HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How are they handling tickets?

Old
01-06-2013, 09:03 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
How are they handling tickets?

Just curious how tickets are going to be rolled out. I'm not a STH but I really want to go to the opening game. I assume the Flyers will announce when they're going to become available, but I'm curious as to how season tickets will work.

I know a full STH and he has all of the tickets in hand. Will they reissue new ones or make them so game 1 = this now, etc? Just curious, I really don't want to miss the boat on getting some tickets.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 929
Before anything official is announced, the agreement has to be finalized. The matters of such things as schedules and practices will be part of the next step. Speaking of that...

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...801&feedID=695

Quote:
Unless there is a last-minute change of plans, the Flyers will likely open their season on Jan. 19.

Teams received a memo from the league office advising them that the most “probable” schedule scenario will see 48 games and Jan. 19 opener.

More than likely, the NHL will use existing dates from the original schedule devised last summer, then add dates where applicable.

“We’re gonna be fine,” said Flyers president Peter Luukko. “We will probably have to add four [home] dates and that’s not a problem.”

The Flyers were originally scheduled to host Calgary at 1 p.m. on Jan 19. Penn State's new Division I hockey team plays host to the University of Vermont at the Wells Fargo Center at 7:30 that night.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
CootaRoo

Flyers probably start on the road then. I doubt the NHL wants a prime US market starting their season in the afternoon. With the talk of all 30 teams playing on the 19th the Florida/Phoneix/Columbus' of the world will man those slots.

I wonder whom our "rivalry" game will be with? It could be any of PIT, NYR or NJ pretty easily, but you also have to factor in whom THEIR rivals would be and, imo, the best fit would be PIT-WAS (Gary's pet forced rivalry) and NJ-NYR (rematch of last year's conference finals). As such, we are kind of left without a dance partner in-division (I really can't imagine wasting the Flyers on the Islanders).

The only other option, imo, would be BOS (rematch of the WC and the '10 playoffs) as long as they aren't playing MON (which would make sense, since I'm sure TSN wants MON-TOR as their headline game on the 19th).

CootaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
SAINDON

Flyers will be at home on Jan 19th @ 1:00PM. In the original schedule we were playing the Flames at the time, so they will just put an East Coast team there.

SAINDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

I know who and when they're playing. I'm just wondering how they're going to handle distribution/sale of the tickets. Thanks for the responses so far.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
It's going to be hard to have all 30 teams play each other on the same day when there's no crossover conference games.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Flyers845

I already have my tickets we get them in late August or so. I'm almost positive they'll send us new ticket books when they figure out the schedule

Flyers845 is offline   Reply With Quote