HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Public washrooms

Old
01-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Public washrooms

Can someone explain to me why people feel that it's acceptable to not flush at a public washroom? Especially at an office when the only ones using it are those you work worth.

I don't get it..

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
I find it funniest when they don't flush while you are in there too.

It's like, they know you are in there, but they know you won't say anything. It's like a hostage situation.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯į□į)╯︵ ┻━┻

Showing off their masterpiece.

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Can someone explain to me why people feel that it's acceptable to not flush at a public washroom? Especially at an office when the only ones using it are those you work worth.

I don't get it..
lol...i posted on my classic car forum a while back about a situation with a co-worker peeing all over our bathroom floor. Some ppl just want to watch the world burn i guess

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Ceremony
Why Not Us?

vCash: 50
I'd be more concerned with why a place where people defecate is called a washroom.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
I'd be more concerned with why a place where people defecate is called a washroom.
Bidet?

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:53 PM
awfulwaffle

More importantly, why don't people wash their hands after going to the bathroom?

That is the single most disgusting thing on this planet, and I see way too many people just walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands. I cringe when I shake someone's hand not knowing if they wash their hands or not. It's like not brushing your teeth, it just doesn't make sense.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
More importantly, why don't people wash their hands after going to the bathroom?

That is the single most disgusting thing on this planet, and I see way too many people just walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands. I cringe when I shake someone's hand not knowing if they wash their hands or not. It's like not brushing your teeth, it just doesn't make sense.
Actually, there's no hygienic need to wash your hands. Unless something goes wrong, your hands don't come into contact with any contaminants (the whole point of toilet paper is so that you don't have to use your hands to wipe away feces or urine). Even if you touch your genitals with your bare hands, your genitals are pretty clean (you wash them once a day every day, and they spend the rest of their time tucked into a sterile cotton sac), so your hands aren't becoming dirtier.

The idea that you have to wash your hands after every time you use the toilet comes from our association of our genitals with our rather prudish notions of human sexuality. The penis/vagina are basically seen as dirty because they're sex organs, and sex is dirty. We're expected to clean ourselves after touching ourselves in our dirty places.

Your hands are actually way dirtier because they come into contact with all sorts of contaminants all day long. In fact, after using the washroom, you should wash your genitals, not your hands.

Of course, you should wash your hands regularly, but there's no specific need to do so after using the toilet.

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
nogger
Former 4th liner

Exactly, why should I have to wash my hands after i'm done touching the cleanest part of my body?

nogger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Steve Holt
Fire Bylsma

It's disgusting. It happens all the time on campus.

Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
Actually, there's no hygienic need to wash your hands. Unless something goes wrong, your hands don't come into contact with any contaminants (the whole point of toilet paper is so that you don't have to use your hands to wipe away feces or urine). Even if you touch your genitals with your bare hands, your genitals are pretty clean (you wash them once a day every day, and they spend the rest of their time tucked into a sterile cotton sac), so your hands aren't becoming dirtier.

The idea that you have to wash your hands after every time you use the toilet comes from our association of our genitals with our rather prudish notions of human sexuality. The penis/vagina are basically seen as dirty because they're sex organs, and sex is dirty. We're expected to clean ourselves after touching ourselves in our dirty places.

Your hands are actually way dirtier because they come into contact with all sorts of contaminants all day long. In fact, after using the washroom, you should wash your genitals, not your hands.

Of course, you should wash your hands regularly, but there's no specific need to do so after using the toilet.
3 words: some don't dab.

But those are probably the same ones that don't wash their hands.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:56 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post

Your genitals aren't that clean. Even if you're only cleaning/using the front part, you get small amounts of fecal contamination from your butt being in the same underwear, which can be transmitted to the front and then your hands. All bodily fluids urine, blood, semen or feces should always be washed off even if present in trace(read: Not visible) portions. Of course the taps and doors and handles in washrooms are dirty too, so you should always use a paper towel to turn the taps and then on the door. Throw the towl in the ajacent wastebasket once the door is opened and you are leaving. Ideally, of course.....

as far as washing your hands goes, don't touch your eyes, mouth lips or nose directly if possible and wash hands when entering your house or the house of family members,I do.

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Long Duk Dong
Sammich King

If anything, wash your hands before going to the can. If you don't, you could get AIDS, or even worse...Lupus.

Long Duk Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:02 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

I should be allowed to wash my junk in the washroom because of how dirty it apparently is.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:59 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Wow you guys are gross. Not a germaphobe by any means but damn, is it really too much to ask that you wash your hands after touching a part of your body that eliminates waste?

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:12 PM
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!

Sometimes you just don't have the time. Priorities.

MrWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I should be allowed to wash my junk in the washroom because of how dirty it apparently is.
Who says you're not?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Steve Holt
Fire Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Wow you guys are gross. Not a germaphobe by any means but damn, is it really too much to ask that you wash your hands after touching a part of your body that eliminates waste?
Apparently it is. I do it for others, and myself. You're probably going to end up putting germs back in your body when you don't.

Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:22 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Public washrooms... Lollll

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:22 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post

I don't get it..
You should change floors.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Vincent Vega

If I have to whip it out for a quick leak in a public washroom, unless I am soaked in sweat and dirt and haven't showered for days, my dick is cleaner then some dirty sink and soap dispenser that god knows how many filthy animals have used.

Always wash your hands after you poop though. Because you may get some poop on your hands.

Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
I would love to use the washrooms in your office, I'm sure. You should see the absolute ****hole washrooms we have to use. I'm a carpenter working at union station in Toronto and there's currently 2 toilets serving over a hundred guys. Completely against the law and completely disgusting. As you can imagine, guys working in construction aren't the cleanest or nicest of people.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

I always wash my hands after I go. I sometimes wash my hands prior to going too. Call it a waste of time, but who knows what kind of germs you gather on your hands throughout the day. I don't want that on my junk haha.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Your genitals aren't that clean. Even if you're only cleaning/using the front part, you get small amounts of fecal contamination from your butt being in the same underwear, which can be transmitted to the front and then your hands. All bodily fluids urine, blood, semen or feces should always be washed off even if present in trace(read: Not visible) portions. Of course the taps and doors and handles in washrooms are dirty too, so you should always use a paper towel to turn the taps and then on the door. Throw the towl in the ajacent wastebasket once the door is opened and you are leaving. Ideally, of course.....

as far as washing your hands goes, don't touch your eyes, mouth lips or nose directly if possible and wash hands when entering your house or the house of family members,I do.
Your clothing will have trace amounts of fecal matter on them after being in the washing machine.

There's a difference between something being there and enough of that something being there to actually hurt you.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:00 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I wash my hands regularly throughout the day. I didn't used to use hand sanitizer, but I have been since I've been working with the public more. I don't use it religiously, but after a noticeably ill customer comes through or periodically if I notice I haven't had a chance to clean my hands in a while I'll use a dab of sanitizer.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote