HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Phoenix Coyotes Roster

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 11:18 AM
  #201
knowsthegame
Registered User
 
knowsthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tale of 2 NHL cities
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
In Tippet's interview yesterday he said that Raffi has to take a roster spot so that only leaves 2 roster spots total - 1 F and 1 D. That eliminates carrying 8 D.

Smith - LaBarbera

Michalek-OEL
Yandle-Morris
Klesla-Schlemko
Stone OR Rundblad

Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Sullivan-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Lombardi-Moss
Bissonette-Gordon-Chipchura
Bolduc OR Klinkhammer

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:21 AM
  #202
knowsthegame
Registered User
 
knowsthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tale of 2 NHL cities
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
in tippet's interview yesterday he said that raffi has to take a roster spot so that only leaves 2 roster spots total - 1 f and 1 d. That eliminates carrying 8 d.

Smith - labarbera

michalek-oel
yandle-morris
klesla-schlemko
stone or rundblad

boedker-vermette-doan
sullivan-hanzal-vrbata
korpikoski-lombardi-moss
bissonette-gordon-chipchura
bolduc or klinkhammer
plus torres = 23

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:41 AM
  #203
Scottyb123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Question - Is Rundblad still qualified as an NHL Rookie if he stays up this year?

Scottyb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
  #204
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
In Tippet's interview yesterday he said that Raffi has to take a roster spot so that only leaves 2 roster spots total - 1 F and 1 D. That eliminates carrying 8 D.

Smith - LaBarbera

Michalek-OEL
Yandle-Morris
Klesla-Schlemko
Stone OR Rundblad

Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Sullivan-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Lombardi-Moss
Bissonette-Gordon-Chipchura
Bolduc OR Klinkhammer
Give me Stone and Bolduc. Rundblad still has work to do in the minors. He's still a bit doughy in the middle, where as Stone is fully cooked, and ready to be served up on NHL ice. Bolduc has paid his dues and earned his last shot, fair and square. He deserves this chance. Klinkhammer will have several more shots at this.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:18 PM
  #205
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,852
vCash: 500
After an early Nokelainen trade (game five of the season), this is what we had for the majority of the season

13Fs:
Bissonnette
Boedker
Chipchura
Doan
Gordon
Hanzal
Korpikoski
Langkow
O'Sullivan/O'Reilly (why differentiate?)
Pyatt
Torres
Vrbata
Whitney

7 Ds:
Aucoin
OEL
Klesla
Morris
Rozsival
Schlemko
Yandle

So basically you can replace Langkow with Vermette, POS/CALO with Lombardi, Pyatt with Moss, Whitney with Sullivan, Aucoin with Michalek, and Roszival with Stone.

Which set is better?

Team A:
Ray Whitney
Daymond Langkow
Patrick O'Sullivan
Taylor Pyatt
Adrian Aucoin
Michal Roszival

Team B:
Steve Sullivan
Antoine Vermette
Matthew Lombardi
David Moss
Zbynek Michalek
Michael Stone


Last edited by rt: 01-18-2013 at 12:26 PM.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:41 PM
  #206
knowsthegame
Registered User
 
knowsthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tale of 2 NHL cities
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
After an early Nokelainen trade (game five of the season), this is what we had for the majority of the season

13Fs:
Bissonnette
Boedker
Chipchura
Doan
Gordon
Hanzal
Korpikoski
Langkow
O'Sullivan/O'Reilly (why differentiate?)
Pyatt
Torres
Vrbata
Whitney

7 Ds:
Aucoin
OEL
Klesla
Morris
Rozsival
Schlemko
Yandle

So basically you can replace Langkow with Vermette, POS/CALO with Lombardi, Pyatt with Moss, Whitney with Sullivan, Aucoin with Michalek, and Roszival with Stone.

Which set is better?

Team A:
Ray Whitney
Daymond Langkow
Patrick O'Sullivan
Taylor Pyatt
Adrian Aucoin
Michal Roszival

Team B:
Steve Sullivan
Antoine Vermette
Matthew Lombardi
David Moss
Zbynek Michalek
Michael Stone
Team B

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:53 PM
  #207
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 1329
@azc_mclellan
Quote:
Rundblad stays, Stone goes back to Portland, Tippett said. Gordon and Doan good to go. Still hopeful Lombo arrives in Dallas tonight.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:00 PM
  #208
SweYote
Registered User
 
SweYote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
I don't know if that's the right choice but it sure is the more interesting choice.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:01 PM
  #209
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
@azc_mclellan
Quote:
Rundblad stays, Stone goes back to Portland, Tippett said. Gordon and Doan good to go. Still hopeful Lombo arrives in Dallas tonight.
Really surprised. I hope he plays tomorrow or Sunday. Would be great to see how much he has progressed. Pair him with Klesla?

Michalek - OEL
Morris - Yandle
Klesla - Rundblad
Schlemko

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:06 PM
  #210
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,246
vCash: 500
That seems crazy to me. Does that mean Schlemko is #7? There's no point to scratching Rundblad, he still has plenty to learn in the AHL.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:14 PM
  #211
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
That seems crazy to me. Does that mean Schlemko is #7? There's no point to scratching Rundblad, he still has plenty to learn in the AHL.
I've watched a lot of Pirates games this year and I wouldn't call it crazy. Surprising, but not crazy. His defense has really improved and if teamed with Michalek or Klesla he could have a very nice season.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
  #212
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Woah.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:32 PM
  #213
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
So basically you can replace Langkow with Vermette, POS/CALO with Lombardi, Pyatt with Moss, Whitney with Sullivan, Aucoin with Michalek, and Roszival with Stone.
Aucoin for Michalek? Wash
Roszvial for Stone/Rundblad? Slightly worse, Rozi was better than people credit him for

