HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 World Junior Championships (part II)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2013, 04:29 AM
  #101
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Hey look at this Hockey Talk!!... Haven't been around here much cause of the lockout (Coping mechanism I guess)

Great game so far good thing I woke up for it

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:30 AM
  #102
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,346
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
That's pretty fun, cause the Swedish commentators were raving so much about Russia's incredible PK after the Swiss game.
So much for that - full steam ahead! Let's make this thing 9-8, as you suggested earlier!

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:32 AM
  #103
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,920
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
So much for that - full steam ahead! Let's make this thing 9-8, as you suggested earlier!
Have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in the defensive game by both teams. These juniors have ways to go before they reach Flyers and Jets level of run-and-gun hockey.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:35 AM
  #104
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,529
vCash: 50
I wish TC still had Hudon and Murray... I think it would of been a different tourny with their defensive game over one each of McNeil/Lipon and Wortherspoon/Murphy

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:38 AM
  #105
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,529
vCash: 50
Romang... I'll be cheering for a Sweedish win (with an MVP performance by Trouba)...
I really would like Sweeden to get back-to-back golds after the increased popularity of the U20

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:40 AM
  #106
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,346
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Romang... I'll be cheering for a Sweedish win (with an MVP performance by Trouba)...
I really would like Sweeden to get back-to-back golds after the increased popularity of the U20
I agree: I predict 4-3 Sweden, with 3 goals by Trouba.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:41 AM
  #107
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 50
On TSN they just said that the swedish roster has 13 players who will be eligible for the 2014 WJC in Sweden? They will dominate

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:41 AM
  #108
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,920
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Romang... I'll be cheering for a Sweedish win (with an MVP performance by Trouba)...
I really would like Sweeden to get back-to-back golds after the increased popularity of the U20
That would be great for the 2014 WJC in Sweden. If not for the fact that some idiot decided to have the tournament in Malmö!

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:42 AM
  #109
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,529
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I agree: I predict 4-3 Sweden, with 3 goals by Trouba.
I was going to say that and then thought it be better to just say MVP performance

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:42 AM
  #110
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
That would be great for the 2014 WJC in Sweden. If not for the fact that some idiot decided to have the tournament in Malmö!
What's wrong with Malmö?

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:43 AM
  #111
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,920
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
On TSN they just said that the swedish roster has 13 players who will be eligible for the 2014 WJC in Sweden? They will dominate
Fun fact. In Sweden, before we won WJC, our players born 1992 was seen as OK, 1993 was seen as a downright weak year for us. 1991 and 1990 was great, and 1994 and 1995 is, if I'm not mistaken, pretty damn good.

Also, I totally agree with a Swedish win and a dominant performance by Trouba. That would be a great birthday present for me.


*hint*

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:44 AM
  #112
Klaus
Teemu!
 
Klaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
What's wrong with Malmö?
From what I've heard, it's a dump.

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:46 AM
  #113
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 50
But Freddy Ljungberg is from Malmö

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:46 AM
  #114
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
On TSN they just said that the swedish roster has 13 players who will be eligible for the 2014 WJC in Sweden? They will dominate
Seems like the smart thing to do load up the roster for the run at home

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:48 AM
  #115
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,920
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
What's wrong with Malmö?
The eastern part is one of the worst parts of a city in Europe. I guess they put it there so people could choose to go either to Denmark or to Malmö, but it's just stupid. If you want people who are just crazy about hockey, put it in Northern Sweden. If you want to showcase Sweden, put it in Stockholm, or possibly Gotenburg.

I honestly don't see why you would put it in Malmö. Other than the fact that they have a pretty new and nice arena to play in. The city as a whole is ok, but it's nothing compared to Stockholm or Gotenburg, parts of the city is downright dangerous. Sure, you can avoid those parts pretty easily, but you shouldn't have to if you're visiting a city in Sweden to watch hockey IMO.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:50 AM
  #116
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,920
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
From what I've heard, it's a dump.
Not the entire city. I was there just last year, and was positively surprised. But the bad parts are BAD. But as I said, there are so many better places to put the tournament in.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:53 AM
  #117
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 50
A city that is downright dangerous in SWEDEN?

That's about the most wrong sounding fact I've heard in a long time I thought Sweden is so calm and peaceful with very few jobless people, the best school education in Europe and a high standard of life quality.


That's pretty much what we think about Sweden, allthough I've never been there unfortunatley I learned some Swedish on the train ride to school when I was bored at the age of 16.

Jag heter Chris, jag kommer fran Mannheim, Deutschland. YAY

... that's all I remember.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:54 AM
  #118
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
The eastern part is one of the worst parts of a city in Europe. I guess they put it there so people could choose to go either to Denmark or to Malmö, but it's just stupid. If you want people who are just crazy about hockey, put it in Northern Sweden. If you want to showcase Sweden, put it in Stockholm, or possibly Gotenburg.

I honestly don't see why you would put it in Malmö. Other than the fact that they have a pretty new and nice arena to play in. The city as a whole is ok, but it's nothing compared to Stockholm or Gotenburg, parts of the city is downright dangerous. Sure, you can avoid those parts pretty easily, but you shouldn't have to if you're visiting a city in Sweden to watch hockey IMO.
Thats the same as it used to be here in Canada.

Put the tourney in a smaller center where you can grab the attention of the whole city. Its only recently that they started hosting it in NHL cities

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:59 AM
  #119
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,920
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
A city that is downright dangerous in SWEDEN?

That's about the most wrong sounding fact I've heard in a long time I thought Sweden is so calm and peaceful with very few jobless people, the best school education in Europe and a high standard of life quality.


That's pretty much what we think about Sweden, allthough I've never been there unfortunatley I learned some Swedish on the train ride to school when I was bored at the age of 16.

Jag heter Chris, jag kommer fran Mannheim, Deutschland. YAY

... that's all I remember.
Yeah... we stopped that. Now we're going for the most immigrants taken in without any sign of integration or plans. And it's showing.

But that's waaaay OT, back to hockey!

Nice Swedish btw!

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:02 AM
  #120
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,346
vCash: 200
Ritchie! 5-5. Getting closer to 9-8.

BTW Romang67 - Happy B'day, from someone who had their birthday yesterday.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:03 AM
  #121
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
I wish Canada played with this kind of passion last game, they really want to win this one.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:04 AM
  #122
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,920
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Ritchie! 5-5. Getting closer to 9-8.

BTW Romang67 - Happy B'day, from someone who had their birthday yesterday.
Why, thank you!

Happy birthday one day late! Hope you had a good one!

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:10 AM
  #123
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,346
vCash: 200
Aaargh! Scheifele off the post!

EDIT: and ANOTHER post! Gah.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:17 AM
  #124
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Aaargh! Scheifele off the post!

I hate this Scheifele guy. Couturier would have burried it.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:17 AM
  #125
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,529
vCash: 50
If Scheifele had it just an inch to the inside... post ugh!!!

PS happy happy BDAY both of ya!

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.