Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Minnesota Wild

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 01:58 AM
10dynasty38*

vCash: 500
Coyle will land on the 4th line because he does not have to go through waivers. smart move by the WIld. No one can claim coyle

Old
02-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dynasty38 View Post
Coyle will land on the 4th line because he does not have to go through waivers. smart move by the WIld. No one can claim coyle
They would have brought up McIntyre or some other duster to play fourth line, not Coyle unless he really disappoints in practice or game and gets moved down. No way he starts there.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:51 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

Hey wild fans, coyotes fan coming in peace. I'm sure your probably tired of answering this question for visitors, but I was wondering how Parise and Suter have been playing for you guys so far? Unfortunately I haven't had the time to catch a Wild game on tv yet. Mods feel free to move where appropriate.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:21 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
Hey wild fans, coyotes fan coming in peace. I'm sure your probably tired of answering this question for visitors, but I was wondering how Parise and Suter have been playing for you guys so far? Unfortunately I haven't had the time to catch a Wild game on tv yet. Mods feel free to move where appropriate.
Parise has been great. All that we'd hoped for and then some. Dude hustles more than anyone I've ever seen and is always creating offense around the net.

Suter on the other hand has been a disappointment so far. His puck movement skills are good but he's been relatively poor in our own end far too much. Way too many times I've seen him watch as the pass goes right by him into our own net while he stands there never having moved. Reminds me of Nick Schultz from last season.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:57 AM
FVM
Screaming seagulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Ok... back to topic... I think this was my last suggestion...

Parise-Koivu-Bouchard
Heatley-Granlund-Coyle
Cullen-Brodziak-Setoguchi
Powe/Mitchell-Konopka-Clutterbuck
I want to see this. Parise-Koivu is a great duo and Bouchard brings elite passing and playmaking with finishing ability too. Simply a high skill player to play with those two. Granlund-Coyle could have chemistry from Houston and maybe Heatley playing with two rookies would light a fire under his ass. Cullen-Brodziak-Setoguchi sounds like a high energy third line.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:38 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
Suter tough start. But, he has been sick enough to require IV-fluids. BTW, still playing tons of minutes per night, which no one seems to take into consideration. Also, play with the same partner for a half-dozen years, in a system that has been in place for a half dozen years, and I am going to give him some time to adjust. It is not as if Coaches Yeo and Wilson are exactly Scotty Bowman. I use to play defense, so I tend to follow the back-end, two-way players more. Suter has a lot of subtle things about his game that are fantastic, that is you don't focus in on his play they are not obvious. I know its a short time, but based upon what I have seen, Suter/Brodin looks like a good #1 pairing for a while.

Parise has been very good, high energy, no quit. He was on the score sheet for Anaheim game, but you would have never known he was playing. Not a whole lot the game prior as well, Chicago. Other teams are going to key on our first line, so that will likely be part of it. Particularly when they are the only ones contributing. Personally, I think its time to change the line, and move Heatley off of it. His linemates make him better, he does nothing for them.

Wild fans, and hockey fans around the league will continue to focus on the price tag, and translate that into expectations. Sour grapes for non-Wild fans, because every team wanted those two. With respect to Wild fans, of which I am one, keep in mind Leipold had to try to win these two. It was economics. Attendance has been on the declines for 3-4 years. The Wild has been losing money for 3-4 years. Xcel seats roughly 18,000. When Suter and Parise signed, there were 3,000-4,000 season tickets sold, and arena is still not filled, other than on "special" nights, or a powerhouse team in the league arrives in town. Without those two, that means attendance would have been down 25%-plus, if not higher.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Granlund 64

Per Russo

Cullen centering Bouchard and Coyle

Brodziak centering Clutterbuck and Mitchell

Setoguchi moved to fourth line with Powe and Konopka. Granlund not on regular line

Old
02-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund 64 View Post
Per Russo

Setoguchi moved to fourth line with Powe and Konopka. Granlund not on regular line
If true horrible. I give Yeo 2 weeks and his out of his job.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:26 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund 64 View Post
Per Russo

Still keeping the top line together, huh? Well, lets hope they actually score a goal or something tomorrow night.

Second line looks alright. I'm happy Coyle isn't just going to play with scrubs.

I really like that third line. It's what I have been calling for since the St. Louis game. I really like Mitchell though. Fast and works hard.

Fourth line...seto...ouch. Kassian needs to get in a game soon. Right now I'd like to see him in over Seto right now. Just my opinion.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:27 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Glad Yeo's not babying Granlund.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Russo said Seto and Granlund are taking turns on the 4th, one likely won't play tomorrow.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Tuomaz

They should have put Bouchard, Coyle or Granlund on 1st line wing. That 2nd line looks really bad... And Seto on 4th? Oh my Yeo

Old
02-03-2013, 04:31 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
They should have put Bouchard, Coyle or Granlund on 1st line wing. That 2nd line looks really bad... And Seto on 4th? Oh my Yeo
It's called sending a message.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Where is the message to Cullen,Heatley,Brodziak and clutter? That is called bad coaching. Well did expect nothing less from ahl-coach Yeo.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Where is the message to Cullen,Heatley,Brodziak and clutter? That is called bad coaching. Well did expect nothing less from ahl-coach Yeo.

Cullens game has been coming around..and he has 3 points and is still responsible defensively..Heatley has 4 goals and you don't scratch a 7.5 million dollar 50 goal scorer who has .5 gpg this season. Thats absurd.

Broziak and Clutterbuck on the other hand...

Old
02-03-2013, 04:37 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Lines in this practice may not yet be indicative of lines in game Monday then. If either Seto or Granlund sit Monday, doubt either actually play on the 4th line.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:38 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Clutterbuck has been great. Cullen's game has been better since demoting to the 3rd line and then coming back up to the 2nd. Brodz has been Disappointing and Heater has been what heater is.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Clutterbuck has been great. Cullen's game has been better since demoting to the 3rd line and then coming back up to the 2nd. Brodz has been Disappointing and Heater has been what heater is.
Well I expect more from Clutter than hits.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
If true horrible. I give Yeo 2 weeks and his out of his job.
Highly doubt it. If so, Fletcher follows him out the door.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Because playing with Powe and Konopka is going to spark his goal scoring ability?

Old
02-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Highly doubt it. If so, Fletcher follows him out the door.
why? On paper it seems like a decent team.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:51 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Because he went with Yeo over MacT and Hitchcock. You can't just have a revolving door of coaches. GMCF lives and dies with Yeo.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Because it would mean he already swung and missed on his first two coaches. Would you trust him to hire the next one?

Old
02-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Gaps

Are they going to trade Seto? Because it's not like they can actually expect him to score on the 4th line.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:04 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Are they going to trade Seto? Because it's not like they can actually expect him to score on the 4th line.
It sounds as though if they can get a reasonable return (my guess would be 3rd round or higher pick), they'd move him ASAP.

Closed Thread