HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Draft Thread 2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2013, 02:26 PM
  #376
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,186
vCash: 500
assuming the wild, isles, sens and ourselves do not make it to the final four wouldnt we pick 17th as we ties ottawa but with less wins? is that not the tie breaker?

i like hartmann or zykov in rd 1 and 100% want Marc olivier Roy in rd 2 if he is still there(could be the steal of the draft)

we should be back to back forwards with at least 1 being a centre and hopefully at least 1 with size

forwards, a goalie and then big mean stay at home dmen should be our focus this draft

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:03 PM
  #377
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
assuming the wild, isles, sens and ourselves do not make it to the final four wouldnt we pick 17th as we ties ottawa but with less wins? is that not the tie breaker?

i like hartmann or zykov in rd 1 and 100% want Marc olivier Roy in rd 2 if he is still there(could be the steal of the draft)

we should be back to back forwards with at least 1 being a centre and hopefully at least 1 with size

forwards, a goalie and then big mean stay at home dmen should be our focus this draft
I say go Goalie with every pick, just to shut Hockeysfuture up I mean come on we have Mrazek who is a stud and Patterson who plays great for a Horrible team. you only use 2 goalies for crist sake why do we need 5 goalie prospects

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:38 PM
  #378
djdan6215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
draft

first round:
valentin zykov or ryan hartman

second round:
marc olivier roy or anthony duclair

would be very great

djdan6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:56 PM
  #379
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,117
vCash: 600
Why is there a 3 stars poll above this thread?

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:29 PM
  #380
waltdetroit
Registered User
 
waltdetroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird View Post
Given where the Wings find themselves in the standings, I think that it's most likely that Holland will find a trading partner at the draft where he can trade down for two 2nd round picks.

I would hope for something along the lines of Buchnevich, Burakowsky, and Marko Dano within rounds 2-3.
Depends where the wings total draft board is at. I think it is just as likely they trade up as down. We are reasonably stocked and if the staff identifies a difference maker that they can get by trading up, I think they'll pull the trigger. Waiting to pick BPA may or may not be the best going forward. But getting extra picks if your guy isn't there is the next best thing.

waltdetroit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
  #381
Rzombo4 prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdetroit View Post
Depends where the wings total draft board is at. I think it is just as likely they trade up as down. We are reasonably stocked and if the staff identifies a difference maker that they can get by trading up, I think they'll pull the trigger. Waiting to pick BPA may or may not be the best going forward. But getting extra picks if your guy isn't there is the next best thing.
Montreal is an interesting trade-down partner. I would prefer we trade up, but if we can't or the asking price gets too steep, I would not cry about moving down.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:35 PM
  #382
RedWingzz
#20in07
 
RedWingzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 500
Marko Dano in round 2 please. To go with Tatar, Jurco and Tvrdon.

RedWingzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:57 PM
  #383
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingzz View Post
Marko Dano in round 2 please. To go with Tatar, Jurco and Tvrdon.
would follow the recent trend. never seen him play though how good is he? would he be a steal in round 2 or just right? shooter playmaker? any info would be helpful.

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:11 AM
  #384
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesNichols14 View Post
would follow the recent trend. never seen him play though how good is he? would he be a steal in round 2 or just right? shooter playmaker? any info would be helpful.
i saw him a bit in WJC, which is not enough to evaluate, but he looked like more a shooter than a playmaker. good skater, skilled, good offensive awareness. also was gritty. he played in KHL this season.

there was a good thread about him on the prospects forum. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=869034

players who fare well in WJC tend to become hyped a lot on this site, though.

czechexpert, who has seemed over the years to be a very knowledgeable person, had a lower opinion of daňo.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:06 AM
  #385
Hendricks433
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
I would like to see us move up. We have Helm, Andersson, Emmerton, Jarnkrok, Sheahan, Ferraro(Probably a winger?), Glendening all as centers who are or should be close to playing in the NHL but most are 3rd or 4th line guys.

You have Brunner, Nyquist,Tatar, Jurco, Pulkkinen

Plus we have Dekeyser, Smith, Kindl, Lashoff, Jensen, Quine, Sproul, Ouellet, Almqvist who are playing now or should be in the next couple of years.

That is a ton of prospects with not enough room since Z, Franzen, Kronwall, Ericsson and maybe Datysuk will be around for quite awhile longer.

I think we should package a deal and move up for someone. Preferably a projected #1 center since we have depth elsewhere.

I would prefer to make a package for Burmistrov or preferably Courturier but Courterier is probably too costly. That gets us a #2 center for when Datsyuk is gone but allows them to learn and get better while he is still here.


Last edited by Hendricks433: 05-02-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:22 PM
  #386
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
I would like to see us move up. We have Helm, Andersson, Emmerton, Jarnkrok, Sheahan, Ferraro(Probably a winger?), Glendening all as centers who are or should be close to playing in the NHL but most are 3rd or 4th line guys.

You have Brunner, Nyquist,Tatar, Jurco, Pulkkinen

Plus we have Dekeyser, Smith, Kindl, Lashoff, Jensen, Quine, Sproul, Ouellet, Almqvist who are playing now or should be in the next couple of years.

