HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Oilers flyers trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 06:14 PM
Dr_Gonz0

vCash: 500
Oilers flyers trade proposal

Any interset form PHI fans in the following:

Comrie + #3rd round pick for Handzus + Woywitka????

Old
09-21-2003, 06:24 PM
VaFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0

Umm. Let me think...Why would Philly do this? The swap of centers isn't that bad for either team, but to only get a 3rd for Woywitka is insulting IMO. If you take Therien, Ragnarsson or Weinrich instead of Woywitka we can talk, otherwise NO.

Old
09-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
Umm. Let me think...Why would Philly do this? The swap of centers isn't that bad for either team, but to only get a 3rd for Woywitka is insulting IMO. If you take Therien, Ragnarsson or Weinrich instead of Woywitka we can talk, otherwise NO.
What would you like in exchange then, seeing as the oilers are all about youth, and Woywitka would be high on KLowes list, and Pitkonen is most likely untouchable. What would it take instead of a 3rd then, keeping in mind we have surplus forwards. Plz make a Counter proposal.
Also we have been hearing rumblings in Edmonton that Clarke has interest in Comrie.

Old
09-21-2003, 06:29 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

no thanks, i'd pass on this

Old
09-21-2003, 06:44 PM
FacelessButcher

Ya I can't see this either as Philli likes their big centers but then again bob clarke is an idiot but with Hitchcock whispering in his ear I can't see this.I did also hear that Philli had an interest in Comrie though. I think the only way we can free up those two is with Smyth or Brewer (maybe Jason smith)but they are all too important to Edmonton unless a much better deal is struck.

Old
09-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0

Counter proposal
Handzus & Vandermeer for Comrie

I've been proposing this deal for a few months now and I know Edmonton would rather had Seidenberg, but i'm not willing to trade him. With this deal, Edmonton gets some toughness on defense and a solid future #4 defenseman who will fight and do anything to stand up for his team. They also get the big center they desperately need to fill in for Comrie. The Flyers get the true number 2 center they need to play between Gags and Willy. That line would have it all, amaising speed and skill, and incredible youth. Not to mention great two-way play from the wingers. I think this is a perfect deal for both teams and they make great trading partners. The Flyers have a great number 3 center in Primeau and that makes Zus expendable if the right deal comes along

Old
09-21-2003, 08:54 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Counter proposal

I've been proposing this deal for a few months now and I know Edmonton would rather had Seidenberg, but i'm not willing to trade him. With this deal, Edmonton gets some toughness on defense and a solid future #4 defenseman who will fight and do anything to stand up for his team. They also get the big center they desperately need to fill in for Comrie. The Flyers get the true number 2 center they need to play between Gags and Willy. That line would have it all, amaising speed and skill, and incredible youth. Not to mention great two-way play from the wingers. I think this is a perfect deal for both teams and they make great trading partners. The Flyers have a great number 3 center in Primeau and that makes Zus expendable if the right deal comes along
Wow thats a pretty good proposal but I still think Hitch/Philli organization does not want small defensively suspect centers but you as a fan are probably a better judge of that than me

Old
09-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Counter proposal

Exactly what i was thinking Gags, thanks. We need someone to replace Smith once he leaves, about a #3/4 D-man. The way i see it, it works for both with the centre swap. EDM has for the past few years craved a solid LARGE 2way centre who can play the 2nd line, this is where Handzus comes in. Comries size has been a issue, but with PHI's winger's size, they can get away with a smaller 2nd line centre, as long as he is put with some wingers that can create room for him. Comrie is a great scorer, and i don't want EDM to lose him, but it has become evident that he does not want to play here, due to home town pressures and constant media criticism. Mark my words, Comrie will put up #'s greater than he has yet any previous season before, provided he gets a full season under his belt. He spent all summer with a Fitness guru in L.A. specializing in core strength and balance. I just want to see fair return for Mr. Comrie's services, and this deal seems sound to me. Do the other PHI fans support this trade proposal? Or do u stand alone Sir Gags?

Old
09-22-2003, 12:12 AM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Ya I can't see this either as Philli likes their big centers but then again bob clarke is an idiot
This always gets me fired up!
So tell me how Bob Clarke is an idiot. When does he allow himself to get ***** in trades other than in desperate times (and these times are not desperate).
Oh, and Philly is spelled with a "y" not an "i."

