HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Better Goalie Duo Finals (#1 Lundqvist/Biron vs #4 Luongo/Schnieder)

View Poll Results: Which goalie duo would you rather have for one season?
#1 Lundqvist/Biron 66 48.53%
#4 Luongo/Schnieder 70 51.47%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
lboogie42*

vCash: 500
Better Goalie Duo Finals (#1 Lundqvist/Biron vs #4 Luongo/Schnieder)

RULES:Just vote for which goalie duo you would rather have for one season.
NOTE:Please leave off ice activities/age/contract and other things out of the conversation. Just vote for whichever duo you would rather have.

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:30 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

1. Lundqvist
2. Luongo
2b. Schneider
9. Biron

Lundqvist is easily the best goalie here, but Biron is so clearly the fourth best, and by such a large margin, that the Canucks duo has to be the favorite.

You might be able to argue that in the philosophy of a goalie tandem, having a clear-cut #1 and #2 with a moderately capable back-up who has the lack of ego required to accept clear 2nd-string duties would be preferable, but due to the sheer magnitude of talent with the Vancouver options, this really isn't close.

Case in point: If Lundqvist gets injured in game 1 of the regular season, do the Rangers even make the playoffs?

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:35 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Luongo/Schneider for sure. Both are far better than Biron, and the gap is much greater than the gap between Lundqvist and Luongo is.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
MTrangers

Agreed that Biron is by far the 4th best out of 4 and that might make the Canucks duo better on paper. But for a season you will have the best goalie, Lundqvist, play 60-65 games. IMO that is enough of the best goalie in the world to outweigh having only a slightly better than average back up in Biron.

MTrangers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Machinehead
TG15:WoodlandCritter

Rangers fan voting Canucks. The Rangers have a world class starter and a really good backup, but the Canucks have two starters.

Given the choice, I'd just keep our duo since Lundqvist is starting most of the games anyway. But for the purposes of this poll, strictly as duos, I think you have to take the Canucks two starters.

I think you have to consider the duo. Otherwise we might as well just rank the goalies again.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:46 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrangers View Post
Agreed that Biron is by far the 4th best out of 4 and that might make the Canucks duo better on paper. But for a season you will have the best goalie, Lundqvist, play 60-65 games. IMO that is enough of the best goalie in the world to outweigh having only a slightly better than average back up in Biron.
u have to take into account, what if lundy cant play 60-65 games. what if he gets injured in game 1 of the regular season? theyd be lucky to make the playoffs with biron.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
M Gaz
Drink to me

I don't understand why everyone says Schneider is so good. He's played 68 games in his career. That's it. I'd laugh my ass off if he flops when/if Vancouver eventually gets rid of Luongo.

This too gives Hank/Marty an edge:

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Also consider Lundqvist's struggles in the playoffs. He had one of the best teams in the league this year and crapped the bed in the final 3 games against NJ with a 0.865SVP. I don't think he alone is better than Luongo/Schneider to make up for the difference between Luongo/Schneider and Biron.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:58 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
I don't understand why everyone says Schneider is so good. He's played 68 games in his career. That's it. I'd laugh my ass off if he flops when/if Vancouver eventually gets rid of Luongo.

This too gives Hank/Marty an edge:

have u seen him in those 68 games? or even last years games. he was pretty impressive. jus sayin

Old
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Machinehead
TG15:WoodlandCritter

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Also consider Lundqvist's struggles in the playoffs. He had one of the best teams in the league this year and crapped the bed in the final 3 games against NJ with a 0.865SVP. I don't think he alone is better than Luongo/Schneider to make up for the difference between Luongo/Schneider and Biron.
Why do you bring up goalies crapping the bed in the playoffs and then complain when people bring up Luongo in the playoffs?

That's like spitting on the biggest guy on the other team and then wondering why you got your ass kicked.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
Because people watch him play and recognize his talent. It's yet to be determined whether or not he can keep up his gaudy stats over a full season, but he's arguably as talented as any goalie in the league. He just needs to prove it once he gets his chance as a starter.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:01 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Why do you bring up goalies crapping the bed in the playoffs and then complain when people bring up Luongo in the playoffs?

That's like spitting on the biggest guy on the other team and then wondering why you got your ass kicked.
Hey, I'm okay if people want to say that both goalies have performed pretty much on an equal level in the playoffs.

01-03-2013, 03:03 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
not defending him, cuz i dont really like him, but it doesnt help when hes facing the best team in the league!!! go devils!!

Old
01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
CanucksSayEh

Lundy is #1, but for the purpose and meaning of this poll, It's the Nucks duo. Pretty easily too.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:10 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh View Post
Lundy is #1, but for the purpose and meaning of this poll, It's the Nucks duo. Pretty easily too.
This. If we have shortened season with lots of back-to-backers, Van duo for me.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:14 PM
CanucksSayEh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
This. If we have shortened season with lots of back-to-backers, Van duo for me.
True that, a compact season would make such a duo very valuable.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Noob616

Lundqvist>Luongo>Schneider>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Biro n

Vancouver duo for me because of how much better they both are compared to Biron.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
M Gaz
Drink to me

Quote:
Lundqvist crapping the bed? he's the reason we were in the ECF in the first place. The rest of the team was playing with their heads up their *****.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:28 PM
bigbuffalo313

Quote:
Luongo is the goalie on the team that won the Presidents Trophy and he didn't make it out of the first round. Your argument is almost as bad as the person who tried to say that Florida did better than the Rangers in the playoffs.

bigbuffalo313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
HavlatMach9

Luongo's pair is resistant to injury and workload, but I prefer taking the risk easily and take Lundqvist/whoever into the playoffs.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Had you watched the games, you wouldn't post nonsense.

Quote:
Hey, I'm okay if people want to say that both goalies have performed pretty much on an equal level in the playoffs.
Luongo's a joke when it comes to the playoffs. Everyone, including many Nuck fans have no problem stating this.

Lundqvist on the other hand, was praised by Caps fans, Devils fans, and Flyers fans repeatedly for keeping his pathetic teams ass in games they had no business being.

Last season was the best line-up the Rangers iced in front of Lundqvist, and he had his best season yet. And those final three games of the year against the Devils was lopsided. Devils outskated, outhit, outmuscled, and outworked the Rangers. Lundqvist was the only reason why the games weren't blowouts.

But what would you know. You proved you didn't watch the games. Instead, you googled his stats and made pretend you knew what the hell you were talking about.

I don't think you fooled many people though.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:42 PM
jw2

Quote:
Wrong thread.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:43 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Luongo's pair is resistant to injury and workload, but I prefer taking the risk easily and take Lundqvist/whoever into the playoffs.
This.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:07 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post

Luongo's a joke when it comes to the playoffs. Everyone, including many Nuck fans have no problem stating this.

Lundqvist on the other hand, was praised by Caps fans, Devils fans, and Flyers fans repeatedly for keeping his pathetic teams ass in games they had no business being.

Last season was the best line-up the Rangers iced in front of Lundqvist, and he had his best season yet. And those final three games of the year against the Devils was lopsided. Devils outskated, outhit, outmuscled, and outworked the Rangers. Lundqvist was the only reason why the games weren't blowouts.

But what would you know. You proved you didn't watch the games. Instead, you googled his stats and made pretend you knew what the hell you were talking about.

Funny how your excuses for Lundqvist, when used to defend Luongo are blown off, yet for Lundqvist they're somehow valid.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:08 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post

well said

the audacity to say that Lundqvist is a poor playoff preformer while comparing him to Luongo allow made me spot out my coffee.

Van duo, but King Henrik is >Luongo, especially in the PO

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote