HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Jokerit Helsinki Jersey [MOD WARNING POST #22]

Old
07-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Nuge93
Stuck in a "Rebuild"

vCash: 490
Jokerit Helsinki Jersey [MOD WARNING POST #22]

Looking for a Jokerit Helsinki Jersey, preferably a Teuvo Teravainen one. Looked around and couldn't find one. Hoping some of you guys might know

Thank you!

Last edited by Lapa: 08-01-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Nuge93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Lui One Hall

vCash: 500
http://www.jokerit.com/shop/index.php > pelipaidat

Everything's in Finnish so I'd just contact them via email for instructions.

jokerit@hartwall-areena.com

They do ship overseas but only for advance payment.

Last edited by Lui One Hall: 07-27-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Lui One Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 08:51 PM
turk96

Speaking of Hartwell, I'm coming over from the States to see Jokerit play in November. Is there a shop on site at the arena that sells authentic jerseys? Or one in town?

turk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Periwinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk96 View Post
Speaking of Hartwell, I'm coming over from the States to see Jokerit play in November. Is there a shop on site at the arena that sells authentic jerseys? Or one in town?
There is a shop at the arena. Everything's a little up in the air with this being the first KHL year, but I can't see why they'd close the shop no matter what.

Periwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 03:09 AM
JaSa

Yep, there is a store at Hartwall Arena and actually they're renovating the Arena at the moment. According to a post at Jokerit.com (19.6.-14) a whole new store will be opened in august. I'm not sure but I believe that the new store will be accesible outside game times too.

JaSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 10:45 AM
turk96

Will be there for the November 12th game vs. Minsk, so hopefully things will be in order by then. Is that also the case with HIFK? And do they sell authentic jerseys to fans in Finland? I was told Sweden does not.

Old
07-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Kennel

Quote:
Will be there for the November 12th game vs. Minsk, so hopefully things will be in order by then. Is that also the case with HIFK? And do they sell authentic jerseys to fans in Finland? I was told Sweden does not.
Finns generally prefer cheaper, lower quality stuff (~50€ vs ~200€) so authentic jersey stocks are often small and might run out during the season. It's probably a good idea to contact them a while before your trip and ask if they have the preferred items on stock.

Kennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 04:53 PM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennel View Post
Finns generally prefer cheaper, lower quality stuff (~50€ vs ~200€) so authentic jersey stocks are often small and might run out during the season. It's probably a good idea to contact them a while before your trip and ask if they have the preferred items on stock.
Aint the 200€ jerseys game worn? I bought Karalahti jersey from the arena last year. It cost 70€ and it looks and feels just like real jersey. Has even the same adds ect.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Lui One Hall

Quote:
IFK does sell authentic jerseys and they are pretty popular.

Game worn
Game issued

Once again, everything's in Finnish but if you have any questions you should just contact them via email.

myynti@ksbsport.com

That's the official IFK store.

Old
07-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Lui One Hall

There's just no market for expensive, authentic jerseys here in Finland and very few people wear a jersey to games.

Old
07-30-2014, 06:28 PM
turk96

That's kind of disappointing. Given Finland is one of the very few nations where hockey is the clear favorite sport, I was expecting a virtual Nirvana of hockey jerseys and souvenirs. I hate to order a jersey ahead of time, since I've had other European or Russian jerseys take 3 months or even have customs issues. But I'll make due with those lousy fan jerseys if I must. Anyway, really looking forward to experiencing the hockey atmosphere and culture over there.

By the way, thanks for the links, but they don't seem to be working for me. Maybe a regional thing? Would love to get an IFK jersey, because those look very cool. One of my favorite European jerseys. I'll be at their game the 13th of November.

Last edited by turk96: 07-30-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old
07-30-2014, 09:49 PM
loppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lui One Hall View Post
There's just no market for expensive, authentic jerseys here in Finland and very few people wear a jersey to games.
Smart people. I like that. [mod]

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 08-01-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: OT
loppa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 11:08 PM
turk96

The authentic jerseys look better, last longer, and feel better. That's not consumerism. It's paying for quality. [mod]

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 08-01-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: OT
Old
07-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
That's kind of disappointing. Given Finland is one of the very few nations where hockey is the clear favorite sport, I was expecting a virtual Nirvana of hockey jerseys and souvenirs. I hate to order a jersey ahead of time, since I've had other European or Russian jerseys take 3 months or even have customs issues. But I'll make due with those lousy fan jerseys if I must. Anyway, really looking forward to experiencing the hockey atmosphere and culture over there.

