with one of Matheson/ Vandermeer)

Hunt and Polosek spotted in.

Climie in net

Old
02-16-2013, 08:09 PM
orcatown

Wolves up 2 - 0 Goals by Sweatt and Davies

Old
02-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Bad News Benning
no news is good news

vCash: 390
Send a message via MSN to Bad News Benning
Why is Cannata not getting starts? He should be getting the bulk of the games. I understand if a prospect isn't playing well, but Cannata has been really good and deserves to be the starter.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:23 PM
orcatown

Slow start but Wolves really came on. Did a great job in killing off 6 minutes of PP. Lake Erie (Colorado farm team) is decimated by call up and injuries so not much of a measuring stick

Thought a good period for both Connauton and Andersson. No matter how he plays. Connauton always gets tons of game time. Seems like he gets about half of every period. You can't say they are not giving him a chance to develop. Two assists for Connauton that period

Sweatt and Gordon also with strong efforts. Hunt again looks excellent on the PP.

Too bad about Rodin as he was playing a little better. You wonder if he will ever be injury free.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:08 PM
orcatown

Gordon got creamed and he may be out. Last thing this team needed. Basically have no centers. Both Gordon and Longpre are converted wingers and all they have after that is Schnieder and Friesen. Gordon is probably their best player. Looked like he hurt his hip or back.

2 to 1 for Wolves after 2

Old
02-16-2013, 09:13 PM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
could they bring Alex Mallet or Alex Grenier up from the ECHL, both are centers and is better than the alternatives

Old
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM
orcatown

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
could they bring Alex Mallet or Alex Grenier up from the ECHL, both are centers and is better than the alternatives
Believe Grenier is playing wing. Little choice but to call up someone. May be someone like Lysak - would fit under vet rule if gordon is out

Old
02-16-2013, 09:45 PM
orcatown

Desbiens with a real good move to make it 3 to 1

Old
02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
orcatown

Wolves scramble out the win.

Climie was very strong. Had to be with a lot of sloppy play around him.

Connauton showed both his good and bad side. Overall had a good game but there is always a lot to criticize in his thought processes. Thing that worries you most is that his containment skills are simply lacking at times. Prone to real bone head plays. However, rushed the puck well and supported the play well.

Andersson was mostly good but too tentative at times. Needs to work on going to the body more. Plays well within a structured situation

Vandermeer looks too slow to be of much help to the Canucks. Should be controlling play at this level but is very far from that.

Sweatt is their best forward and would probably be the first call up. Can use speed to be a good forechecker although his hands are not that good. Would be very marginal at the NHL level but seemingly the pick of this bunch.

Davies also had very good game and and dangerous around the net. One of the better players on the team at this time.

Both Miller and Desbiens were effective players

Play of Archibald is disappointing lately. Lacks acceleration and lugging a lot. Type of player that could be good if had a good center. Right now Longpre is not really being that.

Friesen was bad. Had some more chance to play in this one but he has so few tools to compete at this level. No speed and little skill.

Wolves are plugging away but you wonder how many injuries they can sustain before the bottom falls out. Right now Pinizotto, Rodin, Mullen, Kattelus, Sterling and now it appears Gordon.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:05 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Thanks for the updates orca.

Gotta wonder why Cannata isn't starting - I understand the coach's job with the Wolves is to win, but I hope Arniel has learned from last time and doesn't plan on riding Climie into the ground again. It's not like Cannata has been costing them games or anything...

Old
02-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Thanks for the updates orca.

Gotta wonder why Cannata isn't starting - I understand the coach's job with the Wolves is to win, but I hope Arniel has learned from last time and doesn't plan on riding Climie into the ground again. It's not like Cannata has been costing them games or anything...
This has bugged me for a while. Since Lack went down, Arniel has rode the holy heck out of Climie. The only reason Cannata got starts was because Climie eventually got injured as well (possibly due to being overplayed?)

Closed Thread