HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bills Off-Season 2013 Style (Wilson, Barnett, McGee released, T Jackson re-signed)

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 01:10 AM
SoFFacet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I don't care about the word "elite" or otherwise.

The question is, can you win a SB with _____ as the QB.

Flacco proved yes. He didn't have an unreal defense (Ravens D was rather mediocre this year...and it showed in that 2nd half). He had a good RB for sure, and he had solid receivers--but you can argue that's a prerequisite for any champion. But at the end of the day...a team built around Joe Flacco could, and did, win the Super Bowl.

There are plenty of QBs out there on Flacco's level that you could win with--some easier than others for sure. The Bills don't have one though.
The question is, what exactly is it about the Ravens that allowed them to win with Flacco? Most people agree this was the weakest Ravens D in years. The receivers are pretty good, but other teams have better. Rice is good but definitely not the deciding factor in any postseason victory (hell, is it just me or does Caldwell seem to prefer Pierce?). Is it all coaching?

Old
02-04-2013, 01:17 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
The question is, what exactly is it about the Ravens that allowed them to win with Flacco? Most people agree this was the weakest Ravens D in years. The receivers are pretty good, but other teams have better. Rice is good but definitely not the deciding factor in any postseason victory (hell, is it just me or does Caldwell seem to prefer Pierce?). Is it all coaching?
Being Healthy the Ravens Offensive Weapons compliment each other perfectly. Ravens can line up in 2WR, 2TE 1RB or 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/FB formats and have success because Torrey Smith is a prototypical spread the field WR and Boldin is the Big-bodied Downs receiver. Dickson and Pitta are both good at blocking and receiving (SF used cover 4 and got burned by Pitta's Speed). Rice is a powerful back and Pierce is a shifty back.... this team also has a REALLY good OL.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:28 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I was happy to see Baltimore win, but SF last play on offense the refs def should have called holding....

Old
02-04-2013, 04:35 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Being Healthy the Ravens Offensive Weapons compliment each other perfectly. Ravens can line up in 2WR, 2TE 1RB or 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/FB formats and have success because Torrey Smith is a prototypical spread the field WR and Boldin is the Big-bodied Downs receiver. Dickson and Pitta are both good at blocking and receiving (SF used cover 4 and got burned by Pitta's Speed). Rice is a powerful back and Pierce is a shifty back.... this team also has a REALLY good OL.
Yeah, good post. But it all comes full circle - you need the QB who's good enough to be able to identify the proper read on each play, to be able to stretch the field with a good deep ball, etc. etc.

All the weapons in the world aren't anything without someone getting them the ball, of course.

The OL played awesome in the playoffs. That jumble did wonders, per all accounts + what you saw on the field.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:00 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
I was happy to see Baltimore win, but SF last play on offense the refs def should have called holding....
I thought it was a penalty but to be fair Kaepernick had to rush the throw and it wasn't an obvious call... with that said, Ray Lewis winning another super bowl makes me sick. How anyone can like that scum bag P.O.S is beyond me. OJ 2.0.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

Quote:
there was also a blatant helmet-to-helmet hit on a defenseless receiver on the previous play.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:07 PM
whiplash

UGH. No football for 6 months. And the Sabres don't look like they'll be any relief. Offseason sucks

Old
02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
UGH. No football for 6 months. And the Sabres don't look like they'll be any relief. Offseason sucks
Ugh, 6 months of 11-5 predictions.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Seriously. People crack jokes about this stuff, but that sort of crap happens every year. Being a ticket salesperson over at OBD is the easiest job ever, you can slap a Buffalo logo on just about anything and people from Buffalo will fall over each other trying to buy it.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:22 PM
johnjm22

These people on WGR that want Stevie cut/traded are complete idiots.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:46 PM
boots electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
I thought it was a penalty but to be fair Kaepernick had to rush the throw and it wasn't an obvious call... with that said, Ray Lewis winning another super bowl makes me sick. How anyone can like that scum bag P.O.S is beyond me. OJ 2.0.
Why is this still a thing? Honestly, people who keep spouting this stuff need to review the actual facts of the case. Ray Lewis didn't kill anybody. The only piece of evidence suggesting he was an active participant in the fight/killing was the testimony of a literal con artist. He did something stupid and told his friends to be quiet, which is an objectively bad thing, but he didn't murder anybody.

