HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2014, 02:36 AM
  #426
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 5,890
vCash: 500
Would be more fun to see him at Boston College with that stacked squad.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 10:24 AM
  #427
Sid82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
so its sure that hes not gonna play in the chl next fall?

Sid82 is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 11:44 AM
  #428
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid82 View Post
so its sure that hes not gonna play in the chl next fall?
No. Signing the letter of intent just ensures if he plays college hockey it will be at BU. He could still leave for the QMJHL but by all accounts it's not even a consideration.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 12:07 PM
  #429
Sean Monahan
JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Murrica
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Would be more fun to see him at Boston College with that stacked squad.
Colin White's supposed to be pretty decent though, right?

Sean Monahan is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:37 PM
  #430
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Monahan View Post
Colin White's supposed to be pretty decent though, right?
Boston College has a stacked recruiting class in the next couple years. Sonny Milano, Alex Tuch this year and Noah Hanifin, Colin White, Jeremy Bracco, and Casey Fitzgerald next year. That's not even counting guys like Zach Sanford, JD Dudek, or Miles Wood as well, plus young, soon to be sophomores that are likely four year players in Ryan Fitzgerald, Austin Cangelosi, Adam Gilmour, and Chris Calnan.

Adding Eichel to that mix would just be unfair.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 06:34 PM
  #431
NHL Dude 120
Registered User
 
NHL Dude 120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 135
Any chance he could make the NHL right away in 2015-2016.

NHL Dude 120 is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 08:12 PM
  #432
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
Any chance he could make the NHL right away in 2015-2016.
Definitely might take the toews approach though

herashak is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 11:34 PM
  #433
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,370
vCash: 500
Eichel's a one year guy wherever he goes.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 01:38 AM
  #434
22FUTON9
Registered User
 
22FUTON9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Jack Eichel

I've been reading some articles about Jack Eichel recently and wanted to get an idea of how good he's suppose to be. is he in the same tier as the mackinnons, tavares' coming out of junior?

22FUTON9 is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 06:28 PM
  #435
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,742
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22FUTON9 View Post
I've been reading some articles about Jack Eichel recently and wanted to get an idea of how good he's suppose to be. is he in the same tier as the mackinnons, tavares' coming out of junior?
Everytime I read or see a clip of him I'm thinking Mike Modano.

tfong is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 09:29 AM
  #436
usascout1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Monahan View Post
Colin White's supposed to be pretty decent though, right?
Colin White is very good. He will be at BC in the fall of 2015. He is a legitimate top 10 first round pick in the 2015 draft. The trouble for BC will be keeping him for more than a year or two. Coaches love this kid. Jerry York is a big fan of his game as is his current NTDP head coach Don Granato.

usascout1 is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 09:35 AM
  #437
usascout1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Eichel's a one year guy wherever he goes.
BU will be lucky to have Eichel for a year. His options are endless. IMO he goes first overall in 2015 draft and then right into the NHL. He has nothing to lose by going to BU for a year only more to gain if he lights it up there.

usascout1 is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 09:38 AM
  #438
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usascout1 View Post
Colin White is very good. He will be at BC in the fall of 2015. He is a legitimate top 10 first round pick in the 2015 draft. The trouble for BC will be keeping him for more than a year or two. Coaches love this kid. Jerry York is a big fan of his game as is his current NTDP head coach Don Granato.
How would you rate his chances of making the junior team for our favorite Christmas tourny? What other underage players are in the running other than Eichel (a returnee)?

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 09:53 AM
  #439
usascout1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
How would you rate his chances of making the junior team for our favorite Christmas tourny? What other underage players are in the running other than Eichel (a returnee)?
I think he has a good shot depending how he fills out over the next 6 months. I also think Noah Hanifin, Zack Werenski and Austin Matthews will be considered. Werenski is rumored to be accelerating to Michigan next season. So it will be interesting to see (if that happens) how he does at that next level. Eichel, Hanifin and Werenski could all potentially be playing in the NCAA in the fall.

