Old
05-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Summer 2013 Transfer Rumors and Moves II

Had to start a new one. The Guardian is reporting that a Barca bid for Pepe Reina is imminent.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...urridge-injury

Going to be a crazy summer, if they screw up having all this money again I don't know anymore.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:19 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
^^ If the rumored players on the outs do go, and we get decent value, we should have 100M or maybe a bit more to spend this summer.

With Suarez, Reina, Skrtel and Carroll all solidly rumored to be on the outs, plus the rumored 20M from the owners, that should be a little over 100M to spend in the summer.

Replacing Suarez will be impossible, and probably the same with Reina, but at the very least, we need to soften their blow.

This can't be a Hendo/Downing summer again. We need to knock some out of the park.

05-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Eriksen ready for a decision. As a liverpool fan i'm already used for dissapointment(Torres, Suarez, Silva, Villa, Mata, Owens) so i'm keeping my hope down. I still can't believe how a club as big worldwide like liverpool can't compete with the like of Tottenham and Chelsea...

Old
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Eriksen ready for a decision. As a liverpool fan i'm already used for dissapointment(Torres, Suarez, Silva, Villa, Mata, Owens) so i'm keeping my hope down. I still can't believe how a club as big worldwide like liverpool can't compete with the like of Tottenham and Chelsea...
Perhaps because you haven't won a league title in 20 years and haven't even challenged for a CL spot for about 5 years. Players want to go to places where they can win things.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
We can't compete because the last huge transfer budget we had was spent on garbage. Hopefully this one will be different.

Interested to see Schürrle at Chelsea, if they actually play him that is...

Old
05-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Foppa

Rather have Begovic than Reina so I'd say Liverpool could more than replace him if need be.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:51 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
We can't compete because the last huge transfer budget we had was spent on garbage. Hopefully this one will be different.
Bingo. You can't waste the better part of a 100M on garbage in one calender year and expect to compete.

I loved Kenny, but he and Commoli (sp?) really messed up in their transfer dealings. Especially considering some of the outrageous prices we were paying for players.

If we are faced with a similar situation this year (and it seems like it), I hope we handle better. Ie not throw away the better part of 100M.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:54 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Bingo. You can't waste the better part of a 100M on garbage in one calender year and expect to compete.

I loved Kenny, but he and Commoli (sp?) really messed up in their transfer dealings. Especially considering some of the outrageous prices we were paying for players.

If we are faced with a similar situation this year (and it seems like it), I hope we handle better. Ie not throw away the better part of 100M.
They wasted so much money on overpriced English players. Hopefully this time is different.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Rodgers has already won me over. But this transfer session is huge. Could set the club back another 5-7 years if they get this wrong.

Last edited by 856: 05-30-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old
05-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Perhaps because you haven't won a league title in 20 years and haven't even challenged for a CL spot for about 5 years. Players want to go to places where they can win things.
PSG, Monaco, Man City, Anzhi say otherwise...

I still can't belive how Chelsea can have so many good young players rotting on the bench or in loans and to still see them sign some more players. Champion league football is the lamest excuse ever, money is the real answer!

Old
05-30-2013, 06:13 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Anzi are a team quickly rising, this year after a very long qualifying campaign Anzi made it into the knockout stages of the EL while grabbing the top of the table in russia. If you don't think that they will continue to grow from here you are underestimating the caliber of player they are able to purchase, or the amounts that Kherimov is funneling into youth development and infrastructure.

A big part of why I have no gripes with Zouma's move is that I don't view the french league as much of a step up from the RPL, the french are still ahead because youth development isn't as stupid in france and there's no domestic players rule that pushes the top talent to big clubs before they are ready, but the RPL is becoming much more competitive every year and the standard of play is visibly increasing every year. Outside of the 4 moscow clubs there's now Zenit, Anzi, Rubin, Krasnadar, Terek Grozny and Kuban Krasnadar that field capable teams, that's a lot of solid squads to continue developing against. As more teams have gained the financial muscle to really compete at the top of the table it's forced the established teams to up their game as well.

So to me it's sort of a lateral move football wise, while he gets to make bank and feature big minutes on a club with big goals, after a very long EL campaign they've boosted their coefficient significantly and should go even further next season, Anzi will also be targetting the title in a very competitive league, so I don't really think he'll be facing any less competition or responsibility to continue growing as a player.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
PSG, Monaco, Man City, Anzhi say otherwise...

I still can't belive how Chelsea can have so many good young players rotting on the bench or in loans and to still see them sign some more players. Champion league football is the lamest excuse ever, money is the real answer!
Those clubs have entirely different financial muscles than Liverpool.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Had to start a new one. The Guardian is reporting that a Barca bid for Pepe Reina is imminent.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...urridge-injury

Going to be a crazy summer, if they screw up having all this money again I don't know anymore.
Liverpool should go after Lamela.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:39 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

This Barcelona board is making some really stupid moves in every area imaginable.