Old
09-22-2003, 12:40 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
This always gets me fired up!
So tell me how Bob Clarke is an idiot. When does he allow himself to get ***** in trades other than in desperate times (and these times are not desperate).
Oh, and Philly is spelled with a "y" not an "i."
I spelled phillY with an "i" for fun slang purposes and its not a big deal. Clarke has been known to make numerous bad deals but u guys are looking pretty good at the moment so maybe I should shut up. I will give you a few examples none the less (you can make the case that it was a desperate situation but some are still stupid trades)

1)To Philly:
Adam Oates(played 14 games gave up a lot and made it no where near the cup)

To Wsh:
Maxime Oullett(one of the most highly coveted goalie prospects in
a long time)
1,2,and 3draft pick 2002

2)You also overpay some of your core players like Recchi and Leclair especially in the later years.

3)In hindsight the Eric Lindros trade is also a mistake but can't really
blame Clark for that as he was highly regarded and almost carried the
Flyers to a cup and some of those traded did not become stars till
many years later but still impressive list of talent.
To Nordiques(ah memories):
Forsberg,Hextall,Steve Duchesne,Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon, (1st round pick in 1993(Jocelyn Thibault),1994 1st round pick(Nolan Baumgartner) + Cash.
To Philly:
Eric Lindros(Clarke's arch enemy)
4)To Edmonton:
Janne Niinima
To Philly:
Dan McGillis
2nd round pick(Jason Beckett (pretty sure hes a bust)

Old
09-22-2003, 01:39 AM
panayiotis

Really!

Go away dude.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:29 AM
Steve L*

Clarke didnt make the Lindros trade.

Im not Clarke fan but the Pitkanan for Fedotenko and a pick was pretty good, eh?

How about the Amonte pickup?

Or maybe Kapanen?

Old
09-22-2003, 02:52 AM
teemu_s

Send a message via ICQ to teemu_s Send a message via MSN to teemu_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
To Edmonton:
Janne Niinima
To Philly:
Dan McGillis
2nd round pick(Jason Beckett (pretty sure hes a bust)
How about this?

To Edmonton: Joni Pitkänen

To Philly: Jason(?) Smith and 2nd round pick

Just when you Philly-fans thought you had at least half-decent defensive prospect in hands in Niinimaa, Clarke got upset and traded him away. Do you think same could happen for Pitkänen? :p

Of course, it could. As long as you have this assclown Clarke as your GM.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:56 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
[QUOTE=teemu_s]How about this?

To Philly: Jason(?) Smith and 2nd round pick[QUOTE]

No, Joni isn't going anywhere. Neither is Woywitka. Also, I don't think Handzus will be going anywhere when he was second leading scorer next year. The only guy(s) that will probably not be on the team after this year are John Leclair, Recchi and a few other old guys. We aren't trading our youth away to anyone.

Old
09-22-2003, 04:11 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu_s
How about this?

To Philly: Jason(?) Smith and 2nd round pick

Just when you Philly-fans thought you had at least half-decent defensive prospect in hands in Niinimaa, Clarke got upset and traded him away. Do you think same could happen for Pitkänen? :p

Of course, it could. As long as you have this assclown Clarke as your GM.
How bout this....Jason Smith and 2nd round pick for a bowl of stale nachos found under one of the seats at the "Wachovia" center.

Lesson: Pitkanen is untouchable thus not moving anywhere nor should be in any far fetched proposals that always seem to come from the Oil fans. Nothing against the Oil, but their fans need to think more before they propose.

Old
09-22-2003, 08:35 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
How bout this....Jason Smith and 2nd round pick for a bowl of stale nachos found under one of the seats at the "Wachovia" center.

Lesson: Pitkanen is untouchable thus not moving anywhere nor should be in any far fetched proposals that always seem to come from the Oil fans. Nothing against the Oil, but their fans need to think more before they propose.
teemu_s wouldn't qualify as an Oiler fan when looking at his user name.(I would prefer he/she/ not be lumped with Oilers fans number one.)

