HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kopitar injures right knee/2-3 weeks IR

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 01:37 AM
  #26
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Kopi takes January off every year anyway-- he always comes back strong in Feb.
Good one, but he sure made it up for it in May and June.

__________________
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:04 AM
  #27
likid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maribor
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Is it 2-3 weeks before he plays again in Europe, or 2-3 weeks period?

Players play through minor injuries all the time in the NHL, but I don't think any of them would play through an injury right now with the season possibly starting up soon. This could very well be an injury that Kopi wouldn't think twice about playing through if it was the NHL, but figures he might as well rest it while he can.
Usually when in Europe there is talk about how long somebody is out because of injury, it is always period until he'll be able to play matches again. Not how long he can't do anything.

And I also think it is something similar, just short precatious rest period because it is obviously very close start of next NHL season. Kopitar played 31 matches in second Swedish League and 6 more for Slovenian national team, so if there is player who can miss preseason camp, it is for sure Kopitar.

I wouldn't be suprise if Kopitar would normal play on opening night. I'm sure we'll find a lot more during today here in Slovenia, probably directly from Kopitar.

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:42 AM
  #28
Rod Buskas*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,719
vCash: 500
This is Loktionov's time to shine. He needs to take advantage.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:22 AM
  #29
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
Usually when in Europe there is talk about how long somebody is out because of injury, it is always period until he'll be able to play matches again. Not how long he can't do anything.

And I also think it is something similar, just short precatious rest period because it is obviously very close start of next NHL season. Kopitar played 31 matches in second Swedish League and 6 more for Slovenian national team, so if there is player who can miss preseason camp, it is for sure Kopitar.

I wouldn't be suprise if Kopitar would normal play on opening night. I'm sure we'll find a lot more during today here in Slovenia, probably directly from Kopitar.
Right but that's not my point, as this isn't a normal situation for European hockey. Kopitar's playing in Europe just to stay in game shape for when the NHL does start up. So he's going to take time to heal even the most minor injury, in this case 2-3 weeks before playing another game in Europe. If he had lost a toenail he'd have taken a few games off to let it grow back. If this is the case, we'll see him opening night even if its sooner than the 2-3 week projection.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:16 AM
  #30
FootKnight
This ****ing team
 
FootKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,260
vCash: 500
Well, that figures.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:40 AM
  #31
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
This is Loktionov's time to shine. He needs to take advantage.
Agreed. I think he'll be given a serious last chance to make it here in LA over the next month, do or die for him. Season will not start until middle of the month anyways, so likely Kopitar will not miss much time.

Brown - Loktionov - Williams
Penner - Richards - Carter
Gagne - Stoll - Lewis
King/Clifford - Fraser - Nolan

To start the year, IMO. Keep the rest of the lines together to build some chemistry in the short season, sink or swim for Loktionov, he has bad plenty of GP in the NHL to this point to adjust.

__________________



Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 01-06-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:12 AM
  #32
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
This is Loktionov's time to shine. He needs to take advantage.
To what end? He's far too skilled to be a third line center and there is no future with the Kings at 1st or 2nd line slot. He's given every indication that he doesn't like playing wing. I can't see them bringing him up for what might be 2 or 3 games, that won't help his trade value.

That's the only option he has at this point, is a future as a 2nd line center with another team.

If anything, Richards or Carter will slot the 1st line for a few games, it shouldn't be longer than that and Kopi's knee might be ready by the 18th or whenever it is the puck drops.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:52 AM
  #33
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 500
This is Kopi we are talking about. He's a panzer tank on skates. Not too worried.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:21 AM
  #34
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!
 
cyclones22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: United States
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
This is Kopi we are talking about. He's a panzer tank on skates. Not too worried.
It will just be disappointing he won't be out on the ice in uniform when that banner is raised.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:38 AM
  #35
Kings4thecup
Registered User
 
Kings4thecup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
This is Kopi we are talking about. He's a panzer tank on skates. Not too worried.
Agreed No Name, Kopi's a tough MFer. I would be surprised if he doesn't play opening night.

Kings4thecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:34 AM
  #36
ibleedkings
Is this real?
 
ibleedkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Quartz Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,833
vCash: 500
Kopi will play opening night. Count on it!

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
  #37
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,699
vCash: 500
Am I the only one, no matter what befalls us, still has "doesn't matter, won the cup" still ringing in the back of their heads?

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:57 AM
  #38
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Am I the only one, no matter what befalls us, still has "doesn't matter, won the cup" still ringing in the back of their heads?
The angst won't be there for me. Maybe in a few years, but probably not while this core group is together. If the Kings prove to be a total one year fluke though, and they go a few years without making the playoffs, that could change things. But right now, doesn't matter, won the Cup.

