HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Post-1994/95 Marketing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
  #1
ryanxvx
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Post-1994/95 Marketing

Does ANYONE recall the NHL making hats that said "Game On!" after the 94-95 lockout?

Maybe it's me but I specifically remember seeing them at a mall during that time and begging my parents to buy me one to no avail. I can't seem to find a picture of it or anything about it on the internet. Am I wrong, am I crazy? Somebody has to remember if it was real or not!

Thanks!

ryanxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:38 PM
  #2
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor
 
Chalupa Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 23,007
vCash: 500
You may or may not be crazy, but I changed your thread title to something that will get more targeted attention.

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
  #3
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanxvx View Post
Does ANYONE recall the NHL making hats that said "Game On!" after the 94-95 lockout?

Maybe it's me but I specifically remember seeing them at a mall during that time and begging my parents to buy me one to no avail. I can't seem to find a picture of it or anything about it on the internet. Am I wrong, am I crazy? Somebody has to remember if it was real or not!

Thanks!
Yes, they did. Pucks for 1994-95 had that as well.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
  #4
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
You may or may not be crazy, but I changed your thread title to something that will get more targeted attention.
I guess you liked that change so much that you also had to put it into the other thread title: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1317877
("Players who missed 3 seasons due to lockoutsPost-1994/95 Marketing")


Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:46 PM
  #5
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor
 
Chalupa Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 23,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
I guess you liked that change so much that you also had to put it into the other thread title: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1317877
("Players who missed 3 seasons due to lockoutsPost-1994/95 Marketing")

I actually had it fixed ten minutes ago (and it was off for less than one minute - the error being the site's update issues) - you need to refresh more.

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
  #6
ryanxvx
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Thank you so much. I wish I could find one right now. It'd render itself pretty appropriate I do believe.

ryanxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
  #7
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanxvx View Post
Thank you so much. I wish I could find one right now. It'd render itself pretty appropriate I do believe.
Here you go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-New-GAME...item2c6b56319c

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
  #8
seventieslord
Registered User
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,587
vCash: 500
Wasn't it right after the lockout that they started calling it "The Coolest Game On Ice"?

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:47 PM
  #9
ryanxvx
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
I seriously can not thank you enough.
I have NEVER been able to find this and it took an hour today for one of you guys to find it.
Seriously, thank you so much.

ryanxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:48 PM
  #10
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I actually had it fixed ten minutes ago (and it was off for less than one minute - the error being the site's update issues) - you need to refresh more.
I actually refreshed it several times to check it and it still showed up. Strange thing.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:51 PM
  #11
Canadiens1958
Registered User
 
Canadiens1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,738
vCash: 500
Pre Second Lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Wasn't it right after the lockout that they started calling it "The Coolest Game On Ice"?
Pre second lockout with the old orange and black logo.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=cooles...iw=667&bih=444

The NHL also had a "Breakout" marketing strategy in the late 1990s:

http://www.google.ca/search?q=cooles...iw=667&bih=444

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
  #12
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Wasn't it right after the lockout that they started calling it "The Coolest Game On Ice"?
Wasn't it "Coolest Game on Earth?"

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
  #13
ryanxvx
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
paid for and done. Thank you HF Boards
I am forever indebted to you all.

ryanxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
  #14
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
The NHL also had a "Breakout" marketing strategy in the late 1990s:

http://www.google.ca/search?q=cooles...iw=667&bih=444
I remember Breakout...it was a roller hockey tournament that traveled from city to city. I played in it twice here in Chicago (I believe that was 97' and 98')...it was held in the Soldier Field parking lots.

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.