HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

STH renewal 2013-2014 season

Old
03-21-2013, 10:32 PM
OntarioFisherman*

vCash: 500
STH renewal 2013-2014 season

So, I need some help from you guys. I am deciding whether or not to renew my season tickets for next year, but I only really want to if Semin is going to be staying around. If he doesn't come back next year I am pretty much done with this team.

My question is do you think he will be back next year? What do you think I should do? And, what are you guys doing?

OntarioFisherman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Just wait to see if he is resigned.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Novacane
My Hero

I'm saying he's not coming back. Just a gut feeling and trying to keep my hopes down.

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:42 PM
MovesLikeJagr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
I'm saying he's not coming back. Just a gut feeling and trying to keep my hopes down.
I do agree, he might just be the top forward free agent, top teams, especially the penguins, are going to be gunning for him with perry off the market. He'll get 6 million from someone.

Last edited by MovesLikeJagr: 03-21-2013 at 10:52 PM.
MovesLikeJagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHornManifesto View Post
So, I need some help from you guys. I am deciding whether or not to renew my season tickets for next year, but I only really want to if Semin is going to be staying around. If he doesn't come back next year I am pretty much done with this team.

My question is do you think he will be back next year?
No way to tell.

Quote:
What do you think I should do?
If you truly only want to renew if Semin is back, then wait until you find out. If that's what matters most to you, then why renew now? Even if you lose your priority by waiting, it sounds like Semin is what matters to you most.

Quote:
And, what are you guys doing?
I'm going to renew as I have every year without knowing who will be back. I'm not a fan of 1 player, I'm a fan of the team, even when it isn't the best.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Zombie Mike Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
If you truly only want to renew if Semin is back, then wait until you find out. If that's what matters most to you, then why renew now? Even if you lose your priority by waiting, it sounds like Semin is what matters to you most.

There is some stuff that is dependent on renewal date. The 10% Food credit only applies if you renew by April 12th, and that's a pretty decent benefit.

Zombie Mike Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Roboturner913

I'd say if your only basis is whether or not Alex Semin is on the team, then don't renew.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I just feel like if that's your only reason to go to games then it's not worth what it costs. Besides, what if Semin signs a 5 year deal and you re-upped your tickets, and then he got hurt for the whole year? Or traded?

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:46 AM
OntarioFisherman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
I'd say if your only basis is whether or not Alex Semin is on the team, then don't renew.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I just feel like if that's your only reason to go to games then it's not worth what it costs. Besides, what if Semin signs a 5 year deal and you re-upped your tickets, and then he got hurt for the whole year? Or traded?
How it is for me, is the organization makes decisions that I really dislike, making it harder and harder for me to like them. I do not like E Staal, I think hes overrated, overpaid, and above all, a 'captain' not worthy of the tag. Last year they traded one of my favorite players Sutter for another Staal (and a draft pick lol), and got rid of my other favorite player Allen. Before JStaal steps on the ice they make him alternate captain, what a joke.

I think about what this team would look like without Semin and cringe. I don't think I could bear to watch this team without Semin. The problem is that if I don't decide by the deadline I will lose the perks, and also my seat, which is a really great seat.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:55 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Ward View Post
There is some stuff that is dependent on renewal date. The 10% Food credit only applies if you renew by April 12th, and that's a pretty decent benefit.
True, but if the OPs only reason for renewing is if Alex Semin is re-signed, then I am assuming the perks of renewing early are a secondary concern.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:28 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
How it is for me, is the organization makes decisions that I really dislike, making it harder and harder for me to like them. I do not like E Staal, I think hes overrated, overpaid, and above all, a 'captain' not worthy of the tag. Last year they traded one of my favorite players Sutter for another Staal (and a draft pick lol), and got rid of my other favorite player Allen. Before JStaal steps on the ice they make him alternate captain, what a joke.

I think about what this team would look like without Semin and cringe. I don't think I could bear to watch this team without Semin. The problem is that if I don't decide by the deadline I will lose the perks, and also my seat, which is a really great seat.
Was it also a joke when the team did the same for Stillman, who hadn't even been an alternate at any point in his career prior to that?

