HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Coyotes

Old
01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Sure, when one of Gormley, Rundblad, or Murphy pans out and actually is ready to take a spot then a deal can be made. Trading #1 and #2 d now for future forward help is a horrible horrible idea when the entire plan could collapse.
I just see the Yotes similar to the Predators. Solid goaltending, stacked at defense, and lacking offensive fire power to make a deep playoff run. Nashville eventually lost Suter to free-agency and almost lost Weber. Imagine the package Nashville could have received if they'd traded Suter 2 seasons ago. They could've had a nice young forward or 2.

Yandle is already handsomely paid. Next up is OEL, then Runblad and Gormley. All while the offense remains stagnant. They need life in that offense. Doan can't do it on his own.

That is unless management is ok with just making the playoffs and hopefully winning a round.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:26 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Sure, when one of Gormley, Rundblad, or Murphy pans out and actually is ready to take a spot then a deal can be made. Trading #1 and #2 d now for future forward help is a horrible horrible idea when the entire plan could collapse.
So (theoretically), having 6 potential All-Stars on the back end is a bad thing? But I do agree that they should (and will wait) before deciding to trade any of the D. It's a luxury that the Coyotes have the ability to not rush any of those D-man. The real problem is that Schlemko and Summers have competition, but aren't waiver exempt, not KY,OEL, or BG.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I just see the Yotes similar to the Predators. Solid goaltending, stacked at defense, and lacking offensive fire power to make a deep playoff run. Nashville eventually lost Suter to free-agency and almost lost Weber. Imagine the package Nashville could have received if they'd traded Suter 2 seasons ago. They could've had a nice young forward or 2.

Yandle is already handsomely paid. Next up is OEL, then Runblad and Gormley. All while the offense remains stagnant. They need life in that offense. Doan can't do it on his own.

That is unless management is ok with just making the playoffs and hopefully winning a round.
It's a little premature to worry about losing Yandle to free agency. The team did quite well last season and made it to the Western Conference Finals, so I don't see your point. The roster is actually better than the roster they had this time last year. The 'Yotes do have Vrbata and expect bigger things from Boedker and Vermette. Korpikoski does need a center to play with and it might be Moss. As long as the Coyotes can out play the opposition on every line, there should be no problems with repeating what they accomplished last season.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:21 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Dude is 22. No, he is not in the Norris trophy conversation yet but his development point towards him being there within not too many years.

And the Coyotes don't need a winger, we need a center. Yakupov, Hall or Eberle doesn't fill a hole, they just make a position we're not bad off in better. RNH, however, DO fill a hole because the Coyotes need good top six centers(and yes, that rules out Gagner).
Well, there isn't really any generational young talent on D at this juncture of the NHL, nothing the ilk of Eddie Shore, Bobby Orr, Denis Potvin, etc. But in terms of what there is right now, OEL is as close to anyone to that level.

If you don't like the deals offered here by the Yotes fans, feel free to try to pry loose one of Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, and see what it would take to get them, and we wish you great luck. I highly doubt you are going to see any one of those going for less than what we proposed here either. One of Hall/Eberle/Yak is simply not enough to get it done with a franchise D-man, period....

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:23 PM
cobra427

Quote:

They made it to the WCF last year with a simple formula, great goal tending, defense first, and offensive play from turnovers. I don't expect that formula to change. Yes, they want more offense but not at the expense of over paying for a forward. Why would they do that? D men carry more value then forwards. The oilers have some talented young forwards which looks great on paper offensively but defense wins in the playoffs. The coyotes can be patient and wait for the right deal to come along. GMDM has proven to be a very sage deal maker.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Dude is 22. No, he is not in the Norris trophy conversation yet but his development point towards him being there within not too many years.

And the Coyotes don't need a winger, we need a center. Yakupov, Hall or Eberle doesn't fill a hole, they just make a position we're not bad off in better. RNH, however, DO fill a hole because the Coyotes need good top six centers(and yes, that rules out Gagner).
Well, there isn't really any generational young talent on D at this juncture of the NHL, nothing the ilk of Eddie Shore, Bobby Orr, Denis Potvin, etc. But in terms of what there is right now, OEL is as close to anyone to that level.

If you don't like the deals offered here by the Yotes fans, feel free to try to pry loose one of Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, and see what it would take to get them, and we wish you great luck. I highly doubt you are going to see any one of those going for less than what we proposed here either. One of Hall/Eberle/Yak is simply not enough to get it done with a franchise D-man, period....

