HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Backstrom vs Fleury

View Poll Results: Who is better?
Fleury 25 34.72%
Backstrom 47 65.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-05-2013, 11:13 PM
MessierII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Difference between Malkin and Parise is much bigger than the difference between the other 2 combined.

Fleury posted a 0.913 save%, Backstrom had him beat at 0.919% however Fleury played 20 more games, that's a significant difference. His playoffs were awful but that was only a 6 game sample, so if you wanna drop Fleury that far because of it, that's your opinion.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1225299

They're separated by 1 spot here.

As for Suter and Letang, Suter has the edge but it's definitely close, at least until we see how Suter performs by himself.

Malkin has a significant edge over Parise, and since you're seemingly using recent play as a big factor, the difference between Fleury's .913 save% and Backstroms .919 isn't nearly as big as Malkin's 40 more points in 7 less games over Parise.
Your citing one season as an example. Backstrom has put up better numbers consistently even when playing 60ish games.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:14 PM
MessierII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Suter is far better than Letang
I agree the gap is not crazy wide but it's significant. Suter is the type of guy you can comfortably throw out there for half the game.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Backstrom doesn't need to play much more than 60 games because Harding is practically a starter himself. We feel plenty comfortable giving Harding the start whenever we need to. That and I swear Backstrom has a stretch of a couple weeks where he's either injured his groin or his back every single season.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:55 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
I think Fleury on his best nights would be better than Backstrom on his best nights. On the other hand, I find Backstrom to be more consistent. I'd have to go with the consistency on this one. Backstrom for me, but it's pretty close.

tp71 is online now   Reply With Quote