HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton S14

Old
01-07-2013, 09:39 AM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
Easton S14

So I snapped my reebok 11k yesterday and was planning on picking up an RS and my local sports shop. I stopped into sportchek (where i don't buy my sticks) And noticed the S14 was on sale for 79$. I had a 50$ gift card in my wallet so said what the hell i'll try it out and if it sucks i'll just go buy the RS. What info does anybody have on this stick?

Is the s14 even made anymore? If not is there another stick in it's place? How would you compare the S14 to a reebok 11k. I'm assuming it isn't as good but if it matches up at all I'll stick with it. Will there be that much difference in the s14 and the RS. I don't need a stick any better than my old 11k, but i don't want anything worse. Any information you guys have on the s14 would be appreciated. I cant find any info online, hockey monkey doesn't even sell it.

kento19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:35 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
The S14 is an SMU product for that company and sits (within the S19 line) around the S15 level if not slightly below. It's an upper-middle end stick that is pretty decent for that level and even more so on sale, but won't stack up to your 11K.

For a top-end stick at 79, look at the TPS R8 that's also on sale. Avoid the EQ40 if you can.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:16 PM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
The S14 is an SMU product for that company and sits (within the S19 line) around the S15 level if not slightly below. It's an upper-middle end stick that is pretty decent for that level and even more so on sale, but won't stack up to your 11K.

For a top-end stick at 79, look at the TPS R8 that's also on sale. Avoid the EQ40 if you can.
ok thanks! I'm not worrying about cost. I just saw the sale and since i had a gift card i figured why not give it a shot. If it doesn't stack up to what I need i think i'll just get the rs.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The EQ40 might have been the worst upper-mid-level stick ever made.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
what are your thoughts on the s14 Jarick?

When my twig snapped my buddy let me use his ST for the rest of the game. I hated it. It was like shooting with a block of wood. Will i find the s14 to be the same way?

Old
01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

No opinions, I've never used any Stealth stick actually. Would like to try them but other appealing ones jump out at me every time I buy.

The ST's do feel very stiff and unresponsive from what I've played with them. I think the S14 will be an okay stick for the money but if you are used to good sticks, just put the money towards a good stick on clearance if at all possible.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:14 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Agreed wholeheartedly. I don't mind recommending them to beer leaguers or house leaguers, but even for $80, I would point towards the Warrior AK, S14 and R8 for that price, which is absolutely phenomenal for those 3 aforementioned sticks, particularly the R8.

Heck, we have One60s on for $60 and I would rather go for those than the EQ40.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote