HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: The Neverending Story

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 08:00 AM
  #876
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
As he should be. Im not even sure the Canucks make the playoffs if Kesler is out for some long amount of time, knowing how slow our club always starts.
you need some Tim Connolly in your life

bobbyflex is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:03 AM
  #877
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,793
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
you need some Tim Connolly in your life
I think the Bozak is a much better target. if Kesler ever suffers a career ending injury, we could always flip him for Stastny straight up.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:22 AM
  #878
Smif
Registered User
 
Smif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Agreed.

I almost spit out my morning coffee all over my laptop.

Grabo is not going anywhere.
One of the biggest overreactions ever. Burke would ship out Grabo in a heartbeat if there was a good deal for him. You make it sound like he's untouchable in Toronto.

Smif is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:24 AM
  #879
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
One of the biggest overreactions ever. Burke would ship out Grabo in a heartbeat if there was a good deal for him. You make it sound like he's untouchable in Toronto.
For Luongo?

Yes, yes, he is untouchable if it's just Luongo coming back.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:25 AM
  #880
Smif
Registered User
 
Smif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
For Luongo?

Yes, yes, he is untouchable if it's just Luongo coming back.
How much more would you expect back exactly?

Smif is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:25 AM
  #881
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Scott Morrison was on the Fan 590 this morning at around 0735 hours.

He said that Mike Gillis is in a rush to move Roberto Luongo.

Morrison said that Gillis wants to get that 5M+ contract off the books and avoid the drama of having Schneider/Lu duo.

Oh, before you question Morrison's credibility... he's in the Hall of Fame.
He may be in a rush to move Roberto but that doesn't mean he will move him for scraps either. I have a feeling Luongo will get a tiny bit of value back in a trade, but Mike Gillis will hold on to him until he feels he has a respectable deal.

BTW, anyone else feeling that a team is going to come out of left field that isn't Toronto or Florida and successfully trade for Roberto?

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:35 AM
  #882
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf
 
Spazmatic Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chatham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
For Luongo?

Yes, yes, he is untouchable if it's just Luongo coming back.
I don't think Grabovski for Luongo is bad necessarily.

Problem is we're short on top six centers as it is. Without Grabo we have...well none really.

Spazmatic Dan is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:35 AM
  #883
HFX902
Registered User
 
HFX902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
He may be in a rush to move Roberto but that doesn't mean he will move him for scraps either. I have a feeling Luongo will get a tiny bit of value back in a trade, but Mike Gillis will hold on to him until he feels he has a respectable deal.

BTW, anyone else feeling that a team is going to come out of left field that isn't Toronto or Florida and successfully trade for Roberto?
February 24 Toronto vs Baltimore Orioles

HFX902 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:36 AM
  #884
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
How much more would you expect back exactly?
Based on what I'm willing to give up for Luongo, the value I put on Grabovski and the fact that I'm not willing to move our #1 centre to fill a hole like goaltending, quite a bit more.

Grabovski can only be moved if you're upgrading to a true #1 centre.

Trading Grabo for any goaltender would mean that our top 4 centres would be...

Tyler Bozak
Nazem Kadri
Tim Connolly
Jay McClement

No thanks.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
  #885
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
For Luongo?

Yes, yes, he is untouchable if it's just Luongo coming back.
The value of the trade is fine. Luongo is a better player than Grabovski around 3 fold.

You make it sound like I am saying we should send Raymond for Kessel.

It's your teams deficiencies that make it an unlikely trade. Not the players involved in the proposal.

MISC* is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:42 AM
  #886
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,793
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
He may be in a rush to move Roberto but that doesn't mean he will move him for scraps either. I have a feeling Luongo will get a tiny bit of value back in a trade, but Mike Gillis will hold on to him until he feels he has a respectable deal.

BTW, anyone else feeling that a team is going to come out of left field that isn't Toronto or Florida and successfully trade for Roberto?
Well, since players on the LITR can't be bought out, that means Philly can't buy ouy Pronger, so Bryzgalov is the only option available to them.

So...

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:44 AM
  #887
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
The value of the trade is fine. Luongo is a better player than Grabovski around 3 fold.

You make it sound like I am saying we should send Raymond for Kessel.

It's your teams deficiencies that make it an unlikely trade. Not the players involved in the proposal.
It's not our team defeciencies it's our teams depth, theres a big difference. With that being said I think the value of a grabo lou trade would be fair because of lous contract but like the other poster said it's just not possible with our center depth.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
  #888
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
It's not our team defeciencies it's our teams depth, theres a big difference. With that being said I think the value of a grabo lou trade would be fair because of lous contract but like the other poster said it's just not possible with our center depth.
Not having depth at C is a deficiency. It's just semantics.

MISC* is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM
  #889
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
The value of the trade is fine. Luongo is a better player than Grabovski around 3 fold.

You make it sound like I am saying we should send Raymond for Kessel.

It's your teams deficiencies that make it an unlikely trade. Not the players involved in the proposal.
Even then, I would have a difficult time giving up Mikhail Grabovski for Luongo.

