HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2012 CBA/Lockout talk Part VIII..IT'S OVER!!!!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
  #376
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 20,251
vCash: 50
I was dead sound asleep this morning when the phone rang. I was ready to tear whoever it was on the other end a new @$$hole when I heard my mother's voice saying "wake up the lockout is over!!!" I wanted to hug her right through the phone. talk about a mood swing

Thanks to all who provided us with good solid information & discussion.

Now- LET'S GO BRUINS!!!

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
  #377
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 33,900
vCash: 50
Awards:
(switch to season mode)



**** the Habs !



There, I'm good to go.............

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
  #378
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Is anyone more upset about the lockout ending than WEEI? Especially if the Celtics keep up their lackluster play.

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
  #379
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Thanks guys.

Oh, and also this:

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Not to belabor the obvious, but this agreement is suspiciously close to the PA's Dec. 6 proposal to which the NHL responded with a tantrum.
I guess brooksie forgot about the $ saved in salaries and expenses between then and now

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
  #380
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I was dead sound asleep this morning when the phone rang. I was ready to tear whoever it was on the other end a new @$$hole when I heard my mother's voice saying "wake up the lockout is over!!!" I wanted to hug her right through the phone. talk about a mood swing
that is so awesome.

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:40 AM
  #381
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 500
cant wait to see this schedule/
how many home games per week are they gonna cram into this?
Ill be lucky to get to 20% of these games.
They should give a refund if they schedule 3 or 4 home games per week for the season.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:42 AM
  #382
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
The obligatory bad news tweet.

...Right?
How is that bad news? Just thought it was funny and interesting, especially since he has been discussed in here a lot.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
  #383
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong
 
Topshelf8188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
LOL ESPN is saying hockey is behind Cricket and they are bashing thier TV deal typical ESPN Don't cover one lick of it once it is back gotta destroy it lets have all of our baskettball analysts debate wethere hockey is behind Cricket oh well.
ESPN is terrible.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
  #384
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Is anyone more upset about the lockout ending than WEEI? Especially if the Celtics keep up their lackluster play.
Man, you're obsessive in your hatred for that station.

schmautzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:53 AM
  #385
Number8
Registered User
 
Number8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
LOL ESPN is saying hockey is behind Cricket and they are bashing thier TV deal typical ESPN Don't cover one lick of it once it is back gotta destroy it lets have all of our baskettball analysts debate wethere hockey is behind Cricket oh well.
In all fairness, that's what you get when you habitually run your business like a minor league Mickey Mouse outfit.

I, like everyone here, is thrilled the deal is done and NHL hockey will start again. However, that doesn't change the fact that the NHL is a farce and SERIOUSLY needs to get its house in order.

After multiple and repetitive work stoppages, expect a bunch of basketball analysts to compare you to cricket.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:54 AM
  #386
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,033
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
NHL isn't covering this surprise surprise.
Almost all the staff at NHL Newtork was laid off during lockout

They have as far as I know completely shutdown there live shows as result ,, So coverage of press conference wasn't an option

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:55 AM
  #387
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 21,854
vCash: 500
Thank christ!


TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
  #388
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,085
vCash: 500
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...ne-irreparable

Wow. Great read, but infuriating.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:00 PM
  #389
Mione134
Registered User
 
Mione134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 10,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
(switch to season mode)



**** the Habs !



There, I'm good to go.............
Bingo.

Also include the Pens, Nucks, Rangers,Laughs,Stars, and everyone else in our way!



Can't wait for the first fight by Lucic. I feel like its going to be a good one you guys. Ive missed it.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:00 PM
  #390
Sigh
Snowflake
 
Sigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,607
vCash: 1415
I'm annoyed with myself for being as excited as I am.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:07 PM
  #391
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,103
vCash: 500
I wanted so bad to be "meh", but I'm so excited holyyyyyyyy ***************JJEFO*ijwaoijefoiawjiweojaieowjioaw jriojaweioieojjeLET'SGOBRUINSCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP

David Krejci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
  #392
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Only infuriating if you buy into it.

Like December 21st and the whole Mayan calendar thing I think some people are happy to have an "end of the world" scenario to ponder on. Hockey is back, no lost season, and fans will come back because they always do. A few will say they won't, and some may very well not, but many will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Thanks guys.