If you're going to choose to hate the guy, at least hate him for the right thing

Old
02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Why is this still a thing? Honestly, people who keep spouting this stuff need to review the actual facts of the case. Ray Lewis didn't kill anybody. The only piece of evidence suggesting he was an active participant in the fight/killing was the testimony of a literal con artist. He did something stupid and told his friends to be quiet, which is an objectively bad thing, but he didn't murder anybody.

If you're going to choose to hate the guy, at least hate him for the right thing
There are a couple facts you are missing like he got into a fight earlier with those people and his shirt mysteriously went missing. Plus he was around where the tw ok guys were killed.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:19 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

We're never going to know what really happened that night. Everything is speculation, but what we do know is he pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice.

Did he commit the murder or did he just help cover it up? That question is likely to remain forever unanswered.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:22 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Oh, I'll be ready when the time comes

Old
02-04-2013, 05:55 PM
boots electric

Quote:
There are a couple facts you are missing like he got into a fight earlier with those people and his shirt mysteriously went missing. Plus he was around where the tw ok guys were killed.
He was around where the two guys were killed and...a bunch of eye witnesses said they never him with a weapon at any point.

Seriously, to call this OJ 2.0 is hyperbole to the max. One is a case where there was mountains of physical evidence, the other is a case where there is absolutely no physical evidence at all.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Luceni

Just a question:

Can you see the bills entering the playoffs next season? Is it realistic?

Old
02-04-2013, 06:41 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Just a question:

Nope. Unless they pull off a move to get a good quarterback, no chance with Fitz or a rookie or anything currently available IMO.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:13 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
He was around where the two guys were killed and...a bunch of eye witnesses said they never him with a weapon at any point.

Seriously, to call this OJ 2.0 is hyperbole to the max. One is a case where there was mountains of physical evidence, the other is a case where there is absolutely no physical evidence at all.
Yes because after you kill someone you walk around with the murder weapon... actually sounds like OJ but lets drop it.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Just a question:

They won't make it but there is a chance realistically.

Right now I have the Patriots and Broncos as locks and Houston is pretty safe.... after that I don't know. The Ravens will take a step back with the loss of Lewis, Steelers aren't elite any more. Don't know what to think about the Colts. So the Bills could be in the mix with the Jets, Ravens, Steelers for the last playoff spot.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

Quote:
Just a question:

not a chance.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Quote:
Just a question:

Lol, no

Quote:
Right now I have the Patriots and Broncos as locks and Houston is pretty safe.... after that I don't know. The Ravens will take a step back with the loss of Lewis, Steelers aren't elite any more. Don't know what to think about the Colts. So the Bills could be in the mix with the Jets, Ravens, Steelers for the last playoff spot.
... until Week 10, when we're mathematically eliminated.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
boots electric

Quote:
Yes because after you kill someone you walk around with the murder weapon... actually sounds like OJ but lets drop it.
Yes, I suppose we can drop it now that you've spun what I said in the most nonsensical way possible.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
They won't make it but there is a chance realistically.

The Jets are contending for nothing but a Top 5 pick.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:00 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
We're never going to know what really happened that night. Everything is speculation, but what we do know is he pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice.

Did he commit the murder or did he just help cover it up? That question is likely to remain forever unanswered.
Somebody has the answer. It's just how much were they paid to shutup and if that will ever run out.

Google a guy named Reginald Oakley, has an interestingt book coming out on this.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:03 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
there was also a blatant helmet-to-helmet hit on a defenseless receiver on the previous play.
How much did they pay off the refs? These were pretty obvious to everyone and their madre. Also probably could have been a penalty on the 2 pointer.

I just don't get SF. 2nd half they were UNSTOPPABLE. If they were like that in half one they easily win.

Closed Thread