Last edited by garnetpalmetto: 03-22-2013 at 06:34 AM.
garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Quote:
I havent even seen the pricing for next year....is it the same?

If the deadline is the 12th, is that the payment date, or just the commit date?

Obi Wan LaRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:52 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
At a glance, it seemed to me that prices were generally up.

Just as ominous, though, is that parking is going up from $10 to $15.

Quote:
The date by which you need to put down a deposit in order to get the various perks related with early commitment.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
normalpsychology

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Was it also a joke when the team did the same for Stillman, who hadn't even been an alternate at any point in his career prior to that?
I believe so. I thought Muller was interested in a new brand of hockey. How many times have I heard him say the word "accountability" ? I guess having Staal on your sweater is enough to build up your credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post

I think I've heard tickets going up 20%.

Parking isn't as big an issue as there is ample free parking right around the arena

normalpsychology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Datsyuk Prospect

vCash: 157
I don't get how you can say "I'm pretty much done with this team" just because Semin might not be here next year, seems a bit of an overreaction to me.

I'll be sticking with this team through the thick and thin, even if they're dead last in the NHL.

Datsyuk Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
At a glance, it seemed to me that prices were generally up.

Lennay is right, we're in for roughly 20-25% increase in tickets, depending on where you sit. We're 300-level (I'mma sorry, "Rex Wing") and we're going up about 25%.

I haven't done more than take a cursory glance at all the prices, but I think we're almost to the point where we can move down to a N or S end for not much more.

We could probably afford to sit lower anyway, but I'm a cheap ******* and love to complain about this sort of thing.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Just renewed our miniplan and also purchased parking for our plan.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Boom Boom Anton

So if I read it right, the price in my section (LLS) went up by 9%..but I get a 10% discount for keeping my money with them over the lockout..so it's about the same?

Old
03-22-2013, 02:52 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
So if I read it right, the price in my section (LLS) went up by 9%..but I get a 10% discount for keeping my money with them over the lockout..so it's about the same?
I know, right? I had kind of a WTF moment myself last night when I opened that stupid envelope at 10:30 and started thinking about it.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:55 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
I think that's right. My prices are going up, but not really.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Roboturner913

Quote:

Believe me, I understand how you feel. But you're also lucky....if I had the kind of money and free time it takes to hold season tickets, that's not something I would ever give up just because I was frustrated with the team in the short term. One of my greatest regrets is that I left town two months before the Cup season and was only able to attend a couple of games that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennay Kekua View Post
I believe so. I thought Muller was interested in a new brand of hockey. How many times have I heard him say the word "accountability" ? I guess having Staal on your sweater is enough to build up your credit.
If you're basing it on effort Jordan Staal is probably the last guy on the team to take it out on. I don't care for his pouty lip and slumped shoulders but he is one of the few guys out there right now who's giving a strong effort.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:23 PM
OntarioFisherman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Really. Although, like stated above, there is ample free parking about a 4 minute walk from the paid parking. I was walking from said free parking a few games ago into the stadium and thought about how they are pulling like 150k per game for parking. It blew my mind.

Also how can they expect us to pay more for parking than actual tickets to the game . Thats why I park free.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Zombie Mike Murphy

Quote:
Sounds about right. Where I sit went from $44 to $49. Not planning on renewing. Was on the fence anyway, but with prices going up I _really_ can't afford it.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Sounds about right. Where I sit went from $44 to $49. Not planning on renewing. Was on the fence anyway, but with prices going up I _really_ can't afford it.
Understand. But for me, the price isn't going up due to the 10% discount for leaving my money with them over the lockout. Plus with the 5% interest, it actually goes down (a very small amount)

Old
03-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Zombie Mike Murphy

Don't forget parking going up by ~$140, for the extra little bit of FU Fans.

From $7 pass/$10 gate, to $10 pass/$15 gate.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:07 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

You don't have to pay for parking if you have legs.

halleJOKEL is offline   Reply With Quote