Notices

2012-13 Ticket Holders

Old
01-15-2013, 11:21 AM
RonJon

vCash: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
easy for Jay Richardson to defend the Jets when he doesnt have to pay for tickets.
And on their payroll

RonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 166
Hi all - this is all a bit overblown regarding the Season Ticket Card.

Spoke with my Jets source and they say there will NOT be any charge for STHs to print tickets this year or any year in the future.

The "misunderstanding" appears to be with the wording that fees would be waived "this year", which made everyone assume that there would be a future charge.

Regardless, I would still like a classic physical ticket with a team logo on it, rather than a printout or a card.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:25 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Hi all - this is all a bit overblown regarding the Season Ticket Card.

Spoke with my Jets source and they say there will NOT be any charge for STHs to print tickets this year or any year in the future.

The "misunderstanding" appears to be with the wording that fees would be waived "this year", which made everyone assume that there would be a future charge.

Regardless, I would still like a classic physical ticket with a team logo on it, rather than a printout or a card.
Agreed or better yet, have an option to have a bar code via email that can be scanned off your smartphone? similar to how you can buy movie tickets online.

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
From what I've heard the org. was testing the waters a bit and they know it won't fly by the outrage.

There will be no charge for printing your own tickets.

01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 166
Yes they mentioned this was considered, but not enough time to develop and launch for this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Agreed or better yet, have an option to have a bar code via email that can be scanned off your smartphone? similar to how you can buy movie tickets online.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:41 AM
buggs
get off my lawn

vCash: 1000
Ok, so who's the graphic designer that's going to set up the template for me to make my own tickets that looked like last year? Permanent waiver of self printing fee is sufficient, and I especially support the cards in this shortened season, but I still think the option, at a reasonable price, for hard tickets, should be offered.

PR stunt to make the loss of hard tickets more acceptable? Moderately well played if so.

I remain a little baffled by all the comments (Freep/Sun) about how this will help combat scalpers. It won't and it doesn't. If you've ever bought tickets on StubHub you've probably had the "electronic" delivery option and simply printed out the tickets just as is suggested in the User Guide. Sure, you're costing the scalper a whopping $2.50 per ticket but he/she would recoup that from the raised price. I've bought tickets for Vikings, Timberwolves off StubHub and I'm paying their fees too. Nothing about that $2.50 would impact me remotely if I was selling tickets for a profit.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
So there will be no charge to print your own tickets. Any mention on other ways for groups to share the tickets without a charge?

I still want to see a free electronic way for each member of the group to own their games in the system.

I am in a group. If all I end up getting is pieces of paper with my games on them that my friend printed, if I end up having to sell that game at the last moment, I would still need to call him up and have him do that for me right? And then he would get the $ and have to send it to me, yada, yada, yada.

IMO, TNSE needs to create a process that allows each member of the group to electronically own each game that they own within the group.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:51 AM
wpglax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Yes they mentioned this was considered, but not enough time to develop and launch for this year.
I know they had been looking into the "Passbook" feature available on iDevices for sure, because when I had asked them about it back in June, and they asked me for more information about the feature. (A feature which within weeks of Apple's announcement, was announced to be on Android and Windows phones alike, so most of the market would have this feature.)

I've attached the concept art I had thrown together too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jets Passbook.jpg‎ (269.0 KB, 13 views)

wpglax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:52 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 516
The primary can send the tickets to your account. They then become yours and you can print them. You can also send them to someone else if you are in turn giving/selling to a friend.

Someone giving you a printed ticket instead of sending the game to your account electronically will be something to be looked upon with skepticism unless you know/trust the person completely.

Last edited by broinwhyteridge: 01-15-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: missing a t
broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:54 AM
jungles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
So there will be no charge to print your own tickets. Any mention on other ways for groups to share the tickets without a charge?

I still want to see a free electronic way for each member of the group to own their games in the system.

I am in a group. If all I end up getting is pieces of paper with my games on them that my friend printed, if I end up having to sell that game at the last moment, I would still need to call him up and have him do that for me right? And then he would get the $ and have to send it to me, yada, yada, yada.

IMO, TNSE needs to create a process that allows each member of the group to electronically own each game that they own within the group.
They have precisely that. As the account owner, I have already forwarded my tickets electronically to the people in my group. They get an account showing all their tickets, from which they have to the power to forward them on to someone else, print them, or sell them on SeatExchange. Once I have forwarded tickets to a group member, the card can no longer be used for those games, so the tickets effectively belong to the recipient.