1) They should have given Abidal another year. He looked ready and was definitely willing to play one more year.
2) They are letting Muniesa walk for nothing.
3) They are about to let Thiago leave for a measly 18mil release clause when IMO it should almost double.
4) Victor Valdez is about to leave for free despite having another year left on his contract. God only knows how they've managed to piss him off.
5) As much as Tito deserves a chance to be head coach, he should really give 100% on curing his disease and not half ass coaching the team. They really need to look into getting a new coach ASAP.
6) The silence is deafening in regards to several players: Cesc, Tello, Bartra, Montoya, Bojan, Deulofeu, etc. What the **** are their plans with these guys?
7) Just sell Villa already.

I can go on...

Oh, and thanks for signing Neymar.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:42 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Re: Luis Alberto to Liverpool

The kid is Iniesta like, definitely more of an attaking mid than center mid and he's awesome.

I'd hate to see Suarez in Madrid because he's a great talent, but if they can secure either Morata or Jese plus cash for him it's a no brainer for Liverpool. Signing Iago Aspas was nice, but it's really starting to reflect poorly on the league that they can't keep their young stars.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Jeffrey

I would ask for Varane! Liverpool is more in dire need of CB than striker at this moment.

Old
05-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

Quote:
I would ask for Varane! Liverpool is more in dire need of CB than striker at this moment.
And Madrid would laugh and spit on the offer.

Old
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Baby Seamus View Post
And Madrid would laugh and spit on the offer.
Great than Liverpool would sell Suarez to barca and laugh at RM !

Old
05-30-2013, 07:33 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
This Barcelona board is making some really stupid moves in every area imaginable.

1) They should have given Abidal another year. He looked ready and was definitely willing to play one more year.
2) They are letting Muniesa walk for nothing.
3) They are about to let Thiago leave for a measly 18mil release clause when IMO it should almost double.
4) Victor Valdez is about to leave for free despite having another year left on his contract. God only knows how they've managed to piss him off.
5) As much as Tito deserves a chance to be head coach, he should really give 100% on curing his disease and not half ass coaching the team. They really need to look into getting a new coach ASAP.
6) The silence is deafening in regards to several players: Cesc, Tello, Bartra, Montoya, Bojan, Deulofeu, etc. What the **** are their plans with these guys?
7) Just sell Villa already.

I can go on...

Oh, and thanks for signing Neymar.
Which team(s) is the favourites for the Thiago front if he sold?

Just like all those rumours of Cesc to Barca when he was on Arsenal the same thing is going to happen with Cesc back to Arsenal.

Old
05-30-2013, 08:36 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Which team(s) is the favourites for the Thiago front if he sold?

Just like all those rumours of Cesc to Barca when he was on Arsenal the same thing is going to happen with Cesc back to Arsenal.
Both Manchester teams, possibly Bayern Munich and Real Madrid if they want to throw insane amounts of cash at him.

If I was Thiago I would stick around and play with Neymar.

EDIT: Apparently both Manchester teams are looking to sign Fabregas as well.

Last edited by xavi4life: 05-30-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old
05-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Both Manchester teams, possibly Bayern Munich and Real Madrid if they want to throw insane amounts of cash at him.

You hope that's what Thiago thinks.

But really, You won't lose both and if it was me making the decision on who to keep it would be Thiago. Mainly due to age and of course playing style.

The only problem for me is Cesc better not end up at United.

Old
05-30-2013, 09:36 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

Damn so all the big players?

I don't know if I am the only one, but I can't really see Thiago or Cesc going to either Manchester United or Bayern. I could see City wanting to get an upgrade in their midfield though. Yaya is one of the best players in EPL, but he isn't getting any younger.

Old
05-30-2013, 09:36 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
You hope that's what Thiago thinks.

But really, You won't lose both and if it was me making the decision on who to keep it would be Thiago. Mainly due to age and of course playing style.

The only problem for me is Cesc better not end up at United.
The Cesc saga is tough for me. I really do like him and I know he's got the skill to play at Barcelona, it's just that he was a passenger too many times this season and he's not a great CM to replace either Xavi or Iniesta. On top of that I find it hard to believe that if he does go back to BPL he'll end up in Manchester when his heart belongs to Arsenal. To make matters more interesting he and his baby momma are in a legal battle over buying property in London from her ex-husband.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Kensu

Quote:
Arsenal, meanwhile, will be closely monitoring Manchester United’s potential interest in signing Cesc Fabregas, their former captain, from Barcelona. As part of the deal in which Fabregas joined Barcelona in 2011, Arsenal negotiated first refusal on buying back the Spain midfielder or a 50 per cent cut on any transfer fee with another club.
slim chance he goes to Manchester United

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...#disqus_thread

Old
05-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Brock Anton
wat

Altidore getting interest from Lazio and Schalke.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-interest-jozy

Schalke would be a nice fit, IMO.

Closed Thread