Langkow for Vermette? Huge upgrade
POS/CALO for Lombardi? Huge upgrade
Pyatt for Moss? Upgrade. Moss is more consistent.
Whitney for Sullivan? Slight downgrade. Sullivan is more of a shooter, may not work with that line as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Woah.
I think the plan is to move Rundblad at the deadline unless they fall in love.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:40 PM
  #214
n00b1AnPr1nc355
Registered User
 
n00b1AnPr1nc355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
Is there any chance that Vrbata repeats his season from last year?

n00b1AnPr1nc355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:42 PM
  #215
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
Is there any chance that Vrbata repeats his season from last year?
Depends largely on Hanzal's game. He is going to have 2 shooters on either side of him. I would pencil Vrbata for at least 30 though, absolutely.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:43 PM
  #216
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Aucoin for Michalek? Wash
Roszvial for Stone/Rundblad? Slightly worse, Rozi was better than people credit him for

Langkow for Vermette? Huge upgrade
POS/CALO for Lombardi? Huge upgrade
Pyatt for Moss? Upgrade. Moss is more consistent.
Whitney for Sullivan? Slight downgrade. Sullivan is more of a shooter, may not work with that line as well



I think the plan is to move Rundblad at the deadline unless they fall in love.
You are insane if you think Aucoin for Michalek is a wash. That's in the HUGE upgrade category. I'd downgrade the Lombardi to just plain upgrade. I'd also categorize the downgrade from Whitney to Sullivan as HUGE. I'll agree with your other assessments, though.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:52 PM
  #217
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,852
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1326557

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:53 PM
  #218
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
You are insane if you think Aucoin for Michalek is a wash. That's in the HUGE upgrade category. I'd downgrade the Lombardi to just plain upgrade. I'd also categorize the downgrade from Whitney to Sullivan as HUGE. I'll agree with your other assessments, though.
YOU are insane if you consider Lombardi just a plain upgrade to Cal O'Reilly and/or O'Sullivan.

C'mon rt, what did those two do for us?

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:55 PM
  #219
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
You are insane if you think Aucoin for Michalek is a wash. That's in the HUGE upgrade category.
No it's not. Aucoin was great for us. He lead the D in +/- the last two years. Z is not some magical cure-all. He was -13, good enough to tie with Lisin, while Ken effin Klee was +7 in 08-09. Z was also +0 on a stacked Penguins team, and both years he was their worst full time D apart from Niskanen in one.

Temper your expectations. He is not a 'huge' upgrade over Aucoin. He is more mobile, but they play similar games and I expect similar results, which is just peachy.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
  #220
Rutkowski
Registered User
 
Rutkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
As long as he doesn't make dumb and easily avoidable turnovers that lead to playoff OT losses he should be an upgrade from Aucoin.

But yeah, I consider him a pretty huge upgrade from Aucoin. Aucoin isn't mobile and have a better physical game. I don't think it's fair to compare him to Michalek when it comes to +/- because while the Pittsburgh forwards are stacked the D and G are, other than Letang, medicore to bad.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
  #221
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
No it's not. Aucoin was great for us. He lead the D in +/- the last two years. Z is not some magical cure-all. He was -13, good enough to tie with Lisin, while Ken effin Klee was +7 in 08-09. Z was also +0 on a stacked Penguins team, and both years he was their worst full time D apart from Niskanen in one.

Temper your expectations. He is not a 'huge' upgrade over Aucoin. He is more mobile, but they play similar games and I expect similar results, which is just peachy.
Aucoin never returned to where he was before his lower body injury (what ever that was) and wasn't all that effective during the end of the season and the playoffs. I do expect OEL's game to pick up with the pairing of him and Michalek and that's why Z is a lot better fit.

I expect Stone to be recalled sometime during the season and Rundblad to be sent down.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:34 PM
  #222
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
YOU are insane if you consider Lombardi just a plain upgrade to Cal O'Reilly and/or O'Sullivan.

C'mon rt, what did those two do for us?
At least he didn't mention the quitter!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:07 PM
  #223
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Makes me think they're showcasing Rundblad for a trade...When is the trade deadline...next week?

Ah, the 'Closer'....nothing bad should ever be uttered by a Coyote fan....a lifelong Coyote favorite...who could ever forget his shootout run...the fleshy black & purple face the game after a puck in the face....and knocking kylie on his arse his first game back.

If only we could go back in time and have that bogus penalty when the ****** Holmstrom pulled Aucoin on top of him. should have been a penalty on the ******....and a 2-1 game at the time...who knows

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:08 PM
  #224
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Team A:
Ray Whitney
Daymond Langkow
Patrick O'Sullivan
Taylor Pyatt
Adrian Aucoin
Michal Roszival

Team B:
Steve Sullivan
Antoine Vermette
Matthew Lombardi
David Moss
Zbynek Michalek
Michael Stone
Whitney vs Sullivan: Edge Whitney
Langkow vs Vermette: HUGE edge Vermette
POS vs Lombardi: HUGE edge Lombardi
Pyatt vs Moss: wash
Aucoin vs Z: Slight edge Z
Roszival vs Stone: Edge Roszival

So to me it looks like Team B is definitely better and the best part is if I'm wrong it's likely going to be even more in favor of this years roster.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:26 PM
  #225
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
AA is a year older and Z is a step up for sure. Z should not be judged by stats in Pitt, bad G bad D, wrong system. I think they are show casing Runblad.

I think our Defense is great, Smith is great, and we will manufacture points off hard work and turn overs. I am concerned about any key injuries and Barbs because he is going to play a lot with the schedule condensed.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.