HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maloney Catches Glimpse of Future

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Maloney Catches Glimpse of Future

Maloney Makes Scouting Rounds in Europe

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1491

Man, Lundquist sounds like the real deal... I can't wait to see this kid in Ranger Blue.

Old
02-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Fletch

I'm not convinced...

that he thought Tyutin stood out. He hedged a bit with saying things like for a young... and used the word 'nice' I believe. He couldn't be more emphatic with Lundqvist.

Old
02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
that he thought Tyutin stood out. He hedged a bit with saying things like for a young... and used the word 'nice' I believe. He couldn't be more emphatic with Lundqvist.
I felt the sameway when he was talking about Tyutin...the only thing im glad about is that Tyutin is playing on the top defensive pairing.

Old
02-24-2005, 06:37 AM
Mr. Lack

With Tyutin

I think you have to look at it as, he is mostly a defensive defenseman. He isn't a huge hitter but he doesn't shy away from it. He isn't Brain Leetch on offense but he has skills and can make al the passes and make some things happen.

When you put all of this together, you can maybe see why he doesn't WOW you when you see him play but that isn't a bad thing when you are talking about a 21 year old d-man. He was the rangers best d-man last year towards the end of season and he is a TOP Prospect in NHL because he just gets things done. Not much flash.

With Lundquist, I am really starting to get excited about this kid. When you dominate at a WORLD level with guys like Kovalev and Kovalchuck playing in this tournament (and a ton other players I'm sure with the lockout), it just makes you think that this kid could really be a TOP Goalie.

Now if we had only drafted Olesz instead of Montoya....I'd be happy.

Old
02-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lack
I think you have to look at it as, he is mostly a defensive defenseman. He isn't a huge hitter but he doesn't shy away from it. He isn't Brain Leetch on offense but he has skills and can make al the passes and make some things happen.

When you put all of this together, you can maybe see why he doesn't WOW you when you see him play but that isn't a bad thing when you are talking about a 21 year old d-man. He was the rangers best d-man last year towards the end of season and he is a TOP Prospect in NHL because he just gets things done. Not much flash.

With Lundquist, I am really starting to get excited about this kid. When you dominate at a WORLD level with guys like Kovalev and Kovalchuck playing in this tournament (and a ton other players I'm sure with the lockout), it just makes you think that this kid could really be a TOP Goalie.

There is really no question about what Tyutin does well. He is strong/big, skates well and can move the puck. But I belive Maloney and the org. wants to atleast see him try taking his game further.

It is kind of like the russian coaches could use Tyutin as a school book example of how they want their D to play. But STILL Tyutin seems as a long shoot to be among the 2-4 defensemens from that team that will make the WC team.

Atleast once in 3 games you want to see him move past a few guys, break the pattern, get pissed and make a hit...

Old
02-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
At the same time, Ola, you have to realize that if a d-man is out there with players like Kovalchuk, Kovalev and Kaigorodov, who are not exactly known for their 2-way play, he isn't going to have much coverage if he decides to jump into the play. Tyutin might have been playing more conservatively because he knew he could easily get trapped if the play was broken up.

Old
02-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Fletch

I don't see anywhere...

in which Tyutin's offensive abilities were spoken. Maloney was going ga-ga over his play, defensive or otherwise. He seemed pretty subdued in his assessment of Tyutin. As Balej noted, at least he was paired on a top defensive pairing, so someone notices he's up for the responsibility (on a similar not, I believe his parter was Dany Markov, hardly a top pair-type guy.

Old
02-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Levitate

i think we might be starting to read a little much into such a small blurb

Old
02-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Maloney chose the words about Tyutin carefully, you can tell.

No big deal. Like Manny...oops ...Kodiak said he's playing D out there with Kovalchuk and Kovalev, someone's gotta stay back, it's good news to hear he's getting the primo minutes which means more to me than anything this year.

Old
02-25-2005, 03:02 AM
LondonFan

"Henrik was excellent and had other scouts talking about him. He is a real asset for our organization. "

Or in other words: We'll definitely be able to trade him for a 4th rounder and a 34 yr old.

Old
02-25-2005, 05:03 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
At the same time, Ola, you have to realize that if a d-man is out there with players like Kovalchuk, Kovalev and Kaigorodov, who are not exactly known for their 2-way play, he isn't going to have much coverage if he decides to jump into the play. Tyutin might have been playing more conservatively because he knew he could easily get trapped if the play was broken up.
I did realize that he played D with Kovalchuk, Kovalev and Kaigorodov out there in a earlier post! http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...&postcount=111

However I feel that Tyutin might be a long shoot to make the Russian WC team and thats to bad because it would be a great experience for him. I just "wish" that he would have had a better tournament. On the other hand the coaches of team russia might be satisfied with his loyal play and heŽll end up on the team anyway.

Last edited by Ola: 02-25-2005 at 05:10 AM.
Old
02-25-2005, 07:40 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I felt the sameway when he was talking about Tyutin...the only thing im glad about is that Tyutin is playing on the top defensive pairing.
Is Tyutin an overated prospect? Every year it seems they talk about him and imo doesn't do much, any htoughts.

Old
02-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Is Tyutin an overated prospect? Every year it seems they talk about him and imo doesn't do much, any htoughts.
IMO no he's not overrated...but people don't really quite know what kind of defenseman he is. he was never considered an offensive defenseman till he lit up the OHL the one year he played there. then suddenly everyone considers him an offensive defenseman...then when he doesn't put up mad points, people freak.

dunno, i look at him this way...he certainly has the skill to put up points if he wants. he has the smarts and the ability to jump in at the right times and get some great scoring chances, he's a good passer and has a nice shot from the point. but he won't put up a lot of points unless he kind of makes that his priority, and it seems his coaches (in the AHL, in Russia) don't really let him off the leash much. he's counted on to stay back more than jump into the play.

from watching him in the NHL, he can definatly play and definatly do a good job...he was given more free reign in the NHL i think than the AHL and jumped into the play a lot more. he can throw nice hits, plays the boards extremely well (i was very impressed with his ability to seal off an opposing player along the boards and take the puck away) is big enough to play in front of the net and can start the rush the other way with a pass or by skating it out. still has stuff to work on of course but overall, he can do everything well

if you're expecting him to be a high scoring offensive defenseman though i think you're going to be dissapointed, cuz he's not gonna be that unless his coaches tell him to forget about playing defense and go all offense all the time, and that's not likely

Old
02-25-2005, 09:24 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
if you're expecting him to be a high scoring offensive defenseman though i think you're going to be dissapointed, cuz he's not gonna be that unless his coaches tell him to forget about playing defense and go all offense all the time, and that's not likely

Yea that is Poti's job to forget bout defense. :lol

Old
02-25-2005, 10:10 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lack

Every thing you just told the people here is stuff that has been discussed and people new already, with what type of player Tyutin is as for Lundqvist he is still a ? mark.

Closed Thread