Notices

Dallas Stars minor league system well-stocked with young talent

Old
12-29-2012, 11:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Dallas Stars minor league system well-stocked with young talent

Another season, another bench boss in Cedar Park, Texas, where the Dallas Stars top minor league affiliate hones its skills and patiently waits. On their third coach in as many seasons, some of the more seasoned Stars have seen a number of different looks, schemes, and systems while a talented group of rookies is learning the professional game for the first time. Past the quarter pole, the Stars seem more than competent. They stand second in the division and fifth in the tight Western Conference.

Former Dallas associate coach, Willie Desjardins, has brought a more defensive-minded scheme to the young Stars and is demanding a lot from his defensemen and centers especially.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:44 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
HF really seems to be pumping out material this year.

All the reasons I'm scared Dallas will expose him to waivers and lose him for nothing:

Quote:
Sceviour is an industrious player that finds himself in all situations at multiple positions. His versatility cannot be overstated and he is valuable utility player for coach Desjardins. His clean and efficient style has been utilized in a top-six role this season and he is a more-than-competent defensive conscience to a scoring line.
I'd really hate to see them lose a valuable depth piece because of overpaid Bottom 6 guys in Morrow, Fiddler, and Nystrom.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
HF really seems to be pumping out material this year.

All the reasons I'm scared Dallas will expose him to waivers and lose him for nothing:

I'd really hate to see them lose a valuable depth piece because of overpaid Bottom 6 guys in Morrow, Fiddler, and Nystrom.
He'll be the next Stu Barnes role player for us. Not going anywhere.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:37 PM
TrillMike

vCash: 500
Nice write up. I'm really impressed with Oleksiak's game. I think the extra time in the AHL will end up being very beneficial for Dillon.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote