HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part XI: The "Please make it stop" edition.

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 09:20 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Agreed, especially when Hagelin or Kreider are primed to be on the opposite flank with Boyle in the middle.

I think Torts wants vets though when you consider we're a team poised for a Cup run, so I don't think we're going to see guys like Pyatt, Asham, and Rupp moved and replaced internally buy guys in Hartford. Although I wouldn't hate that scenario at all.
BBKers in another thread said that his source had told him that Hagelin's injury is more serious than initially thought and may require surgery. None of the beat writers have picked up on that yet, but BBKers is always accurate with information on European guys (particularly guys in Sweden).

It's just pain.
Old
01-03-2013, 09:26 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
BBKers in another thread said that his source had told him that Hagelin's injury is more serious than initially thought and may require surgery. None of the beat writers have picked up on that yet, but BBKers is always accurate with information on European guys (particularly guys in Sweden).
Yeah I saw that. That sucks. I think Hagelin is a key cog for this team. In fact, I know its pure simulation, but running a season on NHL13, Ive taken Nash off the top line and put Hagelin back and its balanced out my lineup so much better having Nash on the 2nd with Stepan and Cally. Teams would have a real tough time defending those two lines.

Having the added speed on the first line getting in on pucks for Richards and Gabby is a big deal IMO. I hope its nothing serious.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:28 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Yeah, is there any update on Carl? If he's going to need surgery I hope he gets it ASAP. Would be a shame if he's out for too long after all this time.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:33 AM
nevesis

“@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Another detail emerging: NHL has upped its compliance buyout offer to 2 per team, up from 1 prior to 2013-14 season.”

Old
01-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Another detail emerging: NHL has upped its compliance buyout offer to 2 per team, up from 1 prior to 2013-14 season.
That should be enough for most teams even with 60m cap. It SEEMs just pensions and cap left. Would be pathetic to lose season

Old
01-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Shoulder injuries worry me.. Lot of moving parts.. BBKers knows his **** and that's why I'm worrying and accepting the possibility that Hagelin will be out for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Yeah I saw that. That sucks. I think Hagelin is a key cog for this team. In fact, I know its pure simulation, but running a season on NHL13, Ive taken Nash off the top line and put Hagelin back and its balanced out my lineup so much better having Nash on the 2nd with Stepan and Cally. Teams would have a real tough time defending those two lines.

Having the added speed on the first line getting in on pucks for Richards and Gabby is a big deal IMO. I hope its nothing serious.
Hagelin's visible every time he hits the ice. Either his back-checking, his speed, or his overall play. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players. What's not to like about a tenacious kid who busts his ass and creates opportunities. His speed is just sick. First few steps and he's gone.

Doesn't have the offensive tools to be a powerhouse, but he can be an incredibly valuable asset for any team that wants a forward that'll command respect from the oppositions blue-line.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Tawnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
That should be enough for most teams even with 60m cap. It SEEMs just pensions and cap left. Would be pathetic to lose season
There are conflicting reports, but I don't think they've agreed on the CBA length yet.

As for pension, I think Dreger mentioned that there will be pension experts involved in today's talks.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Levitate

Hagelin being out would be problematic, but we'll see what happens.

I feel like I read someplace that the 2 amnesty buyouts were only offered if the cap was kept at $60 mill

Old
01-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Tawnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Hagelin being out would be problematic, but we'll see what happens.

I feel like I read someplace that the 2 amnesty buyouts were only offered if the cap was kept at $60 mill
Wouldn't provide us with any breathing room if that were that case. I'd love for teams to be able to resign the guys they buy out. In that case, you'd buy out Gaborik and resign him for a few years at a lower hit. It would never happen though.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Wouldn't provide us with any breathing room if that were that case. I'd love for teams to be able to resign the guys they buy out. In that case, you'd buy out Gaborik and resign him for a few years at a lower hit. It would never happen though.
Yeah Redden is the only reasonable buyout, then they'd have to do something like buyout Boyle or Rupp and trade a few other pieces and hope they could slide Gaborik in under the radar. Thank god Drury's buyout is off the books next year

Old
01-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Yeah Redden is the only reasonable buyout, then they'd have to do something like buyout Boyle or Rupp and trade a few other pieces and hope they could slide Gaborik in under the radar. Thank god Drury's buyout is off the books next year
Tell me about it.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Redden for sure. Some will say Rupp at 1.5 is too much for a 4th liner and well they are right really. I like the guy and want him on the team but next yr at 1.5 it would be a hard pill to swallow for a 4th line guy. They could just keep him and try and do a salary deal where they eat some of it though. I heard they are going to add that to the CBA.