It is actually pretty slick, to be honest. My only two complaints about the new system are the fact that we don't get nice keepsakes (minor complaint), and the fact that the card acts as our discount card at Jets Gear, which makes it riskier to give out to group members for shopping purposes (since, as the account holder, that card also has my tickets tied to it).

jungles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
bluefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungles View Post
They have precisely that. As the account owner, I have already forwarded my tickets electronically to the people in my group. They get an account showing all their tickets, from which they have to the power to forward them on to someone else, print them, or sell them on SeatExchange. Once I have forwarded tickets to a group member, the card can no longer be used for those games, so the tickets effectively belong to the recipient.

It is actually pretty slick, to be honest. My only two complaints about the new system are the fact that we don't get nice keepsakes (minor complaint), and the fact that the card acts as our discount card at Jets Gear, which makes it riskier to give out to group members for shopping purposes (since, as the account holder, that card also has my tickets tied to it).
So where do I go to make said account? I share tickets with a buddy too but he's at work and I can't get in touch with him right now.

bluefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
So it appears as though I'm the only person who didn't get his season ticket page yet?

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:13 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Season Tickets press conference

The Jets unveiled a new system which is causing some consternation and confusion with fans. The new system features a credit card style instead of a traditional paper ticket.

Fans are concerned with the news system and so Jim Ludlow, President & Chief Executive Officer of True North addressed those concerns in today’s press conference.

To listen click here.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
RonJon

Quote:

Ludlow expained that any tickets you have forwarded and then printed by the person you sent it to can be used in Jet stores for discount purposes. So you don't have to hand out your card.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:

Excellent! I noticed people were talking about being free to print, but I hadn't seen a comment about being free to transfer within the group.

Printing costs and transferring costs to groups were my only gripes.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:28 PM
RonJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
So where do I go to make said account? I share tickets with a buddy too but he's at work and I can't get in touch with him right now.
When he forwards games to you you will be asked to make an account at that point.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
bluefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
When he forwards games to you you will be asked to make an account at that point.
Coolios, thanks.

bluefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:43 PM
BlueCalgary63

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaveJesus View Post
Well enjoy spending $112.50 for 45 games to PRINT off the tickets you paid for next year.
I understand the dislike for the new system. However I think it's unfair to quote the largest ticket transfer expense possible for the sake of argument when you can get the printed tickets for less ($100) and be in exactly the same position as last season in regards to convenience.

BlueCalgary63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 300
The Jets have become chintzy and low class

This ticket fiasco bugs me. Season ticket holders have paid for tickets, they should get tickets. Going back to Moose days they have had the option to email tickets to other people so acting like this is a new feature for "convenience" is bull. Just a chintzy way to pass on costs and screw us out of money.

I want Ticketmaster banned. Their fees are ridiculous and sometimes you have to pay those even when tickets are bought at the arena.

I hate having a bloody card for every store in my wallet and now the Jets want me to add one more. I feel like crapping in Chipman's cornflakes.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:00 PM
SensibleGuy

I wish I had a season ticket card in my wallet.

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 50

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

somewhat different situation but I think this slightly applies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Well a few months back I wrote a very evidence-based, logical retort on why it's not only fine morally for them to do this, but dumb economically for them to NOT do this... Especially when there is a willing market for it who do find the utility to be within their values of it...

but instead this time I'm going to go for another route...

Wah. The current economical landscape doesn't cater to my sentimentality... They are so greedy for wanting me to pay money but I'm not greedy to want it for free.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:04 PM
bromine

Crap in Chipman's cornflakes? Seriously?

Remember 1997-2010?

bromine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:06 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 880
Overreact much? How dare they attempt to make it more convenient!

If you need physical tickets so bad, just pay to have them printed for you. There are options to satisfy all of your complaints.

There are MUCH bigger problems in the world than this.

#firstworldproblems

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:08 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
This ticket fiasco bugs me. Season ticket holders have paid for tickets, they should get tickets. Going back to Moose days they have had the option to email tickets to other people so acting like this is a new feature for "convenience" is bull. Just a chintzy way to pass on costs and screw us out of money.

I want Ticketmaster banned. Their fees are ridiculous and sometimes you have to pay those even when tickets are bought at the arena.

I hate having a bloody card for every store in my wallet and now the Jets want me to add one more. I feel like crapping in Chipman's cornflakes.
...but they have waived 100% of those costs this year and into the future.

So bottom line is a plastic card instead of paper tickets. Much ado about nothing IMO.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote