HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread III (It's RGIII's Playground)

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2012, 03:43 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
2012 Redskins Thread III (It's RGIII's Playground)

Moar Moar!

Previous: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1179777

10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Thank you for a positive reboot.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:29 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Thank you for a positive reboot.
I haven't watched redskins games live on TV in years and RGIII is forcing me to watch live. This deserves some positive pixels .

Old
10-02-2012, 08:40 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
I haven't watched redskins games live on TV in years and RGIII is forcing me to watch live. This deserves some positive pixels .
Shouldn't that make you hate him, or something?

Old
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
I hope Shanahan keeps increasing his trust in RGIII and realizes, he is the key to a successful mission here in Washington. He doesnt need standout special teams, great DB's, the best kicker. He just needs to free III and flat out let the kid try and win games for us. Sure he will take his lumps, but the vets do too. Brees... Romo

Don't play to not lose, follow the lead of NE and modern teams playoff QBs passing for 5K yds; the realization its an aggressive offense mostly QB led passing league now. Play to win.

Thanks for a good thread title, Barney.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I'm pretty pleased overall with Kyle and the offense so far this year. They haven't been predictable; the offense has been pretty dynamic, actually. Much of that is due to RG3, but I feel like the Shanahans are using him well.

10-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I'm pretty pleased overall with Kyle and the offense so far this year. They haven't been predictable; the offense has been pretty dynamic, actually. Much of that is due to RG3, but I feel like the Shanahans are using him well.
Stats-wise and in points scored the offense looks great, but the issue I have is how come in two of the four games (St. Louis & Tampa) the offense only managed one score in the second half?

In each case, a solid Redskins halftime lead disappeared. Granted the awful defense was responsible for allowing the points scored, but this supposed fantastic offense was held in check by two very mediocre teams/defenses. It's like the opposition made adjustments at the half and the Redskins couldn't adapt.

Lucky for the Redskins, Tampa put in their prevent (in their case win-preventing) defense on that final drive and let the Redskins march right down the field and they were able to (finally) kick a FG to escape with a win.

This weekend will be a good test as it's the first really decent team the Redskins have played. They'll need to be a lot better.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

It's not like the Rams and Bucs have horrible D's. They're ranked in the top 1/2 of the league in many defensive categories, better than some perennially great D's but yes, I'd love a more consistant offense.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

I continue to point at two clear examples when our offense was rolling, and we called off the dogs.

Bengals 3rd quarter our O dominating III unstoppable, and then line up to go 4th and 1. Cinn calls timeout, Shanny goes against his initial decision to go for it, and decides to punt. And then to review the punt. Net 15 and lost a timeout. Double Fail. We didn't score after that, and of course lost the game.

Tampa end of the 1st half in which we largely dominated. We got the ball with about 2 minutes left. We did not try to score, we ran Morris 3 plays up the gut. To burn their timeouts. They ended up getting the ball back with plenty of time to score. Lucky, their anemic offense didnt score. But we eased up, went conservative, happy up 21-6, yet didn't score until that final drive - a full half later.

Other than those 2 momentum killing calls, I have largely been pleased with our offensive play calls.

I think its just a wasted opportunity, dumb, to not want to run up the score at risk of offending the opposition coach, or to think our defense is better than it is. Until we see otherwise, the more times he lets III try to score, the more likely I see us winning. Hurry up may give our offense even more reps, bring it on.

With a dynamic offense, and QB, finally, I think going conservative is exactly what the opposition D is PRAYING for.

Am I wrong in thinking that?

Old
10-04-2012, 02:40 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Agreed Randy....time to adopt the Belichick mentality and score on em until the final second ticks off the game clock...

Old
10-04-2012, 03:45 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

thanks, i agree that Bellichek changed the league. While many old school coaches probably will forever shun adopting modern day NFL trends, the NFL largely remains a copy cat league.

Its why I was concerned about III, that they would make him run an under center pro set offense. Instead, they copied a lot of what Baylor did. So I was thrilled. How long until we line up III wide in the wildcat?

Shanny has room to improve we all do but overall I am pleased how he has handled III. I love a dynamic offense and it fits our fast team perfectly.

Yep its time to use the dynamic offense and go for kill shots a little more often. Anyone still thinking its a rebuilding year fail 4-12 year may forget we are in year 3 already. We can win any game all year, all teams can. we see it every single week, an upset. We are not far from being 3-1 or 4-0.

I wonder how many Skins fans would still take Luck over III.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 10-04-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old
10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Now, that I do agree with. Keep the foot on the gas.

Old
10-06-2012, 02:04 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Interesting read on Snyder...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...-espn-magazine

Old
10-06-2012, 04:24 PM
LSnow

Why does NFL use these horrible camera angles. Why dont they just show allmost the whole field, and do they really have to zoom everytime there is something happening so you dont have no idea whats really happening on the field.. If they just showed the whole field and nothing else this would be amazing..

Old
10-06-2012, 05:34 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

I used to love the all 22 shots - you didnt have to go to the game to see Haslet is running Cover 0 and getting our corners smoked. But they rarely even give a top angle shot, and seemingly never show all 22 guys. That view is more likely to be a blimp shot where you cannot make out anything.

The demand appears to be there, and all 22 was born. I bet I cave one day and get it.

That link is awesome a good read to kill the time before kickoff.

Hockey is bad, they zoom onto the goalie after the most routine of saves. Every single one.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 10-06-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old
10-06-2012, 07:12 PM
LSnow

Like this..

Old
10-06-2012, 08:18 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

The poop brown ball in US football is tough to see at very high angles against the pitch, dead grass and shadows. Make the ball day glow orange - problem solved perhaps.

I am wondering how many decades it will take before paying customers can simply choose whichever camera they prefer. Digital Age is more like the dark ages. I am guessing 5 decades, to never.

I still don't even get many channels in HD with FIOS, new channels are rarely to never added. My "set top" ha cable box, is a tank as big as an old school VCR

I am not even sure if we have had all caps games in a season be in HD. Maybe last year.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:50 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Matt Ryan with the no-look pass...

Honestly, what was he thinking?

10-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Matt Ryan with the no-look pass...

Honestly, what was he thinking?
Or you could give Kerrigan credit for identifying that something was up when the RT didn't even block him.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:02 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Or you could give Kerrigan credit for identifying that something was up when the RT didn't even block him.
Ryan looked straight at him and then threw the ball right at him. I'm glad Kerrigan caught it, but it was a moronic decision by a great quarterback.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Cush
-inator

he'll be cut

Old
10-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Ryan looked straight at him and then threw the ball right at him. I'm glad Kerrigan caught it, but it was a moronic decision by a great quarterback.
Wasn't smart by Ryan, I think he expected it to be a simple quick hitch. Though itt was also a great read and play by Kerrigan. He keeps showing his instincts and play-making ability, he's probably better than Orakpo at this point.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Capitlols

Well Shanny sure looks like an idiot for cutting Gano for Cundiff.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Cush
-inator

3 time outs and they just run the clock

Old
10-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Cush
-inator

0 for 5 on 3rd down