Man I am hoping they can keep Gaborik for his contract cause the team could do some damage with Gabby and Nash over the next few yrs

Old
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Redden for sure. Some will say Rupp at 1.5 is too much for a 4th liner and well they are right really. I like the guy and want him on the team but next yr at 1.5 it would be a hard pill to swallow for a 4th line guy. They could just keep him and try and do a salary deal where they eat some of it though. I heard they are going to add that to the CBA.

Man I am hoping they can keep Gaborik for his contract cause the team could do some damage with Gabby and Nash over the next few yrs
I think Rupp's going to show us how injured he really was last season. Guy has been a great bottom-6 player. He couldn't move though. I don't like the 1.5M contract but when he's on his game he's an asset that can do more than just play the enforcer role.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:01 AM
broadwayblue

Yeah, 2 amnesty buyouts help us less than adding even a few million to next year's cap. Hopefully in the end the league agrees to swap the 2nd buyout for a 63M cap in 2013/14.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:07 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
No need to apologize
I made the insane blunder of quoting Hockey _Insider the other day. That step in the mud deserves a general apology to everyone here!

Quote:
Right, my bad. Sorry, BBK.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

Like I said before I think Sather will try to do everything possible to keep Gaborik. Having him, Richards, and Nash for at least another year together was certainly part of the plan to try to build a contender that has a couple shots at the cup at least.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:18 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Like I said before I think Sather will try to do everything possible to keep Gaborik. Having him, Richards, and Nash for at least another year together was certainly part of the plan to try to build a contender that has a couple shots at the cup at least.
Yeah I cant see how you can just give up on a 40 goal scorer so easily. That would be a huge hole in this team no matter how you cut it. For a team that has had trouble scoring for what seems like centuries now, it wouldnt make sense to move your top goal producer.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:28 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
A couple of encouraging details: #NHL has agreed to two compliance buyouts/team in 2013-14; and variance on contracts in 20% range now
https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/st...52208551686144

Looks like the same lousy stipulation regarding 2003-14.

Arthur Staple

Quote:
4) #NYR could add Gaborik to Redden on the buyout list -- big savings (14m) w/ both. Redden's a goner for sure, but he's in a tough spot...
Quote:
Redden's best option may be to void his deal now and become a FA. Won't have played much past 2 years going into summer buyout.
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday

The Rangers can trade Gaborik if they want to.

The Rangers aren't playing Redden

Quote:
Ironically, “The Wade Redden Rule” would harm Redden himself if adopted as written. An amnesty buyout would allow the 35-year-old to sign with another team as a free agent. But denied that opportunity (there is no amnesty buyout provision in the NHL’s proposal), Redden will be consigned to the AHL for the next two seasons while the Rangers operate with $6.5 million of dead cap space. They are not adding him to the roster.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...TunNVQ9lZXudCI

The NHL proposal has players making above the $625,000 minimum salary counting against the cap. The difference between the cap hit and the minimum salary. $5.875M. The Rangers will have a $64.325M cap in 2013.

Redden will have to break his contract and become a free agent or he gets bought out in June.

Quote:
Because I can't see Redden getting any AHL minutes this season w/risk of injury. He'll be hitting market at 36 with 2 inactive years.
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...70819316060160

They will pay him to stay at home until June.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 01-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old
01-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Levitate

Rangers aren't going to buyout Gaborik, jesus christ

Old
01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Yeah, but it's good press. lol

Old
01-03-2013, 10:57 AM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Exactly. McDonagh is due for a big raise this summer. Might as well pre-emptively buy him out.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:10 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Nick Kypreos is reporting the big market teams are battling the small market teams over the 2013-14 cap. Kyper said the 13-14 cap is the factor standing in the way of getting a deal done today.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Exactly. McDonagh is due for a big raise this summer. Might as well pre-emptively buy him out.
Chad Johnson's going to replace Lundqvist, so we can save a lot of money right there by buying out/trading Henrik. But we're going to need the funds to sign Vinny L for our third-line center spot. And Scott Gomez as the #2 third line center. FFS, Prospals coming back as well. Needz moar monies.

I'm confused. Blow it up. Trade everyone and playthekidsnow

Old
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Sportsnet is sending Daren Millard to Manhattan. They expect a deal.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Nick Kypreos is reporting the big market teams are battling the small market teams over the 2013-14 cap. Kyper said the 13-14 cap is the factor standing in the way of getting a deal done today.
This is ****ing awesome news.

Closed Thread