Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Minnesota Wild

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 06:01 PM
grN1g

vCash: 500
gotta remember that Mikko gets thrown out the circle alot, having granlund on his wing would benefit in those situations aswell, cause parise and heatley arent very good at faceoffs.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:32 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
oh good, we're back to wanting the Finns together because mentor.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

I wouldn't mind having them together. They have somewhat complementary game styles.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Beegoalie

I have agreed with that notion for awhile. They will try Granlund at center for atleast 10 games though. If it fails, then he will play on Koivu's wing.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:50 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Not sure there's any amount of muscle that will prevent your collar bone from being broken.

And remember, that was an OKC team that was trying to "get them back" for hitting Nugent Hopkins.

Maybe we just needed more enforcers to play on the top line/D pairing down there to prevent cheap shots
Heh, that is true I guess. Kassian might save our butts yet this year...

Yeah, we did really screw with the Nuge God I hate the Oil... Anyways.

I remember watching the hit on Brodin a few times, and I just get the impression that he thought Hall was going to pull up some. This is all conjecture of course, but Brodin just seems almost as if he is a little innocent out there to me. That's what worries me, especially on a bean-pole. He just needs to add a little more edge to his game for his own protection before I think he'll be ready. Can you imagine if the other forward were Burrows, or Franzen, or Hartnell, or anyone who plays like that? Geesus... Brodin would be lucky to be alive...

Old
01-17-2013, 06:56 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Parise-Koivu-Heatley - It will be awesome.
Coyle-Granlund-Setoguchi - Coyle would be better than Cullen at this point.
Zucker-Brodziak-Bouchard - Don't tell me this 3rd line wouldn't scare other teams.
Clutterbuck-Kenopka-Mitchell - Yep.

Cullen, Powe, and Falk are traded to Chicago for Hjarm.
Ok, I got a little too excited at the thought of this Maybe it's just the idea of Cullen not staining our roster anymore, I don't know...

If this third line got ice time that is more comparable with the first and second lines, I would be pretty sold actually. My concern is that Butch has amazing skill and should be in a position to use it if he is on our roster, and I think it would be harmful to Zucker's development if he only got 6 minutes a night.

I like Clutter on the fourth line. He has value, but I can't stand seeing him put in positions where he expected to score.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:22 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
gotta remember that Mikko gets thrown out the circle alot, having granlund on his wing would benefit in those situations aswell, cause parise and heatley arent very good at faceoffs.
Not sure why you say that... Heatley was pretty good for us in the circle last year! 53.73% good!

Old
01-17-2013, 07:46 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I believe Powe still has value to this team. He's flexible in what role he can fulfill, but excellent on the 4th line.

Cullen, reminds me of a fish flopping around on land. I'm so tired of seeing him sliding around all over the damned rink after he gets knocked off the puck by anything...

He's fast, yup. Never been a fan of his.
Fall Down Darby 2.0

Old
01-17-2013, 07:51 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Ok, I got a little too excited at the thought of this Maybe it's just the idea of Cullen not staining our roster anymore, I don't know...

If this third line got ice time that is more comparable with the first and second lines, I would be pretty sold actually. My concern is that Butch has amazing skill and should be in a position to use it if he is on our roster, and I think it would be harmful to Zucker's development if he only got 6 minutes a night.

I like Clutter on the fourth line. He has value, but I can't stand seeing him put in positions where he expected to score.
3rd lines get at least 15 minutes a night unless its a penalty-heavy game.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:57 PM
nickschultzfan

I am always shocked by how much props Fletcher, Yeo, and Russo give Cullen. I knew he wasn't going to be the 2nd line center when he was brought it. It's incredibly clear when you watch the guy. He falls over. Weak on the boards. Turnsover the puck. Breaks possession all the time. Can't protect the puck.

Yes, he's the type of guy that would own the Swiss league because he's got mad puck skills - just as long as nobody checks him, funnels him into the boards, poke-checks him, does adequate gap control, or just generally play defense.

I'm not saying he's a terrible player, but he's only really effective on the PP or on fast breaks, which are situations where he has more ice.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
3rd lines get at least 15 minutes a night unless its a penalty-heavy game.
It's true I was exaggerating some, but you get my point. If Zucker can develop into a top 6 winger, which we desperately need, I would like to see him given the chance. "Typical" 3rd line minutes and roles worry me in that they might not aid him reach his potential. Some 3rd lines are more like 2b lines however, and that I would be a proponent of.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:18 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
I am always shocked by how much props Fletcher, Yeo, and Russo give Cullen. I knew he wasn't going to be the 2nd line center when he was brought it. It's incredibly clear when you watch the guy. He falls over. Weak on the boards. Turnsover the puck. Breaks possession all the time. Can't protect the puck.

Yes, he's the type of guy that would own the Swiss league because he's got mad puck skills - just as long as nobody checks him, funnels him into the boards, poke-checks him, does adequate gap control, or just generally play defense.

I'm not saying he's a terrible player, but he's only really effective on the PP or on fast breaks, which are situations where he has more ice.
He's a bloody figure skater who wears a helmet.

Mittens had a better shot as well.

I just want him to skate away like the little fairy he is...

He's not the worst player in the world at all, he would just look better on a different team.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:21 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

"if" Zucker can develop into a top six winger?

Old
01-17-2013, 09:13 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11inter View Post
Does it look like Dumba will be lock as well?
He'll be on the roster. More than likely sitting in the press box and practicing for a couple days until Scandella/Brodin are ready.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:16 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Fall Down Darby 2.0
Nobody falls down as much as Fall Down Darby did...

Old
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

someone needs to come up with a shot chart thing comparing Cullen and Darby, only with dots representing where and how many times they fell in their careers here instead of shots.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Yeah... except with Darby it's not a question "if" he fell down. He never took a shot WITHOUT falling down! Remember, he was the master of the one knee slap shot because of his horrible balance.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Beegoalie

Man people like to Rip on Cullen a lot. He's a stanley cup winner and one of the few seasoned vets on this team. What can't the guy do? Sure he isn't the best at one single thing but thats not what he gives the Wild He is very reliable defensively and can play all of the forward positions. He gives the Wild depth in the fact that he can kill penalties, run the point on the PP, is great in the shootout and is a mildly gifted offensive player. He's never going to be a true number 2 center no. But we don't need him to be unless there is an injury. On top of all that he's an experienced veteran and a leader as evidenced by his A last season.

He gives the Wild someone who could realistically fill in the top 6 in case of injury or play solid top 9 minutes all year contributing in all parts of the game in the process. Now tell me what in the H-E-double hockey sticks is wrong with that??

Old
01-18-2013, 01:28 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Yeah... except with Darby it's not a question "if" he fell down. He never took a shot WITHOUT falling down! Remember, he was the master of the one knee slap shot because of his horrible balance.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Dee Oh Cee

I agree with you...I think he's fine. He was in over his head the past couple years as a second liner...eventually this season I think we'll see him on a 3rd line where he'll be more comfortable.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:34 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Exactly!

Old
01-18-2013, 01:35 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Man people like to Rip on Cullen a lot. He's a stanley cup winner and one of the few seasoned vets on this team. What can't the guy do? Sure he isn't the best at one single thing but thats not what he gives the Wild He is very reliable defensively and can play all of the forward positions. He gives the Wild depth in the fact that he can kill penalties, run the point on the PP, is great in the shootout and is a mildly gifted offensive player. He's never going to be a true number 2 center no. But we don't need him to be unless there is an injury. On top of all that he's an experienced veteran and a leader as evidenced by his A last season.

He gives the Wild someone who could realistically fill in the top 6 in case of injury or play solid top 9 minutes all year contributing in all parts of the game in the process. Now tell me what in the H-E-double hockey sticks is wrong with that??
I have no problem with the guy with the exception of his "hot starts" only to go stone cold during the remaining few months of the seasons. The thing is, a couple of years ago, he was one of our most skilled players. I was happy to see him picked up. We needed him! But suddenly the team has taken a turn for the better and it's outgrown him. I don't want him moved because he lacks skill and leadership. He's still a great player, but is on the decline. We need the open roster spot as well as the bonus of freeing up cap space. We have a log jam, and he is very close to getting passed up by some of the rookies.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:37 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Exactly!
Even when bowling.

Okay, done hi-jacking the thread. Back to those lines..........

Old
01-18-2013, 01:39 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

His falling down when shooting goes all the way back to his youth days...

Here's Darby when he scored a goal for Richfield...

Old
01-18-2013, 01:46 AM
JaredCowenFan
O Captain My Captain

Congrats to my boy Mat Dumba on making the opening day roster for the Wild. Hopefully playing with Suter. I knew he was going to make it. Now let's hope he stays!

Closed Thread