Number two, yep, brutal Smith and a 2nd for Pitkanen depending on what the Flyers intentions this year are valuewise possibly close but neither team would get any benefit from a deal like this. The Oilers need to add a defenseman, not swap defensemen. Pitkanen is a stud and if I were Clarkie wouldn't trade Pitkanen for all the oil in Alberta.

Back to the real world.
I think Handzus and Woywitka for Comrie, Moreau, possibly pick/or no pick is the deal that best suits the situation. If not Woywitka, then drop the pick and make it Seidenberg or Vandemeer and throw a mid rounder on the Philly side. The cemantics can be worked out. But I would be willing to go Comrie, Moreau or Comire and one of our excess forwards.(I chose Moreau because I think from what I have heard that he would be better suited to the 3rd line/4th line role than Somik who you guys are trying to get more offense from.)

Old
09-22-2003, 08:35 AM
Rex8

vCash:
Boy, how many threads now involve Comrie deals?
Edmonton is NOT in a position to deal for anything huge given the financial constraints and his "demands" for a new contract/trade.
With that said, I like his skills even though his D is not great and he is a bit small. He would look nice with Williams and Gags on the wings.
I would consider Handzus straight up but I think Hitch would have a seizure losing him.
Not to mention that our top draft picks were two centers this past year and Sharp is looking like a future 3rd center.
I just do not see this deal happening.

Old
09-22-2003, 08:43 AM
Gags1288

First of all, the Flyers don't need to add any more forwards, we have too many as it is and would not be interested in Moreau. Somik is a much better play than him defensively and will likely put up 15 + goals this year. Second, I really like Zus, but he's just not a 2nd line center. He's a fabulous third line center and there's nothing wrong with that except for the fact that we already have one in Primeau. As for the future, Carter could jump to 1st line center, have Comrie on the second line and make Richards the great 3rd line center that he's going to be. This deal is good for today and the future and i'd do it in a second (that is the deal I proposed).

Old
09-22-2003, 12:05 PM
FlyerFire

How About This One

primo and vandermeer for comrie,or primo and therien,or primo and mcneil if they want another big C,or siklenka-a big winger or primo and picks.in any case,comrie comes in as #2C,zus at #3,lapointe#4C with sharpe next in line?i would rather have zus than primo.IMO

Old
09-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
primo and vandermeer for comrie,or primo and therien,or primo and mcneil if they want another big C,or siklenka-a big winger or primo and picks.in any case,comrie comes in as #2C,zus at #3,lapointe#4C with sharpe next in line?i would rather have zus than primo.IMO
Hi there....first let me introduce you to Edmonton.

Now let me introduce you to Keith Primeau.

Keith Primeau
Position: C
Team: PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
Compensation: 2003/04 $5,000,000.00

And ne'er the two shall meet.

Old
09-22-2003, 12:23 PM
FlyerFire

i guess

we'll just have to see.you think he'll make that much after CBA or even his next contract?NOT

Old
09-22-2003, 12:24 PM
FlyerFire

Ps

why the HELL is a RAGS fan trying to introduce a FLYERS FAN to PRIMEAU. hello

Old
09-22-2003, 12:27 PM
FacelessButcher

*claps for slats*
I am going to post the trade proposed by gags1288 on the big board to see what everyone thinks of it

Old
09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
why the HELL is a RAGS fan trying to introduce a FLYERS FAN to PRIMEAU. hello
Let me introduce you to myself. In my avatar is George Laraques, Ryan Smyth and Eric Brewer.

I was only trying to provide you with some comic relief, and let you know that suggesting a $5 million dollar player getting traded to a small market is kind of well..............out there.

And as far as being classified as a RAGS fan...well I never....

Old
09-22-2003, 03:19 PM
IronMarshal

These Flyers - Oilers deals are insane. The deals proposed do not help the Flyers. period.
Handzus fits in better here.
There is no reason to trade Woywitka at all (Plus, I think the Flyers have big plans for him) .
There is no reason to trade Vandermeer or Seidenberg either, really.

Pitkanen? HAA! Don't even try to go there. I'll bust my sides in laughter.

If Comrie even fit into Hitch's system, is he really an improvement over Zus? I doubt it.

I saw Moreau's name mentioned. Forget it. Why is his name even brought up other than to dump Oiler salary?

Just forget it. They are not good trading partners.

Closed Thread