HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Chicago tied with Peoria (St. Louis) 0 - 0 after the first. Jake Allen in for the Rivermen and only reason it's tied

Climie in for Wolves

Line up

Desbiens Schnieder Miller

Haydar Ebbett Sweatt

Mallet Kattelus Didiomete

Davies Longpre Archibald

Connauton Matheson

Andersson Joslin

Vandermeer Hunt

Thought Sweatt Haydar Ebbett line was strong althought Ebbett made a couple of poor passes on the PP.

Mallett struggling with positioning and looks a little behind the play.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:16 PM
orcatown

Vandermeer looks dreadful. Just any other defenseman would be a better alternative for the Canucks

Old
02-23-2013, 08:24 PM
orcatown

And brain dead play by Connauton leads to penalty.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:30 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

How's Andersson and Mallet looking? Hunt's quietly having a pretty decent year. Wonder if the Nucks are interested.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:57 PM
orcatown

Andersson continues to look good. With Joslin the best defensemen. They always get the toughest match-ups.

Hunt has faded. Just not as much jump in his play.

Mallett is struggling. Fell a couple of times as the speed looks a little much for him. Playing the wing and I think he does better at center. Chasing the play and making some turnovers in his own end.

The Wolves got totally dominated that period. Peoria got 19 shots that period. Only great goaltending by Climie and a lot of lucky bounces kept Peoria from scoring.

Connauton remains totally frustrating to watch. So many bad decisions and bad reads. Vandermeer continues to get his pockey picked and moves around like a slug.

Archibald had a couple of chances but awkwardly missed them. He hasn't done much for awhile.

Sweatt is the only forward who looks like he could help the Canucks. Ebbett looks is doing very little. Those media people pimping Ebbett should be watch and see how ordinary Ebbett is at this level.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:03 PM
orcatown

and Haydar scores

Old
02-23-2013, 09:06 PM
orcatown

Ebbett from Haydar and Connauton

Old
02-23-2013, 09:10 PM
orcatown

Didiomete after beauty pass by Haydar

3 - 0

Old
02-23-2013, 09:10 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Andersson continues to look good. With Joslin the best defensemen. They always get the toughest match-ups.

Hunt has faded. Just not as much jump in his play.

Mallett is struggling. Fell a couple of times as the speed looks a little much for him. Playing the wing and I think he does better at center. Chasing the play and making some turnovers in his own end.

The Wolves got totally dominated that period. Peoria got 19 shots that period. Only great goaltending by Climie and a lot of lucky bounces kept Peoria from scoring.

Connauton remains totally frustrating to watch. So many bad decisions and bad reads. Vandermeer continues to get his pockey picked and moves around like a slug.

Archibald had a couple of chances but awkwardly missed them. He hasn't done much for awhile.

Sweatt is the only forward who looks like he could help the Canucks. Ebbett looks is doing very little. Those media people pimping Ebbett should be watch and see how ordinary Ebbett is at this level.
Nice, good to hear about Andersson. Mallet has been playing the wing in the E, but it could be that he does better at center where he can use his vision and passing more. Hopefully Archibald shows something here without JS and ZK on his line.

Right now, other than him, Andersson and Mallet it really seems like there won't be much worth getting excited about until Jensen, Price and possibly Corrado join the team eventually.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:11 PM
orcatown

assist by Connauton on the play

Old
02-23-2013, 09:16 PM
orcatown

Nice rush there by Mallett

Old
02-23-2013, 09:41 PM
TBIF

Sad to say but without any big time prospects the Wolves just dont get much attention from me anymore.

Still looking forward to guys like Mallet, Andersson, Archibald. Sauve must be with the K-Wings at this point though I still have hope for him.

I'm giving KConn 1 more year to do anything before I start forgetting about him completely. Sad Cannata didn't get a bit more time in net, I think he's going to be the real deal one day.

Lack has favorited a few of my tweets, can't wait till he's back already a fan favorite.

From the few who follow the Wolves a lot, will Jensen (if he can play for the wolves) suit up on the first line?

Tough having so many College guys.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:50 PM
orcatown

Final score 3 - 0 for Wolves. Haydar at this level can turn a game around. Good final period for him and his linemates Ebbett and Sweatt.

If this team ever gets Sterling, Pinizotto and Gordon back they could be pretty good.
Have 3rd or 4th best winning % in the conference. For all the ragging on Arneil he has them well organized and playing hard.

Climie was outstanding and very good game by Andersson and Joslin. Always put in the toughest situations. Andersson is extremely smart with the puck.

Very good third period by Connauton. Second goal was all about his rush.

Disappointed in Archibald b/c he simply is not finishing off some good work by linemates. Looks like he is fading after a good start but there has definitely been development in his play from last season.

Mallett was mostly ok but tended to skate himself out of position at times (see Kassian) and lose his coverage. Questionable whether he can play at this level.

Second was bad but overall a good workmanlike job by the team.

Friesen, Polosek and Rodin not playing.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:25 PM
lindgren

The Wolves are now three points back of Grand Rapids for the Midwest Division lead, with two games in hand. Does this success, with what many have said is a rather weak team, suggest that Arniel isn't incompetent after all?

Old
02-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
The Wolves are now three points back of Grand Rapids for the Midwest Division lead, with two games in hand. Does this success, with what many have said is a rather weak team, suggest that Arniel isn't incompetent after all?
It was considered one of the strongest teams heading into the season. The roster is still very strong by AHL standards. Not to mention he has only had success since the level of competition has decreased a ton.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
lindgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
It was considered one of the strongest teams heading into the season. The roster is still very strong by AHL standards. Not to mention he has only had success since the level of competition has decreased a ton.
That's news to me, but I'm going on my rough memories of what posters here have said about the roster; you know better than I do.

You have to admit that the Wolves took their own hit with "the level of competition" dropping, losing Schroeder, Kassian, and Tanev.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:10 PM
cc

Quote:
It seems to be me that Wolves are pretty much an entirely veteran club. I'm concerned that Arniel is almost entirely focused on winning by using developed players rather than developing players.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:14 PM
lindgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc View Post
It seems to be me that Wolves are pretty much an entirely veteran club. I'm concerned that Arniel is almost entirely focused on winning by using developed players rather than developing players.
I thought the decision to send Cannata down was perplexing (and even more perplexing was how little action he got while he was with the Wolves), but other than that, don't the Canucks have a lot to do with the make-up of the club? Who are the prospects that should be on the team but aren't, because of Arneil's preference for vets?

Old
02-24-2013, 02:27 PM
cc

Quote:
I thought the decision to send Cannata down was perplexing (and even more perplexing was how little action he got while he was with the Wolves), but other than that, don't the Canucks have a lot to do with the make-up of the club? Who are the prospects that should be on the team but aren't, because of Arneil's preference for vets?
it seems to me that several prospects have taken a step back under Arniel. A good example is Sauve
Even after Sauve got hit by a car, he played for the Nucks for a few games and didn't seem bad (albeit with heavily protected minutes). He went from being a player that was able to play an entire season for the Wolves under MacT to a player that wasn't good enough under Arniel.
and then there's K-con who, from all reports, sounds horrendous defensively this season but didn't seem quite as bad last season.
Polasek was a player that I thought had a lot of promise after seeing him prospects camp.. but I hear now that he barely gets used.

I really don't know how much actual micro managing Gillis does for the Wolves, but I'd be surprised if he made the decisions on who plays on the team and how much they play.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:43 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Sweatt and Archibald are playing in scoring roles. But you have a point about several of the D regressing... and that's on the coach (or assistant).

Rodin has been in and out of the lineup due to inconsistency and the fact that he gets injured so damn much.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:09 PM
racerjoe

I heard rumblings today that the Heat may move, anyone else hear this?

Old
02-24-2013, 05:16 PM
andy1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I heard rumblings today that the Heat may move, anyone else hear this?
Being discussed here: Click

Old
02-24-2013, 05:55 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1218 View Post
Being discussed here: Click
Thanks... don't know how I missed that going to claim temporary blindness due to the sun yesterday.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:35 PM
galiano

Just a terrible roster of NHL prospects on the Wolves. Gillis needs to do something about this. If the Canucks get a few injuries who the hell can they call up ? Not good.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:42 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galiano View Post
Just a terrible roster of NHL prospects on the Wolves. Gillis needs to do something about this. If the Canucks get a few injuries who the hell can they call up ? Not good.
It's because the 07 and 08 drafts (other than Hodgson) are complete write-offs for us. Lack and Tanev have helped to fill much of that hole, but one's done for the season with hip surgery and the other has shown remarkable progression - to the point where he's good enough to contribute for the big club instead.

Closed Thread