HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Hot Sauce

View Poll Results: Hot Sauce
Yes 169 82.84%
No 35 17.16%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-05-2013, 09:31 PM
D Fresh
Lost Horizons

vCash: 500
Used to buy Blairs hot sauces.
My bum asked me to stop though...
So I did.
Every morning he's the boss, and when he's in a bad mood I am too.

D Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:40 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Anyone know of a good website that has forums specifically for hot sauces ?

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 22000
Am trying hot sauce in eggs for the first time

Will report back

Its embarrassing. Im embarrassed to be here right now. Its not even funny. And its just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Its not how youre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 22000
Slightly more taste than usual

Not hot though

And why do I always get water at the bottom of my scrambled eggs regardless of how long they're in the pan?

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Brand...l-siracha.html

Quote:
Subway's Creamy Sriracha sauce is something they're testing out here in southern California. I tried it out on a Chipotle Chicken & Cheese sub (with bell peppers, provolone cheese, and onions on flatbread) and compared it to the real thing.

The sub cost me $5 since it's the Featured $5 Footlong this month and I asked for the Creamy Sriracha in substitution for the Chipotle Southwest sauce.

When they were putting together my sandwich, they put one line of sauce across the sub; it didn't look like much so I asked them to put a second line, so what you're looking at in the pictures is a double helping of Creamy Sriracha sauce.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

I got some Habanero Red Savina sauce and it's great but you have to treat it with respect.

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:24 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Slightly more taste than usual

Not hot though

And why do I always get water at the bottom of my scrambled eggs regardless of how long they're in the pan?
maybe try turning the heat up higher while cooking them ?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Alvin Tostig
Legend

Big fan of hot sauce

Alvin Tostig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
i love hot sauce and hot salsa and i love making my own salsa so with that...wtf are you talking about!? Watermelon and peppers??

I have to know how to make this...it sounds.... interesting to say the least. ive never heard of this combo before
It's great for the summer when you want that fresh bright spicy flavor. Try making a basic watermelon salsa, recipes everywhere online for those, and slowly add habaneros to it until you find the right balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
Do you cook the peppers in the oven ? Does it taste better with or without vinegar, in your opinion ?
Depends what I'm doing. Sometimes I'll bring them to a boil in water, then simmer for 20 minutes. Normally only do that when I'm using jalapenos.

If I'm using habaneros, normally don't cook those at all. They have a great floral flavor that goes great with something like watermelon. Then you just need to find a base to add with them to tone them down some.

Only pepper I'll usually roast is a red bell pepper for it's smokey flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post

I've never heard that term before.
Glad I'm not the only one.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:09 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Blair's entire product line is insane.

There's a burrito place near my house that sells Death Rain chips, and even offers it as a condiment to sprinkle on any burrito you order. In addition, there's also a shelf full of hot sauces, as well as little baggies of dried bhut jolokia peppers (a.k.a. "ghost" peppers, one of the hottest in the world). Bought a bag once, and let's just say it took a long time to get through three of them, at the rate I was using them. Potent stuff.
We actually used to have the death rain chips in our vending machine at work. They had two different versions in the machine: the yellow bag (buffalo?) which bordered between tolerable and quite hot, and the black bag which was pure evil going in and coming out.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
We actually used to have the death rain chips in our vending machine at work. They had two different versions in the machine: the yellow bag (buffalo?) which bordered between tolerable and quite hot, and the black bag which was pure evil going in and coming out.
Hot sauce is the intelligent or go #teamsheikie

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Sigh
Because skill

A question for Canadians: Where are you guys getting your sauces from? My local stores are pretty bad, so if anyone can vouch for an online shop, please let me know.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Hot Sauce is GOAT.

01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

I like hot sauce.

01-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Only on pizza.

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:54 PM
CDJ

Chipotle Tabasco might be my favorite. It is quite delicious.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:58 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
A question for Canadians: Where are you guys getting your sauces from? My local stores are pretty bad, so if anyone can vouch for an online shop, please let me know.
I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship to Canada, but Tears of Joy makes a lot of good sauces. http://www.tearsofjoysauces.com/

01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Unfortunately the selection is quite meek. I have a friend that travels back and forth between Nigeria and Canada, and gets his mom to put together a package of homemade hot chilli sauce. It's fantastic. When I don't have that to go on, I usually just try to get by on whatever I can find in grocery stores. The best places to go are smaller specialized grocery stores. I haven't tried doing anything over the net.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:10 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Made some chicken wings tonight with this garlic/pepper Thai sauce - they were very very good.....

Also went to the local grocery store, and picked up a bottle of scotch bonnet hot sauce made by some company called "Grace" ....It's made in Jamaica.....

This was the morning for me, and I tried the hot sauce out just after my morning coffee....suffice to say my pallet wasn't all there yet....It seemed very hot with hardly any taste....But about an hour later I kept dipping straws in it and tasting it.....I ended up liking it....It has a really tangy taste to it, and it also has a pretty decent heat level as well...maybe a 6 out of 10 for heat level ?

Last edited by VaporTrail: 01-09-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Frank's Red Hot all day.

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
ChillyChiles.com, out of Ottawa, good selection & very reliable. Regular store & online service.

Chiliheat.com, Abbotsford, BC, online only with very good selection.

Johnnywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Sigh
Because skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship to Canada, but Tears of Joy makes a lot of good sauces. http://www.tearsofjoysauces.com/
Thanks for that. Even if I don't order from them, it's nice to have a US based site bookmarked for comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Unfortunately the selection is quite meek. I have a friend that travels back and forth between Nigeria and Canada, and gets his mom to put together a package of homemade hot chilli sauce. It's fantastic. When I don't have that to go on, I usually just try to get by on whatever I can find in grocery stores. The best places to go are smaller specialized grocery stores. I haven't tried doing anything over the net.
Yeah, pretty awful selection locally here. There used to be a novelty shop here that had some sauces at ridiculous markup, but they shut down a year or so ago. I can't even get Habanero Tabasco here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywhite View Post
ChillyChiles.com, out of Ottawa, good selection & very reliable. Regular store & online service.

Chiliheat.com, Abbotsford, BC, online only with very good selection.
Jackpot! Thanks for posting that. I'll definitely hit Chilly Chiles up online and pay a visit in the summer sometime. That's just perfect.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Fire Julien

Quote:
I buy this one from Walmart

It only costs 2 bucks for 4 oz, tastes great and it melts your face off if you use too much of it. it looks like **** though

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:42 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
I buy this one from Walmart

It only costs 2 bucks for 4 oz, tastes great and it melts your face off if you use too much of it. it looks like **** though
I never thought of checkin' Walmart...Do you live in the States ? If they sell it here I'll have to check it out......From 1 to 10 (10 highest), what's the heat level of that stuff ?

Finally broke down, and bought the Dave's Insanity Original......I was going through the all the lower priced hot sauces ant the grocery stores, and finally coughed up the dough......$6.49 a bottle.....One website has this ranked at a 10+ for heat, lol.....Anyone ever try it ? How hot is this ? Was going to let someone at my work try it first before me and see his reaction first ....He has a higher tolerance than me so......

Old
01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
I never thought of checkin' Walmart...Do you live in the States ? If they sell it here I'll have to check it out......From 1 to 10 (10 highest), what's the heat level of that stuff ?

Finally broke down, and bought the Dave's Insanity Original......I was going through the all the lower priced hot sauces ant the grocery stores, and finally coughed up the dough......$6.49 a bottle.....One website has this ranked at a 10+ for heat, lol.....Anyone ever try it ? How hot is this ? Was going to let someone at my work try it first before me and see his reaction first ....He has a higher tolerance than me so......

If you're not big on hot sauce then take this as a serious warning. Do not use that directly as a condiment, only as an additive.

ReverendAlBundy is offline   Reply With Quote