HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

QF • Jan. 2 • Czech Republic 0, United States 7

View Poll Results: Who wins?
CZE in regulation 16 11.94%
CZE in OT/SO 20 14.93%
USA in regulation 93 69.40%
USA in OT/SO 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Seth Jones played his best game of the tourney today.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Seth Jones played his best game of the tourney today.
He was invisible.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:37 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
I voted USA in OT/SO, anyone who wants reliable information about results in the coming games?
There was a time period in the second period where it did look like the US was in a SO

Just not letting the Czechs have their turn.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Housely mixed up the lines, and it is paying off. More Troechek, Miller and Gaudreau, seems less importance on Gally and Grimaldi. Whatever the reason one can't argue it has worked. 16 goals in 2 games.
Mixed up the lines? Less importance on Gally? Of course if the Kuraly line is now the 4th line. The only line that was kept together was the Kuraly line....the most ineffective one mostly because of Kuraly who's killing almost every play. For the goals....thanks to the PP's and the opposition. We will now see how they don't need Gally for the next games....

Old
01-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I believe the refs in this one were a Canadian and a Russian.

Nooooooo wonder we had so many problems.
I think the Russian called the vast majority of the penalties. I noticed the Canadian called 2 or 3... that's all I noticed, maybe he called more I don't know. But every other time it was the other guy with his hand in the air.

Old
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
I was expecting a lot more from the Czechs.

They seemed upset.

Old
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
There was a time period in the second period where it did look like the US was in a SO

Just not letting the Czechs have their turn.
It's good we didn't let them have a turn because we might have lost the shootout.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:39 AM
Interactif

Quote:
We will need everybody to add offense tomorrow.
Actually I am a Team Canada fan, but the US team is a favorite of mine if Canada wasn't playing. Really as a fan of hockey this is what you want, you want to beat the best teams to earn the gold.

I thought prior to the tournament it would come down to the USA, CAN and RUS. Some thought the Finns and SWED, but for me these 3 teams are the best. Starting to look like it just may be.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:39 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I think the Russian called the vast majority of the penalties. I noticed the Canadian called 2 or 3... that's all I noticed, maybe he called more I don't know. But every other time it was the other guy with his hand in the air.
I think you're right that one guy seemed to consistently be making the **** calls. I don't know whether he was the Russian one or not.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
I think you're right that one guy seemed to consistently be making the **** calls. I don't know whether he was the Russian one or not.
It wasn't the Canadian making all those calls. I'd be quite comfortable with an American/Canadian tandem calling the game tomorrow. Let the N.Americans play a North American game..lets have at it and let the best team win.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:44 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Well they kept saying it was the guy that reffed in the WHL and he was the one that Housley laid into, so my guess is it was actually the Canadian ref. You know trying to prove he was an IIHF ref would be my guess, not get caught not calling anything. Reminds me of how I think the discipline gang which is run by two North Americans seem to come down harder almost like they think they are supposed to.

Old
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Mixed up the lines? Less importance on Gally? Of course if the Kuraly line is now the 4th line. The only line that was kept together was the Kuraly line....the most ineffective one mostly because of Kuraly who's killing almost every play. For the goals....thanks to the PP's and the opposition. We will now see how they don't need Gally for the next games....
After the loss to CAN and RUS, Housely starting leaning on Troechek, Miller, and Gaudreau more. Giving Troechek more mins was the key, he's impressed me at every turn these past 2 games, PK, reg shift and now some PP time. Great 3rd rd pick by Florida. He plays like Patrice Bergeron lite. Love these type of kids.

Old
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Quote:
It wasn't the Canadian making all those calls. I'd be quite comfortable with an American/Canadian tandem calling the game tomorrow. Let the N.Americans play a North American game..lets have at it and let the best team win.
Most people wouldn't think like this though, they would be in a riot if Canadian called a USA Pent and same for the other way around

Old
01-02-2013, 05:47 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Most people wouldn't think like this though, they would be in a riot if Canadian called a USA Pent and same for the other way around
Get a couple of Vityaz fans from over there allowing fighting the next game with out suspension and let the chips fall where they may. At least then when a cheap shot happens they know it is on. A guy can dream right?

Old
01-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Canadians reffed the Gold Medal game in Vancouver and I don't remember a riot.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Well they kept saying it was the guy that reffed in the WHL and he was the one that Housley laid into, so my guess is it was actually the Canadian ref. You know trying to prove he was an IIHF ref would be my guess, not get caught not calling anything. Reminds me of how I think the discipline gang which is run by two North Americans seem to come down harder almost like they think they are supposed to.
No, Hously laid into the Canadian ref because he was the only one he could understand, communication problems with the other, so venting his frustration via the canuck.
And in fairness, to Phil the great d-man, he did have a fair beef when he laid into the Canadian, because of the flurry of penalties that were assessed at that point, one of them was assessed by the Canadian ref.

I'm not saying Canadian ref was perfect, but ****** if I got to watch a penalty filled game tomorrow, I'll just turn it off.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Canadians also reffed the Canucks/Bruins game.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:55 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
No, Hously laid into the Canadian ref because he was the only one he could understand, communication problems with the other, so venting his frustration via the canuck. .
Maybe it was just Ferraro knowing guys name, but I saw quite a bit of the Canadian ref making calls. In a game with this many both refs did anyway. I don't think you can pretend only the Russian did, though I am sure you're going to continue trying. The refs are instructed to call games like this, so it will happen. Really the only time I have seen them swallow the whistles the whole tournament was USA vs. Russia in the second half the game and Russia versus Canada for decent stretches.

This whole soft European thing is played out and sometimes pushed with useless need. The ref being from North America or not doesn't matter we all hate refs, why try to pin it on that?

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 01-02-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old
01-02-2013, 05:56 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
So want to say something that will get me an infraction...

Old
01-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Rexor

This must be the dumbest Czech team ever. It's kinda sad as our game has always been based on outwitting the opponent.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Maybe it was just Ferraro knowing guys name, but I saw quite a bit of the Canadian ref making calls. In a game with this many both refs did anyway. I don't think you can pretend only the Russian did, though I am sure your going to continue trying. The refs are instructed to call games like this, so it will happen. Really the only time I have seen them swallow the whistles the whole tournament was USA vs. Russia in the second half the game and Russia versus Canada for decent stretches.
As I said, I noticed the other guy making more calls than the canuck.. That's what I noticed...if you saw differently, then we saw differently. cheers. TSN identified the Canadian ref in a stretch there where they were trying to sort out the calls, and what I noticed during the game, it was not him making the majority of the calls.
Now if TSN misidentified, confused one official for another, then I'll apologize to the ref I called incompetent. I'll track him down and send an e-mail apology.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:18 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
It would be quite surprising to me if he ever sniffs 20. 20 in the NHL is very hard to do.

Americans look comfortably in control.
Biggs IMO is the most overrated forward on the US team. Plays more like a 5th round pick.
Vesey is >>>>>>>Biggs.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:21 AM
QnebO

End result doesn't talk the same language as rosters or, for at least my, expectations. Czech should not be very bad at all. Something gone wrong!r

Old
01-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
There was no doubt in my mind the Canada would have to face the
US and Russia twice.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:24 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
There was no doubt in my mind the Canada would have to face the
US and Russia twice.
Wow that much faith in Sweden, huh? Enjoy that Bronze show down.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 01-02-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Closed Thread