Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Holders

Old
01-16-2013, 10:19 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I don't have my TPA handy, but it really wouldn't surprise me if there is a clause in it stating that TNSE reserves the right to change the way tickets are distributed.
Someone previously talked about a class action lawsuit (which I found extremely comical), but are you guys sure that there isn't a provision covering this exact situation?

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:35 AM
ahplk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
If you sell games back to the Jets via Seat Exchange, you only get your original STH price back - and its a credit towards next year, not cash.
I think it's been mentioned that this has changed for the upcoming season.

I don't have a source offhand but I swear I heard something about being able to charge up to face value (minus a fee) which would then be credited to your account. This is to persuade people from using third party ticket selling sites like StubHub.

I could be wrong though.

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:46 AM
hoowaa

From the STH 2012-13 account user guide found here: http://jets.nhl.com/v2/ext/files/MJA-User-Guide.pdf

"Using SeatExchange as a platform to sell your ticket(s), you will receive credit for the tickets sold at the individual game day price, less a fee. The proceeds from that ticket sale will be placed on your Jets account."

The only thing not spelled out is the actual fee amount.

hoowaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:25 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Thanks, my bad. Was going by last years rules.

Still paid as a credit however. Given ticket demand, the only people using this buyback system are those worried about selling themselves in the secondary market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoowaa View Post
From the STH 2012-13 account user guide found here: http://jets.nhl.com/v2/ext/files/MJA-User-Guide.pdf

"Using SeatExchange as a platform to sell your ticket(s), you will receive credit for the tickets sold at the individual game day price, less a fee. The proceeds from that ticket sale will be placed on your Jets account."

The only thing not spelled out is the actual fee amount.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:20 AM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Thanks, my bad. Was going by last years rules.

Still paid as a credit however. Given ticket demand, the only people using this buyback system are those worried about selling themselves in the secondary market.
I admit I have been leery about selling tickets for games I can't go to. I sold several tickets last season to people here on the boards and also to Seat Exchange. If I am going to get game day prices (less the fee) I see it easier to sell on Seat Exchange.

In addition, in all my Seat Exchange sales, I have yet to see one of my tickets become available for sale... they sell fast or they delay the release of the seats but I always received an email the following day that my ticket sold. lol

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
comebackid

Sorry if Im behind the times or if this has already been discussed, but how exactly does this seat exchange work? I just moved to Calgary (obviously refuse to cheer for the brutal flames - go jets) this past summer and will be returning home for a weekend in Feb (jets play the 15th and 17th when Im home). Anyways this seat exchange thing is giving me troubles - is it just not up yet? Anyone can buy from it correct?

Otherwise if theres anyone that can pass on tickets to one of these games I would be in your debt!

comebackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:47 AM
KingSalamon

Doesn't seem like Seat Exchange is open for STH's to sell their tickets. Everytime I log in, I have three options available - Print tickets, Forward tickets and donate tickets. The fourth option (sell ticket) is not available yet.

Something like this happened last season as well.. I think it was running a little after the season started. I'm guessing this weekend it will get opened up for putting tickets up for sale... maybe next week.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
PensFan6687

My friend said we get a free gift this year... I haven't heard anything about this...

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
PensFan6687

25 dollar charge for a lost card? That's rather absurd. If I lose a debit card I get a free one. Some companies charge at most 5 dollars and they have chips... more to the cards. These ones only have bar codes. Ridiculous. And I have 4 cards... eeep 100 dollars worth there if they go missing.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY JETS ACCOUNT
Please Wait While Your Request is Being Processed

An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site. You've been placed in line and will be granted access to the site in the order in which you arrived.

Do not hit the refresh or back buttons or you will lose your place in line!
Thank-you, Jets, for all the convenience of your STUPID F***IN TICKETING SYSTEM.

This is all so much easier.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:04 PM
PaperRockChamp

I'm sorry if this has been asked. ( I can't get through to TNSE)

Can I just simply give my STH card to a friend to use to get into a game that I cannot attend?