Oh, and also this:

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Not to belabor the obvious, but this agreement is suspiciously close to the PA's Dec. 6 proposal to which the NHL responded with a tantrum.
It's actually close to both with both sides giving a bit. NHL got their 10 year CBA, players very nearly got their total cap hit in year 2, they met in the middle on contract term, players got the variance increased but had to accept a 50% max variance on the highest year...

All give and take.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:12 PM
  #393
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,549
vCash: 500
Amidst the euphoria, last two cents: Of course I'll watch, and root for the B's. My emnity toward the owners, especially Jacobs, remains total.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
  #394
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Amidst the euphoria, last two cents: Of course I'll watch, and root for the B's. My emnity toward the owners, especially Jacobs, remains total.
I never boo anyone at any sporting event.
I would enjoy booing this guy at a cup raising almost as much as the win.

schmautzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
  #395
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Only infuriating if you buy into it.

Like December 21st and the whole Mayan calendar thing I think some people are happy to have an "end of the world" scenario to ponder on. Hockey is back, no lost season, and fans will come back because they always do. A few will say they won't, and some may very well not, but many will.



It's actually close to both with both sides giving a bit. NHL got their 10 year CBA, players very nearly got their total cap hit in year 2, they met in the middle on contract term, players got the variance increased but had to accept a 50% max variance on the highest year...

All give and take.
Buy into what? You don't trust Burnsides reporting? That McDonalds thing alone blew my mind.

As for Brooks tweet, exactly, hive and take, but Bettman blew up and walked away at that point, yet if they kept negotiating maybe this ends a month ago.

Fehr said they were close.....

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
  #396
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,197
vCash: 500
i'm not spending a dollar on them this year.

center ice? nope. i would expect a gesture of "good will" towards the fans and just giving center ice away this year. i'm not going to a game this year either. not buying anything. i'll watch it if it's on nbcsports, since i pay for that network anyway, but i'm not giving them a dime.

petty? sure. the voice of one fan? maybe. but after a half-season is lost and the league has possibly irrevocably damaged its relationship with its fans...i'm both happy and pissed off that they're coming back.

37 days until pitchers and catchers.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:20 PM
  #397
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i'm not spending a dollar on them this year.

center ice? nope. i would expect a gesture of "good will" towards the fans and just giving center ice away this year. i'm not going to a game this year either. not buying anything. i'll watch it if it's on nbcsports, since i pay for that network anyway, but i'm not giving them a dime.

petty? sure. the voice of one fan? maybe. but after a half-season is lost and the league has possibly irrevocably damaged its relationship with its fans...i'm both happy and pissed off that they're coming back.

37 days until pitchers and catchers.
Preach my brother!

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:23 PM
  #398
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Solid article, thanks for the link.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
  #399
Number8
Registered User
 
Number8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Buy into what? You don't trust Burnsides reporting? That McDonalds thing alone blew my mind.

As for Brooks tweet, exactly, hive and take, but Bettman blew up and walked away at that point, yet if they kept negotiating maybe this ends a month ago.

Fehr said they were close.....
Mike, I agree with you 100%.

McDonalds walking is a big deal in and of itself.

Further, athough fans will come back, other sponsors will wait to see how quickly they do and, in the event they choose NHL, will negotiate favorable deals.

Thrilled the deal is done -- however it doesn't change the fact that this farce will have long lasting effects.

Notice to NHL...... don't let initial relief/happiness from fans deter you from the fact that you need to get your house in order once and for all.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
  #400
RunFromTheBear
Registered User
 
RunFromTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i'm not spending a dollar on them this year.

center ice? nope. i would expect a gesture of "good will" towards the fans and just giving center ice away this year. i'm not going to a game this year either. not buying anything. i'll watch it if it's on nbcsports, since i pay for that network anyway, but i'm not giving them a dime.

petty? sure. the voice of one fan? maybe. but after a half-season is lost and the league has possibly irrevocably damaged its relationship with its fans...i'm both happy and pissed off that they're coming back.

37 days until pitchers and catchers.
Pretty sure the Red Sox over the past two seasons have been a bigger disgrace than the NHL lockout.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.