HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dmitri Kalinin

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Thrasherfan

vCash: 500
Dmitri Kalinin

How good is this guy? I've never actually seen him play but watched his minutes last year reach 26-30 some nites. Is he the Sabres top defensive D-man now that Warrener is gone? Who would you compare him to and can he break out into a true top pair defenseman?

Old
09-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherfan
How good is this guy? I've never actually seen him play but watched his minutes last year reach 26-30 some nites. Is he the Sabres top defensive D-man now that Warrener is gone? Who would you compare him to and can he break out into a true top pair defenseman?
I'll be honest with you. I'm really high on Kalinin and think he rebounded wonderfully last year after a drop off sophmore year. He has great endurance and can log considerable ice time. Currently, he plays with Zhitnik in our top pair, and I think in a couple years he will probably be capable of playing top 3 on almost any team in the league.

He's got a balance of offense and defense. Last year I think he scored something like 7 goals, and I could see him scoring about 10 a year.

He's a hard player to compare to another though. I really can't think of a good comparison, but I am sure that someone else will be able to provide you with one of those.

Old
09-21-2003, 03:27 PM
future consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
I'll be honest with you. I'm really high on Kalinin and think he rebounded wonderfully last year after a drop off sophmore year. He has great endure and can log considerable ice time. Currently, he plays with Zhitnik in our top pair, and I think in a couple years he will probably be capable of playing top 3 on almost any team in the league.

He's got a balance of offense and defense. Last year I think he scored something like 7 goals, and I could see him scoring about 10 a year.

He's a hard player to compare to another though. I really can't think of a good comparison, but I am sure that someone else will be able to provide you with one of those.
I think he compares to Norstrom in LA but with more offense. I'm also very high on him and believes he will be a #1 d-man in a few years.

Old
09-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
I like Kalinin a lot. Hard worker, good two-way defenseman. He might see 26-30 minutes in a few more games this year than last, especially if McKee goes unsigned. Kalinin is solid.

Old
09-21-2003, 08:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to 1970
I agree with all of you.

Kalinin has played better and better each year. I think this season he could breakout and be a real force on defense. I am really high on him too.

Closed Thread