HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

**New AHL Prospects Article Up**

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
**New AHL Prospects Article Up**

Hey guys,

I just wrote an AHL update article, with the assistance of Ratsgirl......

Enjoy, and please post your thoughts and comments on this thread

Jared (Calgary Devil)

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
02-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Defence first

vCash:
What are your thoughts on the play of Foster. In the hockey news he said that he was "Healthy and making up for lost time". do u beleive this to be true.

Old
02-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence first
What are your thoughts on the play of Foster. In the hockey news he said that he was "Healthy and making up for lost time". do u beleive this to be true.
Just being healthy is a big step for him. He's lost so much time in his development because of constantly being injured. If he can stay healthy the rest of the season, it will go a long way to helping hits status as a top prospect in the organization.

Old
02-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Niedermayer21

Good job, Jared and ratsgirl. Long overdue for a new article. Sorry to hear about Redlihs. Good to see Nittel excelling. Sorry to see Pihlman regressing.

Hard to say if the plus/minus stats for the forwards are representative of their defensive abilities as the backline is porous and the goaltending is erratic at best. Seems like the team is coming together a little over the last few games.

There was an article on David Hale and his kidney condition in today's Star-Ledger (2-24-2005). Maybe someone can post a link to it. Basically, once hockey starts up again, Lou cannot count on Hale to be more than a seventh defenseman IMO. He is not well enough to be a top six defenseman. In fact, his career can end at any moment. Lou is going to have to find an offensive defenseman to replace Nieder and possibly Rafalski, and a punishing defensive defenseman to replace Scott Stevens and maybe Hale. Signing Richard Matvichuk looks to be a better move every day. It would be nice if Sean Brown could develop into a regular.

Just nice to talk hockey instead of all the other crap.

Old
02-25-2005, 11:51 AM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Good article, good job. Sucks to read that about Redlihs.

Personally, I think the loss of David Hale has hurt the Rats-namely on defense; I could have sworn I read in the Star-Ledger this week that he may be skating soon. Think he'll have a shot at returning for a brief stint in Albany?

Also, do you think Ken Magowan will stick around this time? Or will he be demoted back to the ECHL when other players come back from injury/suspension (Cam Janssen, Brett Clouthier)?

Neid: If you think that's bad for Philman, consider THN's Future Watch has a Jay Pandolfo comparison for him. I'm shuddering as a type.

Closed Thread