After watching the Kings win a Cup, I'll be able to enjoy watching the Kings more. During the run last spring(and all the other years), it was more of a nervous ohmygodpleasedon'tlose. Now it's just going to be about more Cups.

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:02 AM
  #39
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
I'd bet money that he plays opening night. No way he wants to miss it, and I bet he'll heal faster than their estimates. Plus, it's not like the season is starting tomorrow.

With any luck the Kings will start the season with a 2 or 3 game road trip....let him miss those games to buy another week or so.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
  #40
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,167
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I'd bet money that he plays opening night. No way he wants to miss it, and I bet he'll heal faster than their eatimates. Plus, it's not like the season is starting tomorrow.
I've been hoping for the same. Sounded like it wasn't a big deal, but he wanted to be safer than sorry as there could have been a season. Now that there is, I am sure once he gets back into LA and checks in with the Kings' medical staff, he will be fine and set to go in a couple weeks. The season doesn't start for another 1.5-2 weeks anyways... He shouldn't miss much time at all. Maybe a game or two.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:13 AM
  #41
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I've been hoping for the same. Sounded like it wasn't a big deal, but he wanted to be safer than sorry as there could have been a season. Now that there is, I am sure once he gets back into LA and checks in with the Kings' medical staff, he will be fine and set to go in a couple weeks. The season doesn't start for another 1.5-2 weeks anyways... He shouldn't miss much time at all. Maybe a game or two.
And he doesn't need the camp to get in shape, he's been playing for months.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:17 AM
  #42
likid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maribor
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Kopi just had interview for one Slovenian website (the one that have exclusive rights for live NHL games in Slovenia) regarding ending lockout and his injury.

He doesn't look to be in much concern, he said his knee turned a little bit in one coalision. After that he did one more shift and then because of precaution reasons went into the locker room. He believe his ligaments are pulled a bit (hope you understand what I mean)

Tommorow he'll have MRI in Sweden, he'll send immediately results to Kings doctor staff and they'll decide how much he'll rest.

He'll fly to LA in four or five days. I personally believe he'll play on opening night but maybe he'll have a bit different pre-season camp than others and no pre-season games.

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
  #43
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
Kopi just had interview for one Slovenian website (the one that have exclusive rights for live NHL games in Slovenia) regarding ending lockout and his injury.

He doesn't look to be in much concern, he said his knee turned a little bit in one coalision. After that he did one more shift and then because of precaution reasons went into the locker room. He believe his ligaments are pulled a bit (hope you understand what I mean)

Tommorow he'll have MRI in Sweden, he'll send immediately results to Kings doctor staff and they'll decide how much he'll rest.

He'll fly to LA in four or five days. I personally believe he'll play on opening night but maybe he'll have a bit different pre-season camp than others and no pre-season games.
Pretty sure their won't be any pre-season games anyway.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:31 AM
  #44
TheSlovenian
Registered User
 
TheSlovenian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ljubljana
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
Kopi just had interview for one Slovenian website (the one that have exclusive rights for live NHL games in Slovenia) regarding ending lockout and his injury.

He doesn't look to be in much concern, he said his knee turned a little bit in one coalision. After that he did one more shift and then because of precaution reasons went into the locker room. He believe his ligaments are pulled a bit (hope you understand what I mean)

Tommorow he'll have MRI in Sweden, he'll send immediately results to Kings doctor staff and they'll decide how much he'll rest.

He'll fly to LA in four or five days. I personally believe he'll play on opening night but maybe he'll have a bit different pre-season camp than others and no pre-season games.
Here is the Google translated article.

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:55 AM
  #45
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 500
he's just resting for a long playoff run

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:26 PM
  #46
Hatter
All about the Bob
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ojai, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,795
vCash: 500
This is hilariously so Kings. any long time fans know what I mean.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
  #47
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Kopi will play opening night. Count on it!
ye im not worried. From the reports he doesn't even seem injured. It just seems like he wants to be sure of it and not risk a real injury. If it had happened in the NHL, he prob misses a couple of shift and is back out there

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:52 PM
  #48
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
This is hilariously so Kings. any long time fans know what I mean.
So true. A little bit of , but mostly .

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
  #49
Renato
Registered User
 
Renato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Gasper Kopitar ‏@kopy13
“@Patrick_ONeal: Now lets hope/pray Kopitar's knee is not serious.”he is okay #trustme

Renato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:19 PM
  #50
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
When I heard this news yesterday I knew the lockout was over.

There is just no way the lockout would end and the banner would be raised without out some sort of dark cloud hanging over our heads.

It just wouldn't be Los Angeles Kings hockey if that didn't happen.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.