That is a ton of prospects with not enough room since Z, Franzen, Kronwall, Ericsson and maybe Datysuk will be around for quite awhile longer.

I think we should package a deal and move up for someone. Preferably a projected #1 center since we have depth elsewhere.

I would prefer to make a package for Burmistrov or preferably Courturier but Courterier is probably too costly. That gets us a #2 center for when Datsyuk is gone but allows them to learn and get better while he is still here.
I love Burmistrov's game, doubt Winnipeg would trade him honestly.

If anything, Holland, move up in the draft, you have the assets.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
  #387
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,186
vCash: 500
anthony mantha pls

the kid is 6'4 and one of only three 50 goal scorers

lets go big or go home

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 06:09 AM
  #388
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
anthony mantha pls

the kid is 6'4 and one of only three 50 goal scorers

lets go big or go home
What speaks against him:
-Oldest player in the draft
-50 Goals in the QMJHL is not like 50 goals in the OHL or WHL

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 06:32 AM
  #389
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,526
vCash: 500
any swedes here seen peter cehlarik of lulea?



Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
What speaks against him:
-Oldest player in the draft
-50 Goals in the QMJHL is not like 50 goals in the OHL or WHL
from threads about mantha on prospects forum, he sounds like franzen. often described as giving inconsistent effort and lacking intensity.


differences in scoring between CHL's leagues are not very big.

WHL has a reputation for D, but highest scoring players played there this season and 2012 and 2011 and 2010. QMJHL had a reputation for offense and lack of D, but that seems not to be really true anymore.

i don't know where to find average goals per game.

120p players
WHL: 2
OHL: 0
QMJHL: 0

100p players
WHL: 5
OHL: 3
QMJHL: 4

90p players
WHL: 10
OHL: 7
QMJHL: 9

80p players
WHL: 23
OHL: 12
QMJHL: 20

that misses players who would have reached those marks if not for injury or WJC, etc.


Last edited by nik jr: 05-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.
nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:55 AM
  #390
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
What speaks against him:
-Oldest player in the draft
-50 Goals in the QMJHL is not like 50 goals in the OHL or WHL
Thats more of a rumour anymore, the WHL is just as high scoring as any place.

He might be the oldest player in the draft but if he was picked in the first round of last years draft everyone would still be thrilled by the season he had this year and would be among the top forwards for Canadas forwards last year.

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 04:54 PM
  #391
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Thats more of a rumour anymore, the WHL is just as high scoring as any place.

He might be the oldest player in the draft but if he was picked in the first round of last years draft everyone would still be thrilled by the season he had this year and would be among the top forwards for Canadas forwards last year.
True, I just don't like the consistency issues with him.

Is he going to be another Luca Caputi? Eric Tangradi?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:18 PM
  #392
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
What speaks against him:
-Oldest player in the draft
-50 Goals in the QMJHL is not like 50 goals in the OHL or WHL
The thing to really consider is, GMs today need a whole list of reasons not to take a 6'4 50 goal scorer high in the draft. People are starting to project Mantha as a late 1st round pick. That suggests to me that there are some flaws in his game big enough to scare GMs away from what would normally be a slam dunk.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 06:30 PM
  #393
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 500
I really want Wennberg.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 09:27 PM
  #394
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
I really want Wennberg.
Unfortunately, I think he'll be well gone by 17-18. I think he goes 10/11/12. I'd be shocked if he got past Nill and the Stars.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:15 PM
  #395
djdan6215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
draft

wennberg :will not be avalaible at the 18 rank ...

mantha: i am from quebec i saw her play this year ,he is big not physical,good defensively he is a scorer he shoot the puck ...in my opinion maybe a futur eric staal or thomas vanek

if the wings choose a players from the lhjmq this is my order
1-zykov
2-mantha
3-erne
4-gauthier

djdan6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 05:29 AM
  #396
djdan6215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
draft

i am a fan of the lhjmq players but this kid is very good and physical CURTIS LAZAR ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27VJuD_czWM

djdan6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 08:17 AM
  #397
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
i am a fan of the lhjmq players but this kid is very good and physical CURTIS LAZAR ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27VJuD_czWM
With Lazar's recent play, I doubt he will fall far enough for us to get him. I truly hope that we can trade up in this draft.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:37 PM
  #398
djdan6215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
draft

my question is after the wings eliminate the ducks last night and pass in the second round they keep their 17 rank at the draft or not ??

djdan6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:46 PM
  #399
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
my question is after the wings eliminate the ducks last night and pass in the second round they keep their 17 rank at the draft or not ??
Keep it as long as they don't beat the Hawks in the 2nd round.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 03:19 PM
  #400
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,117
vCash: 600
So Eklund has been speculating that Edler/Kesler may be moved at the draft & Farhan Lalji has been saying that Edler is most likely to be moved at the draft, of all the Nucks dmen.

With this in mind should we target Edler at the draft? He's on a great contract and is good for 40-50 points every season. I have no idea what it would cost to get him but I they would want Smith+Nyquist, possibly +.

If we miss our guy at 17/18 I'd offer: 17/18th overall+Tatar/Jurco+Smith/Ouellet. I'm not sure if that's enough but I'd really want to stay away from giving up Nyquist if it means not getting Edler so be it.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.