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:09 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post

Can I just simply give my STH card to a friend to use to get into a game that I cannot attend?
I can't imagine why not.

As long as you trust you'll get it back

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:

My understanding is Yes, you can "lend" the card to someone else. There is no name on the card, nor is TNSE going to take the time to verify the id of the person using the card. This would take too long to get people into the game.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
25 dollar charge for a lost card? That's rather absurd. If I lose a debit card I get a free one. Some companies charge at most 5 dollars and they have chips... more to the cards. These ones only have bar codes. Ridiculous. And I have 4 cards... eeep 100 dollars worth there if they go missing.
Or you just start printing your tickets when you lose your cards.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
Thank-you, Jets, for all the convenience of your STUPID F***IN TICKETING SYSTEM.

This is all so much easier.
Found somebody who had a printer yesterday....it took 2 hours to get through to print for all of our tickets, my buddy couldn't even get through on his work connection...not too mention it took an entire cartridge of printer ink...

It's not a huge deal, but anything that makes my life harder when I am talking about spending thousands and thousands of dollars on these tickets you bet I will not be happy about it...

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Beazley
The 'Dale

Quote:

Yes, but you could also email/forward him the ticket, or give him the printed version. Both of those options make more sense to me under the new system vs. "lending" a friend your STH card.

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:53 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Found somebody who had a printer yesterday....it took 2 hours to get through to print for all of our tickets, my buddy couldn't even get through on his work connection...not too mention it took an entire cartridge of printer ink...

It's not a huge deal, but anything that makes my life harder when I am talking about spending thousands and thousands of dollars on these tickets you bet I will not be happy about it...
Did mine this morning it was fast...10 min tops

In the future when everyone isnt trying to print out their tickets in 2 days it will be smooth

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Beazley
The 'Dale

Quote:

Did the printer look something like this?

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:42 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Yes, but you could also email/forward him the ticket, or give him the printed version. Both of those options make more sense to me under the new system vs. "lending" a friend your STH card.
Thanks for all the replies!

Neither of us have printers and basically see each other's ugly mug every day so in this case, it's actually less hassle to just pass the card back and forth.. Thanks again.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

I printed out my tickets that were transferred to me by my season ticket group partner. They print with a $0 value on them. My question is how could I sell these for "face value" with it not being considered scalping?
Pretty strange the season tickets I paid for print as if they were freebies.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Last year the hard stock tickets came with walk up prices printed on them

No Name Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:05 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row 3 Upper View Post
I printed out my tickets that were transferred to me by my season ticket group partner. They print with a $0 value on them. My question is how could I sell these for "face value" with it not being considered scalping?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Last year the hard stock tickets came with walk up prices printed on them
Weird...I guess there's an issue when they are transferred to another account and then printed. When I just printed the tickets, they had the walk up price on them.

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:10 PM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahplk View Post
Weird...I guess there's an issue when they are transferred to another account and then printed. When I just printed the tickets, they had the walk up price on them.
Maybe I can just make up my own walk up prices

No Name Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
Quote:

This is what I meant in my first post about this being chintzy.

If somebody asked me for a business card and I said their choices are:
1. pay me for a printed version;
2. give them log-on instructions so they can print their own;
3. write it down themselves from the information at our front desk;
they would tell me to ******* off and go do business with somebody else.

The Jets are so lucky to be the only game in town right now. I will NOT buy any more merchandise from them.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
This is what I meant in my first post about this being chintzy.

If somebody asked me for a business card and I said their choices are:
1. pay me for a printed version;
2. give them log-on instructions so they can print their own;
3. write it down themselves from the information at our front desk;
they would tell me to ******* off and go do business with somebody else.

The Jets are so lucky to be the only game in town right now. I will NOT buy any more merchandise from them.
After reading this thread and the Free Press comments, it astounds me how many Winnipeggers/STHs are stuck in 1996. I guess being without a team in the 4 major leagues will do that.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Benny27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row 3 Upper View Post

When the group partner sent them out to u he has the option to choose if they should include the price or not.

When i did it i am sure the default was with the price.

Benny27 is offline   Reply With Quote