usascout1 is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 10:46 AM
  #440
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usascout1 View Post
I think he has a good shot depending how he fills out over the next 6 months. I also think Noah Hanifin, Zack Werenski and Austin Matthews will be considered. Werenski is rumored to be accelerating to Michigan next season. So it will be interesting to see (if that happens) how he does at that next level. Eichel, Hanifin and Werenski could all potentially be playing in the NCAA in the fall.
Thanks for that. I was putting together my projected line-up for the WJC... (I do for all the favorites)..anyway by the time I got to the bottom of the U.S. roster...none of the names where that familiar to me...other than Hanifin.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 03:35 PM
  #441
tmlfan98
#TeamAssetManagement
 
tmlfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usascout1 View Post
BU will be lucky to have Eichel for a year. His options are endless. IMO he goes first overall in 2015 draft and then right into the NHL. He has nothing to lose by going to BU for a year only more to gain if he lights it up there.
You are hilarious

tmlfan98 is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 06:04 PM
  #442
scout97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usascout1 View Post
I think he has a good shot depending how he fills out over the next 6 months. I also think Noah Hanifin, Zack Werenski and Austin Matthews will be considered. Werenski is rumored to be accelerating to Michigan next season. So it will be interesting to see (if that happens) how he does at that next level. Eichel, Hanifin and Werenski could all potentially be playing in the NCAA in the fall.
I would add luke kirwan as well, very impressed with him

scout97 is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 06:47 PM
  #443
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 21,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan98 View Post
You are hilarious
It's not out of the realm of possibility even if McDavid is the favorite.

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 07:32 PM
  #444
tmlfan98
#TeamAssetManagement
 
tmlfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
It's not out of the realm of possibility even if McDavid is the favorite.
He's actually the guarantee its just that all of these patriotic Americans want to believe that Eichel will beat McDavid.

Ignoring where each player is now, that's like someone saying in 2005 there was a chance that Ryan would beat Crosby. Also, McDavid is way better then Eichel at this point in time, and he has 10 times more upside.

tmlfan98 is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 07:54 PM
  #445
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 5,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan98 View Post
He's actually the guarantee its just that all of these patriotic Americans want to believe that Eichel will beat McDavid.

Ignoring where each player is now, that's like someone saying in 2005 there was a chance that Ryan would beat Crosby. Also, McDavid is way better then Eichel at this point in time, and he has 10 times more upside.
Thanks for your opinion.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 08:03 PM
  #446
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 21,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan98 View Post
He's actually the guarantee its just that all of these patriotic Americans want to believe that Eichel will beat McDavid.

Ignoring where each player is now, that's like someone saying in 2005 there was a chance that Ryan would beat Crosby. Also, McDavid is way better then Eichel at this point in time, and he has 10 times more upside.
Sure thing champ.

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 08:28 PM
  #447
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Laurel, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 24,791
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan98 View Post
He's actually the guarantee its just that all of these patriotic Americans want to believe that Eichel will beat McDavid.

Ignoring where each player is now, that's like someone saying in 2005 there was a chance that Ryan would beat Crosby. Also, McDavid is way better then Eichel at this point in time, and he has 10 times more upside.
Seems more likely to me that you're the one factoring nationality into this. It's been written about that many scouts polled say they'd take Eichel over McDavid. I don't see that being the case a year from now, but it goes to show the certainty with which you speak is bull.

It's simply not true that McDavid is "way better than Eichel at this point and time". He has more upside, but a "way better" player right now? No.

Paxon is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 09:04 PM
  #448
OttawaRoughRiderFan*
Leaving/Goodbye All
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Leaving HF
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan98 View Post
He's actually the guarantee its just that all of these patriotic Americans want to believe that Eichel will beat McDavid.

Ignoring where each player is now, that's like someone saying in 2005 there was a chance that Ryan would beat Crosby. Also, McDavid is way better then Eichel at this point in time, and he has 10 times more upside.
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, my friend. Hope you're right!

OttawaRoughRiderFan* is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 09:33 PM
  #449
Juxtaposer
RIP Long Beach Nativ
 
Juxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 35,182
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan98 View Post
He's actually the guarantee its just that all of these patriotic Americans want to believe that Eichel will beat McDavid.

Ignoring where each player is now, that's like someone saying in 2005 there was a chance that Ryan would beat Crosby. Also, McDavid is way better then Eichel at this point in time, and he has 10 times more upside.
I swear, it's like Canadians come into the Eichel thread just to put down Eichel any time he's mentioned in the same sentence as McDavid. Grow up.

Juxtaposer is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 09:51 PM
  #450
Future
Registered User
 
Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Seems more likely to me that you're the one factoring nationality into this. It's been written about that many scouts polled say they'd take Eichel over McDavid. I don't see that being the case a year from now, but it goes to show the certainty with which you speak is bull.

It's simply not true that McDavid is "way better than Eichel at this point and time". He has more upside, but a "way better" player right now? No.
Source?

That seems rather ridiculous.

Future is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.