Luongo's contract is a serious issue for me. I would give up more for him if he had 3-4 years remaining. But that is not the case. There is no way being tied down by that contract for another 10 years is an attractive situation to give up anything more than 70 cents on the dollar for Lu.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM
  #890
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,315
vCash: 500
Luongo + Raymond
for
Bozak + Kulemin + pick/prospect


Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Raymond
MacArthur-Connolly-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown

dannyboy8920 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
  #891
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,793
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Luongo + Raymond
for
Bozak + Kulemin + pick/prospect


Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Raymond
MacArthur-Connolly-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown
If the pick/prospect were Kadri or a 1st, then I could live with that.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
  #892
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Even then, I would have a difficult time giving up Mikhail Grabovski for Luongo.

Luongo's contract is a serious issue for me. I would give up more for him if he had 3-4 years remaining. But that is not the case. There is no way being tied down by that contract for another 10 years is an attractive situation to give up anything more than 70 cents on the dollar for Lu.
Henrik Sedin makes 6.1 million.

Ryan Kesler makes 5 million.

Grabovski has a 5.5 million dollar cap hit.

He isn't exactly a bargain deal himself.

MISC* is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:58 AM
  #893
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If the pick/prospect were Kadri or a 1st, then I could live with that.
I don't see burke giving up a package of bozak, kuley, and kadri/2013 1st. I see it more along the lines of a bozak, colborne, franson +2nd rd or a bozak, liles, ashton deal.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:59 AM
  #894
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Luongo + Raymond
for
Bozak + Kulemin + pick/prospect


Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Raymond
MacArthur-Connolly-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown
Bozak + MacArthur + Prospect* + 2nd Round Pick
for
Luongo + Raymond

* - Prospect could be one of Jesse Blacker OR Jerry D'Amigo OR Carter Ashton.

JVR - Grabovski - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
Raymond - Connolly - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Brown

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
  #895
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,793
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
I don't see burke giving up a package of bozak, kuley, and kadri/2013 1st. I see it more along the lines of a bozak, colborne, franson +2nd rd or a bozak, liles, ashton deal.
We don't need Liles whatsoever. If we have Bozak than Colborne becomes redundant, as we'd have a backlog of centres vying for the 3C spot with Bozak, Schroeder, and Colborne. Franson has some throw in value, but not much, and Ashton would be behind Kassian and Jensen on the depth chart, so no thank you.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
  #896
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If the pick/prospect were Kadri or a 1st, then I could live with that.
Sorry. it would be no dice on that one. at least IMO.

2nd would be the highest, or maybe someone like Ashton, Blacker, Holzer.

This is a tough trade to reach middle ground on , for the fans. That is why IF it does go down there will be a firefight.

Canuck fans want our top forward prospect, who is ready to make the jump this year - or a 1st. The Leafs are not in the position to move any of those pieces and if that is the price, Burke should walk. As mentioned a million times, we aren't a goalie away; nor does it make sense stripping down our future.

Leaf fans want Lu for next to nothing. He is a top goalie in the league; and Canuck fans are willing to just hang onto him until something gives. Florida is likely the better option.

dannyboy8920 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
  #897
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Bozak + MacArthur + Prospect* + 2nd Round Pick
for
Luongo + Raymond

* - Prospect could be one of Jesse Blacker OR Jerry D'Amigo OR Carter Ashton.

JVR - Grabovski - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
Raymond - Connolly - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Brown
MacArthur isn't much of an upgrade on Raymond and is a pending UFA. Trading Luongo for Bozak (another pending UFA), and a C prospect/2nd round pick is terrible value. Gillis wouldn't have held out all summer to accept a trade like that.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:12 AM
  #898
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
MacArthur isn't much of an upgrade on Raymond and is a pending UFA. Trading Luongo for Bozak (another pending UFA), and a C prospect/2nd round pick is terrible value. Gillis wouldn't have held out all summer to accept a trade like that.
Bozak and MacArthur have a lot of chemistry.

Slotting them in the 3LW and 3C roles would be smart for the Canucks. MacArthur would be a noticeable upgrade over Raymond.

MacArthur: 105 points in 155 games (last 2 seasons)
Raymond: 59 points in 125 games (last 2 seasons)

Over the 2 seasons, MacArthur played an average of 1 minute more per game.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:16 AM
  #899
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,222
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Bozak and MacArthur have a lot of chemistry.

Slotting them in the 3LW and 3C roles would be smart for the Canucks. MacArthur would be a noticeable upgrade over Raymond.

MacArthur: 105 points in 155 games (last 2 seasons)
Raymond: 59 points in 125 games (last 2 seasons)

Over the 2 seasons, MacArthur played an average of 1 minute more per game.
It's not a big enough upgrade to justify trading Luongo. You don't give up a top 5 goalie for third liners who are pending UFA. Plus we already have Higgins who's likely taking the 3LW spot.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:27 AM
  #900
Minimalist*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Bozak and MacArthur have a lot of chemistry.

Slotting them in the 3LW and 3C roles would be smart for the Canucks. MacArthur would be a noticeable upgrade over Raymond.

MacArthur: 105 points in 155 games (last 2 seasons)
Raymond: 59 points in 125 games (last 2 seasons)

Over the 2 seasons, MacArthur played an average of 1 minute more per game.
Vancouver has no interest in MacArthur. What team need does he address? He won't crack our 2nd line, and we have better checkers than him on the third. A completely illogical offer that makes zero sense from Van's perspective.

Minimalist* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.