HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Sergei Mozyakin is a beast

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2013, 03:51 AM
  #1
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 5,287
vCash: 500
Sergei Mozyakin is a beast

That is all.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:15 AM
  #2
NutCracker
Registered User
 
NutCracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Malkin is a beast. That is all

NutCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:25 AM
  #3
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 3,084
vCash: 500
no, he is only a human.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:47 AM
  #4
VladNYC*
 
VladNYC*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 500
Sergei Mozyakin is and has always been one of the most underrated hockey players in the world. No one ever talks about him because he has always never given two ****s about the NHL.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 07:28 AM
  #5
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
Yeah, I kinda don't get all this recent Mozyakin hype. It's not like this is eye-opening breakout season, we're talking about 31 year old player who has once scored 37 goals and 76 points in the RSL and was pretty much always considered 2nd best forward in the KHL. As far as I'm concerned he only comes as advertised - great offensive player, unbelievable far and away the best shot in the league, not much of a physical force or a dirty area player.

Considering all this it's only natural that he'll improve his personal bests for goals and points while playing with Malkin and Kulyomin all season long.

Frankly, to this day I wonder if he would make it to the NHL. I think it would be the same case as Zherdev, Radulov, Zuccarello, Omark and so on.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 09:46 AM
  #6
Acallabeth
Registered User
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Near an airfield
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 8,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Sergei Mozyakin is and has always been one of the most underrated hockey players in the world. No one ever talks about him because he has always never given two ****s about the NHL.
Maybe it would be a different story if he played better in the World Championships. 5 goals in 21 career WHC games isn't a great accomplishment, and while we can argue that he didn't always have a lot of playing time, he plays on the most loaded position in Team Russia.

Quote:
Frankly, to this day I wonder if he would make it to the NHL. I think it would be the same case as Zherdev, Radulov, Zuccarello, Omark and so on.
All different stories.
Mozyakin needs to play the 1st line with great playmaker to be what he is regarded as nowdays, hard to imagine an NHL team giving him that role, but if someone did, well, it would have been fun.

Acallabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 09:51 AM
  #7
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Maybe it would be a different story if he played better in the World Championships. 5 goals in 21 career WHC games isn't a great accomplishment, and while we can argue that he didn't always have a lot of playing time, he plays on the most loaded position in Team Russia.


All different stories.
Mozyakin needs to play the 1st line with great playmaker to be what he is regarded as nowdays, hard to imagine an NHL team giving him that role, but if someone did, well, it would have been fun.
I think Pitt should give it a try as a way to entice Malkin to stay...I've always had a belief that once Malkin's contract is up in 2014, then Magnitka will throw a Tsar's ransom at him to entice him back home. Malkin at this point can take or leave the NHL, more likely to return to Russia than say Ovechkin or Kovolchuk. That's my take anyway.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 10:19 AM
  #8
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
All different stories.
I meant they all have enough talent to be in the NHL but neither of them is. They are the same in that sense.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
  #9
Chukcha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mongolian steppes
Country: Mongolia
Posts: 1,351
vCash: 500
Can pens acquire him to unite with Malkin and Neal?

Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:37 PM
  #10
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Mozyakin would be ok in NHL.

Not much in defensive zone, but he would get his points.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:44 AM
  #11
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Interesting stat, his shooting % is just about twice as good as Malkin's... And Malkin managed to fire 80 more shots, even about 5 less games played.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 12:36 PM
  #12
ranndino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Country: Latvia
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ranndino
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
I meant they all have enough talent to be in the NHL but neither of them is. They are the same in that sense.
The problem with the NHL is that it's a bit of an in-the-box thinking league. Zuc finally got his chance to not only play in the NHL, but be a top line player and look what he did this season. Led the Rangers in scoring! So much for all that too small for the NHL BS. I remember seeing him in the worlds for the first time and thought he was a brilliant little player. I said back then that some NHL team should really give him a chance. The Rangers did, but then he wasn't used properly by that old school bonehead Tortorella. Once they got a coach with a brain who understands how to use the talent he has at his disposal Zucarello blossomed.

I've watched this season's KHL playoffs and Mozyakin is an an incredible player. There's no doubt in my mind that he would be one of the top scorers and a star on just about any NHL club. Certainly on one of the second tier ones like Columbus, that incidentally owns his rights.

What I would really like to see (as in the ultimate dream) is for some club that's currently struggling to score to really think outside the box & try to get the whole to Magnitka line of Mozyakin - Kovar - Zaripov. They're just been destroying the KHL both in the regular season & the playoffs. Absolutely incredible to watch. Elite level skill in terms of skating, passing, vision, etc. Some people mention that they may not be strong defensively, but believe me they don't have to be because they spend every shift cycling in the offensive zone with the opposition praying that they may get a touch on the puck. They're also amazing in transition.

ranndino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 02:42 PM
  #13
tohaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranndino View Post
The problem with the NHL is that it's a bit of an in-the-box thinking league. Zuc finally got his chance to not only play in the NHL, but be a top line player and look what he did this season. Led the Rangers in scoring! So much for all that too small for the NHL BS. I remember seeing him in the worlds for the first time and thought he was a brilliant little player. I said back then that some NHL team should really give him a chance. The Rangers did, but then he wasn't used properly by that old school bonehead Tortorella. Once they got a coach with a brain who understands how to use the talent he has at his disposal Zucarello blossomed.