Old
01-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
lol, PHX would fire their GM if they traded OEL for Yak.
You mean the NHL would fire him?

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:03 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Phoenix won the Pacific Division last year and a couple of playoff rounds. Most pundits didn't have them even making the playoffs.

Maloney will deal from a position of strength on his timeline. He could have moved Yandle at the draft for Gagner and MPS and he declined. Had he been willing to sign in Phoenix you can bet(speculation on my behalf) that Phoenix would have tried dealing Yandle for Staal instead of settling for bringing back Michalek. I believe you can assume that the two franchises were working on a larger deal before coming to terms on the deal that they ended up consummating.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:57 PM
SDig14

The only guy I could see the Oilers trading is Yak, and it's only because there is less attachment because he hasn't played yet.

The Oilers won't trade Hall or Eberle, pretty simple. They mean too much to the team, fans, franchise overall, and they're pretty good players as a bonus.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
The only guy I could see the Oilers trading is Yak, and it's only because there is less attachment because he hasn't played yet.

The Oilers won't trade Hall or Eberle, pretty simple. They mean too much to the team, fans, franchise overall, and they're pretty good players as a bonus.
I agree. Also the same philosophy on Maloney's reluctance to consider dealing OEL. Yakupovs perceived selfish play at the WJC will hurt his trade value. The fact that Oiler fans are even willing to discuss moving him is a sign that it has

Old
01-02-2013, 11:35 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I agree. Also the same philosophy on Maloney's reluctance to consider dealing OEL. Yakupovs perceived selfish play at the WJC will hurt his trade value. The fact that Oiler fans are even willing to discuss moving him is a sign that it has
Well, prior to these 5 games he was scoring at a fine pace against pros, so I don't think many true Oiler fans are willing to trade him for a perceived lower value.

That being said, any true Oiler fan knows we need a lot of help down the middle and on the back end. We are pretty high on Schultz and Klefbom, but could use a proven defender.

Phoenix would be insane to deal OEL. It makes as much sense as trading Hall, RNH, or Eberle, maybe even less so.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:07 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Well, prior to these 5 games he was scoring at a fine pace against pros, so I don't think many true Oiler fans are willing to trade him for a perceived lower value.

That being said, any true Oiler fan knows we need a lot of help down the middle and on the back end. We are pretty high on Schultz and Klefbom, but could use a proven defender.

Phoenix would be insane to deal OEL. It makes as much sense as trading Hall, RNH, or Eberle, maybe even less so.
Yak upon is still a top notch prospect. I'm just saying that we can expect more trade proposals by Oiler fans that include Yakupov. I don't think he's as "untouchable" in Oiler fan eyes as he once may have been.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:23 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
It's a little premature to worry about losing Yandle to free agency. The team did quite well last season and made it to the Western Conference Finals, so I don't see your point. The roster is actually better than the roster they had this time last year. The 'Yotes do have Vrbata and expect bigger things from Boedker and Vermette. Korpikoski does need a center to play with and it might be Moss. As long as the Coyotes can out play the opposition on every line, there should be no problems with repeating what they accomplished last season.
So it all relies upon Boedker, Vermette and Moss, good luck with that.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:28 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
The reason why Oiler fans are willing to talk about moving him is because they already have Hall, RNH, and Eberle. They love these three and Yak is the new kid so if you are going to move one it is going to be Yak.

Lets also remember how busy Yak has been since last year.
He finished off the season and then had multiple interview for the draft flying to different cities
Went to the draft clinic where he got evaluated
Went to the draft
Flew to EDM to meet the city
Flew back to Russia
Flew back to EDM for the rookies camp
Flew back to Russia to prepare for the KHL
Played 20 Games in the KHL
Played in the Subway Series
Flew back to Russia for the WJC

Take a look the kid has not stopped in about 18 months, think he is not a bit tired.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:53 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
So it all relies upon Boedker, Vermette and Moss, good luck with that.
What relies on those three? Our offense? Or simply making up for the loss of Whitney?

If it's the former, I'm sure you know you are being ridiculous. If it's the latter, you haven't really thought about it enough. We've made several moves that should help soften that blow. Not just "Boedker, Vermette, and Moss", but thanks for the good luck wish.

01-03-2013, 06:34 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
What relies on those three? Our offense? Or simply making up for the loss of Whitney?

If it's the former, I'm sure you know you are being ridiculous. If it's the latter, you haven't really thought about it enough. We've made several moves that should help soften that blow. Not just "Boedker, Vermette, and Moss", but thanks for the good luck wish.
It's one of those condescending responses that doesn't make any sense. Hockey fans outside of the 'Yotes followers don't get "Coyote Hockey".

Coyote Hockey:
Part of their offense is a total defense (and that includes forwards) that creates offensive opportunities, Also the philosophy of '"as good as your weakest link" and all of it is based on each line, not per person (except what each person means to those individual lines). Hanzal & Doan are great examples of forwards who can create offensive opportunities that doesn't translate in stats. It also doesn't mean that the Coyotes don't have players that can create their own offensive opportunities.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:18 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
The reason why Oiler fans are willing to talk about moving him is because they already have Hall, RNH, and Eberle. They love these three and Yak is the new kid so if you are going to move one it is going to be Yak.

Lets also remember how busy Yak has been since last year.
He finished off the season and then had multiple interview for the draft flying to different cities
Went to the draft clinic where he got evaluated
Went to the draft
Flew to EDM to meet the city
Flew back to Russia
Flew back to EDM for the rookies camp
Flew back to Russia to prepare for the KHL
Played 20 Games in the KHL
Played in the Subway Series
Flew back to Russia for the WJC

Take a look the kid has not stopped in about 18 months, think he is not a bit tired.
So your contention is fatigue justifies selfish behavior on the ice? I'm not sure I buy that.

He's an elite prospect for sure but he's not yet a finished product. His ability to fit into a team system is being questioned. It's something that I'm sure a good coaching staff can work with him on.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
It's one of those condescending responses that doesn't make any sense. Hockey fans outside of the 'Yotes followers don't get "Coyote Hockey".

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:54 PM
SephF
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Please don't listen to the 14 year old, knee jerk reaction, what have you done for me lately HF crowd please. No one in their right mind would consider that this early.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:09 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Please don't listen to the 14 year old, knee jerk reaction, what have you done for me lately HF crowd please. No one in their right mind would consider that this early.
You are correct. I did not word that response as well as I could have. Yakupov is not likely to be dealt. He just isn't as shiny and new as he was a few months ago though.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Puritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
So you don't want to answer my question then Martini?

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:31 AM
letowskie

Quote:
Is the Yotes plan to stock up on dmen and play that card into the playoffs?

OEL
Yandle
Gormley

With little to no top end talent at forward position. A trade must be made for offensive help.
So what are you offering?

Krejci ?

Old
01-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
And Edmonton fans have a hard-on for their own players.

For good reason. If you actually watched him, you'd know why. He's a #1 on a team with Yandle, Michalek, etc. and guys like Gormley and Rundblad coming up. And he's probably a top 5 defender in the Western Conference (Weber, Suter, Doughty, Pietr, OEL), all while only being 21.

It'd take RNH+ to get the Coyotes to even listen.
Edler? Hamhuis?

:'(

I agree though that he is way to valuable, him being that good at 21 would take atleast RNH. Although you would have to think that Hall or Eberle + (If the plus is pretty significant) would get them thinking.

But if I am the GM of the Yotes it is RNH or bust, and even then I'm not 100% sure I do it.

Last edited by Sergei Shirokov: 01-04-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:20 AM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
You are correct. I did not word that response as well as I could have. Yakupov is not likely to be dealt. He just isn't as shiny and new as he was a few months ago though.
all #1 draft picks are shiny and new on draft day, but it's like when you buy something shiny and new for yourself, after a while the thrill wears off. in Yaks case, he didn't dominate the world juniors tournament so it seems suddenly some think he not going to be that great of a player. really, one tournament can't be used to judge a very young player for the long term, but unfortunately some will.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
all #1 draft picks are shiny and new on draft day, but it's like when you buy something shiny and new for yourself, after a while the thrill wears off. in Yaks case, he didn't dominate the world juniors tournament so it seems suddenly some think he not going to be that great of a player. really, one tournament can't be used to judge a very young player for the long term, but unfortunately some will.
It happens to the Canadian goaltenders at the WJC every year they don't win gold. This year it's Subban. Last year it was Visentin. Both top notch goaltending prospects.