HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Myron Gaines*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Everybody recognizes Gally's talent and his ability to be a great player in the NHL. But nobody mentions how "great" his tournament was 'cause it wasn't. Whether you think it's his fault or not.
He won the gold medal, it was great.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:19 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Everybody recognizes Gally's talent and his ability to be a great player in the NHL. But nobody mentions how "great" his tournament was 'cause it wasn't. Whether you think it's his fault or not.
...So?

Old
01-07-2013, 07:22 PM
poetryinmotion

If he'S not ready he is almost ready, and I feel that he can help the team immediately regardless. It won't hurt his development to be in the NHL imo.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:22 PM
hockeyjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
It doesn't make any sense, Plekanec will be playing top opposition, it would bad for Gally to do so.
If the cole line stays intact, they'll get the top defenders... Also we may now have a shut down line with prust and moen...maybe white?

Old
01-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Why do people think this is funny? Player X "says hi"? It's incredibly stupid.
YES! This X1000... especially when used to stick up for gomez

Old
01-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
I liked the way they answered the questions about Gally, especially confirming he's a center long-term, but MT mentioning it only takes 12 minutes of ice time per game to justify keeping a kid up scares me. That's just not enough TOI in Alex's very unique case.

I think Whitesnake wanted to see this video.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
He won the gold medal, it was great.
I guess Kuraly had a great tournament as well?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I liked the way they answered the questions about Gally, especially confirming he's a center long-term, but MT mentioning it only takes 12 minutes of ice time per game to justify keeping a kid up scares me. That's just not enough TOI in Alex's very unique case.

Obviously MT wasn't lying when he said he liked what he saw from Gally at the WJC.... Subban for Kuraly anyone?!

Old
01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
jedimyrmidon

I think the main difference between Gally's WJC experience and trying to make the Habs is that in the WJCs he was basically playing with (centered by) a plug - someone holding him and his linemate back in a serious way. In trying to make the Habs, the opposite is true: Gally is trying to prove that he can keep up, not be a liability and create offensively.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Myron Gaines*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin Joo View Post
I guess Kuraly had a great tournament as well?
Yes, yes he did.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
In reality this couldnt of worked out better for Galchenyuk

say training camp started when it did on september 17, he would of had almost a handful of ohl games played this year, and JUST missed an entire year the year before, i think he would of looked a lil groggy in our preseason games and everyone would of flipped

instead, he's played half a year in sarnia, leads league in goals and 2nd in points, and is just coming off a grueling 7 game tournament with the best 19 year olds in the WORLD in which they played all their games in like 10 days and won gold.

now in a couple days, his first ever professional training camp starts, if anything he has the athletic edge on most of our players already having played so much freaking hockey this year compared to everyone else on our team, at ANY level even,

it makes me think he WILL get 9 NHL games, i really do, the more i think about it, why WOULDNT they?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Slot him in besides pleks or eller. They will make magic happen IMO

Old
01-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Phil Parent
The Lama Of Levity

Quote:

Trouba sounds like Rocky Balboa with a chromosone disorder.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Et le But

Bring back Darche to play with Gally.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Whose going to center them? Gomez please!

Old
01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
That's just not enough TOI in Alex's very unique case.
The Montreal Canadiens organization disagrees with you broski. If he's ready for Eller minutes, then that is like a million times better than Charlie Sarault minutes.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:

I like the one with Kristo leading the song better.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Phil Parent
The Lama Of Levity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The way Bergevin reacted at the PC when Darche's name was mentionned, I'd say you have a better chance of seeing The Rocket make a comeback.

My guess is that turning down the two-way deal was seen as an insult, and the joke's on Darche, he'll NEVER play in the league again and will have to play in the AHL if he wants to play in NA.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:

Didn't think somebody would make Kristo sound good....Sorry Trouba....thank god you're a much better hockey player. 2010 still rules! And geez...with all the things we read about, see or hear, they really have to block "We just kicked your ****in ass"???? Come on....

Old
01-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Didn't think somebody would make Kristo sound good....Sorry Trouba....thank god you're a much better hockey player. 2010 still rules!
I practically cried while laughing on the third line of the chant. The way his voice cracks.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:40 AM
Saintpatrick*

I think he might have a better shot sticking with the big team in this shortened season. I just worry about rushing him to the NHL and hurting his development. I think MB is of the same mind he's rather be patient than rush his development. I do think we'll see him for a few games though this year and I'd be surprised if he was sent down to jr's right after camp.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:04 AM
domdo345

Given the way MT gives some answers in the rds.ca article, I suddenly feel that he really wants to keep him in MTL. Let's not forget how he kept Malkin/Staal when they were rookies and how he developed them to be pros. Same thing could be said about Bergy who saw Toews and Kane get a shot at the same age only to become dominant players. It all comes down to having a good coaching staff and a good veteran presence.

Yesterday Bergy made me feel like he was going back to junior, but maybe he didn't want the kid to think he already had earned his place and to calm the medias/fans in MTL. Damn hockey must be back soon, I feel like a paranoiac.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Malkin was 20 though and had played 3 seasons in the Russian Super League against men. He was going to stay in PIT no matter what and was already highly developed. He was an accomplished player already, he had played very well in the Olympics a few months before and played twice in the World Championship.

Toews was 19 and spent his post-draft year at North Dakota, his 2nd there and he played against a lot of players in their 20's.

Staal and Kane did it right after being drafted. Staal could play a ''tough minutes'' role as an 18 year old already (I doubt Gally could) and Kane had shredded the OHL with a 2.5 PPG in his draft year, sending him back would have been a waste of time.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:18 AM
domdo345

Nonetheless, Galchenyuk IS ripping up the OHL along with Strome that will be an NHLer. I really prefer him to fight for the puck against NHLers than continuing to put a 2 PPG in the OHL. Let's not forget that he will not only do it 12 mins/game, but he will also practice with/against NHLers. Gally just seems like the kind of kid that will feed off this challenge.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Disappearing Semin

At this point, I don't know if he'll stay up with the big club or not but to be honest I don't really mind. Montreal put so much attention last off season for player development that they will make the right choice. And only training camp will tell if hes ready or not but the lack of activity from a lot of NHL players might help him look better in training camp

Closed Thread