I've watched this season's KHL playoffs and Mozyakin is an an incredible player. There's no doubt in my mind that he would be one of the top scorers and a star on just about any NHL club. Certainly on one of the second tier ones like Columbus, that incidentally owns his rights.

What I would really like to see (as in the ultimate dream) is for some club that's currently struggling to score to really think outside the box & try to get the whole to Magnitka line of Mozyakin - Kovar - Zaripov. They're just been destroying the KHL both in the regular season & the playoffs. Absolutely incredible to watch. Elite level skill in terms of skating, passing, vision, etc. Some people mention that they may not be strong defensively, but believe me they don't have to be because they spend every shift cycling in the offensive zone with the opposition praying that they may get a touch on the puck. They're also amazing in transition.
He's 32 or 33 years old, no one owns his rights anymore, but even then, he's a bit too old to make the jump I would think.

tohaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 01:43 AM
  #14
maclean
Registered User
 
maclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB3025 View Post
Mozyakin indeed is beasting, but we all knew how good he is, he's been pretty consistent through his career and khl. This is not even his best regular season lol. But this time he's phenomenal in play offs also, he's been pretty good before, but nothing insane.

That would be pretty sad if he doesn't win cup this year after doing all this by himself(and his line ofc) because of his team mates and kitty in between posts
Not to bring it off topic but I don't think any team should win a cup just because of one player, it's much more satisfying when it is a team effort

maclean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 01:57 AM
  #15
Den
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockholm
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,037
vCash: 500
When Mozyakin goes Kovy in a final of a major international tourney, I'd say he is the beastiest.

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 12:29 PM
  #16
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
When Mozyakin goes Kovy in a final of a major international tourney, I'd say he is the beastiest.
IF he goes Kovy. I wish him that, but I will still wait with the parade until after the WC.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 08:02 AM
  #17
Voltron51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Maybe it would be a different story if he played better in the World Championships. 5 goals in 21 career WHC games isn't a great accomplishment, and while we can argue that he didn't always have a lot of playing time, he plays on the most loaded position in Team Russia.


All different stories.
Mozyakin needs to play the 1st line with great playmaker to be what he is regarded as nowdays, hard to imagine an NHL team giving him that role, but if someone did, well, it would have been fun.
I would like to see mozyakin play with the pens along side Malkin , it would be fun to watch them with Crosby on the power play ..

Voltron51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 07:04 AM
  #18
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
IF he goes Kovy. I wish him that, but I will still wait with the parade until after the WC.
And here we go. That "star" for internal use is out of the picture for me forever. If he's "tired" to play for the NT, let MMG fans go crazy about him.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2015, 08:33 PM
  #19
CalgaryLeaf*
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calgary,Alberta
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Good article from Larionov who said;

"In Russia right now, there are four or five Datsyuks playing in the KHL who never got their chance. Sergei Mozyakin led the KHL in scoring last season and was in the scoring race for most of his 20s. But heís 33 now and nobody in America has ever heard of him. Why? Most North American coaches donít have the patience for his style of play."

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/mir...hockey-russia/

CalgaryLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2015, 06:54 AM
  #20
Dueling Banjos
Registered User
 
Dueling Banjos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,378
vCash: 250
Creative hockey, had privilege to see him play in person.

Great article (and videos) indeed, that's what i love about KHL. i am afraid Mozyakin would be destroyed in NHL, physically.

Dueling Banjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
  #21
ranndino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Country: Latvia
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ranndino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos View Post
Creative hockey, had privilege to see him play in person.

Great article (and videos) indeed, that's what i love about KHL. i am afraid Mozyakin would be destroyed in NHL, physically.
That's what people were saying about Paul Kariya, Martin St. Louis and any other highly skilled small player before they played their first game in the NHL. They seemed to do OK

ranndino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2016, 02:35 PM
  #22
Siberian
Registered User
 
Siberian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Saint Pierre
Country: France
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Mozyakin - Best sniper in KHL, underrated

Is there a more precise, quick release in the KHL? He was such an underrated player for his whole career it makes me sad. He was bashed by some coaches, he was blamed that he has no speed and every year he worked hard and proved everyone wrong by helping his teams win. He will be missed when he retires, which will be soon I think.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2016, 02:53 PM
  #23
Hzzz
Registered User
 
Hzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Mozyakin is the best player in the KHL.

Hzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2016, 05:46 PM
  #24
hansomreiste
Holy Edgelord
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: İstanbul
Country: Turkey
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Well I don't know what Russians think about him in general but to me, he is a true legend. Gagarin Cup once again would be icing on the cake. KHL saw many stars but Mozyakin is the one who spent his entire career here, consistently being awesome. I hope the KHL board will not forget about him once he retires.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2016, 05:54 PM
  #25
Dueling Banjos
Registered User
 
Dueling Banjos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,378
vCash: 250
He is truly spectacular, 512 points in 427 games. Unanswered question will always remain, how would he do in NHL?....we ll never know unfortunately but that's ok, we don't need to, he is in class of his own. Consistency is the word and we are talking 1.20 ppg.

Dueling Banjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.