By the way, thanks for the links, but they don't seem to be working for me. Maybe a regional thing? Would love to get an IFK jersey, because those look very cool. One of my favorite European jerseys. I'll be at their game the 13th of November.
Given that during the Jokerit glory years in the mid-nineties, their jerseys wasn't exactly the prettiest but "everyone" had it, a lot of the older fans have refused to buy any of the newer ones. Jersey design changed a lot between 1997-2012 so the fan section Eteläpääty was a mess regarding jerseys:

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 09:20 AM
turk96

Admittedly, the Jokerit jersey is pretty unusual. But that's what makes it unique. The green alternate jersey they wore last year was pretty cool. Are they planning to wear something similar this season?

Old
07-31-2014, 11:40 AM
loppa

Quote:
The authentic jerseys look better, last longer, and feel better. That's not consumerism. It's paying for quality. [mod]
No. The picture there had people without any jerseys. Get your facts straight and don't try to manipulate my words.

[mod]

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 08-01-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: OT and QEP
loppa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 01:32 PM
Periwinkle

Quote:
Admittedly, the Jokerit jersey is pretty unusual. But that's what makes it unique. The green alternate jersey they wore last year was pretty cool. Are they planning to wear something similar this season?
The green jersey was worn in the "winter classic" outdoor game against HIFK. The jersey was a homage to the club Töölön Vesa, the club that was the origin of Jokerit in 1967.

I haven't heard talk of winter classic this year, the others clubs in Liiga were quite pissed off at Jokerit for bolting off to the KHL, so I doubt there are plans to have any sort of special game including Jokerit....I don't know if KHL has those games.

I still associate Jokerit with the god-awful nineties light purple and mint green color scheme, including the silver helmets they wore (an ad for company making cutlery and pots and pans...). Very nostalgic for someone like me who was a kid/teen supporter of their chief 90's rival, TPS.

Periwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 01:47 PM
turk96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
I still associate Jokerit with the god-awful nineties light purple and mint green color scheme, including the silver helmets they wore (an ad for company making cutlery and pots and pans...). Very nostalgic for someone like me who was a kid/teen supporter of their chief 90's rival, TPS.
I have seen pics of that purple and mint monstrosity. It is hideous. But I'd buy one in a second!

Old
07-31-2014, 06:43 PM
Urbanskog
Platinum Member

Quote:
The green alternate jersey they wore last year was pretty cool. Are they planning to wear something similar this season?
They let their Facebook fans decide over the third jersey:

A vast majority voted for the red-yellow one so as it seems like, we won't see them donning the green jersey next season.

Urbanskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 06:02 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanskog View Post
They let their Facebook fans decide over the third jersey:

A vast majority voted for the red-yellow one so as it seems like, we won't see them donning the green jersey next season.
The green jersey is simply the better one of those two, is that even question of opinion.. but guess they want to be punakeltainen. Hope that we see those jerseys some time in the future for them.

Quote:
[mod] 200€ jerseys are game worn ones. 70€ Jerseys are high quality and have the same adds, Liiga mark's ect.

Heres mine that I bought from Jokerit Hifk game.

The material feels really good and it doesn't really differ much if at all from the actual hockey jersey that I have. I definitely wouldn't pay 130€ extra for difference that I hardly would be able to regonize. Maybe they should just put 200€ price tag in that for tourists.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 08-01-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: QEP
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 08:34 AM
turk96

[mod]

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
The material feels really good and it doesn't really differ much if at all from the actual hockey jersey that I have. I definitely wouldn't pay 130€ extra for difference that I hardly would be able to regonize. Maybe they should just put 200€ price tag in that for tourists.
I have a few fan jerseys from the KHL and Czech Extraliga, and while they are decent, I much prefer the authentics. Those are all dye injected, though, with no patches sewn on. Maybe the Finnish fan ones are better. I also put some of the authentics in glass frames for my rec room. So, I'll still pay more for the quality, if they are available.

Oh, and I'm with you on preferring the green jersey over the yellow/red.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 08-01-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: QEP
Old
08-01-2014, 10:16 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Enough of the consumerism vs. communism discussion - it's OT. Last and only warning. Discuss the Jokerit Helsinki Jerseys or ignore the thread. Thanks

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote