HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Individual Game Tickets?

Old
01-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Individual Game Tickets?

When will individual game tickets go on sale? I want to pick up one for each of the Kings games in Edmonton. Are they doing any special deals for any of the games this year as an apology for the lockout?

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:13 PM
tempest2i
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
When will individual game tickets go on sale? I want to pick up one for each of the Kings games in Edmonton. Are they doing any special deals for any of the games this year as an apology for the lockout?

Probably not, they know we're suckers.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:16 PM
TowMater14

Quote:
Nevermind special deals, I had a 7 game ticket pack and now I don't even get that. I also won't get a chance to see any of the eastern conference teams., boo

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Nevermind special deals, I had a 7 game ticket pack and now I don't even get that. I also won't get a chance to see any of the eastern conference teams., boo
I've never quite understood that. I don't find the Eastern Conference teams appealing. I'd much rather watch Columbus play than the Leafs or Habs. I prefer seeing games within my team's division because the rivalries tend to be fiercer. I find the teams of the East much more boring. Granted, in all sports I follow I tend to favour the Conference my team plays in.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:36 PM
TowMater14

Quote:
I've never quite understood that. I don't find the Eastern Conference teams appealing. I'd much rather watch Columbus play than the Leafs or Habs. I prefer seeing games within my team's division because the rivalries tend to be fiercer. I find the teams of the East much more boring. Granted, in all sports I follow I tend to favour the Conference my team plays in.
If I get to watch a game live, I want to see the stars from other conferences sans Toronto and Montreal. I do love the rivalries though...

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:17 AM
jaxxs

individual game tickets go on sale jan 16

jaxxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
If I get to watch a game live, I want to see the stars from other conferences sans Toronto and Montreal. I do love the rivalries though...
Interesting. I guess I follow hockey differently, I can't think of any player (still playing that is) I want to see that doesn't wear the black, white and silver of the Kings. I don't get excited to see players from the other team. Plus, like I say the Eastern Conference seems to play a different style that bores me. Anyhow, interesting.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 115
Quote:
I hate the idea of the team I cheer for not playing ALL the teams. There are a lot of excellent teams and excellent players I'd like to watch the Oilers play.
Much better to see teams from the east than play the same teams over and over and over. boring.
I honestly don't understand your preference in watch Columbus than the habs. you'd rather see the same crappy players and crappy team 6 times a year than only seeing them 4 times and instead getting the habs and pens, for example?

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:07 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 246
Quote:
Interesting. I guess I follow hockey differently, I can't think of any player (still playing that is) I want to see that doesn't wear the black, white and silver of the Kings. I don't get excited to see players from the other team. Plus, like I say the Eastern Conference seems to play a different style that bores me. Anyhow, interesting.
The Kings have been the most boring team in the nhl for some time now. They are the new Minnesota Wild.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I hate the idea of the team I cheer for not playing ALL the teams. There are a lot of excellent teams and excellent players I'd like to watch the Oilers play.
Much better to see teams from the east than play the same teams over and over and over. boring.
I honestly don't understand your preference in watch Columbus than the habs. you'd rather see the same crappy players and crappy team 6 times a year than only seeing them 4 times and instead getting the habs and pens, for example?
I don't enjoy the style of play in the Eastern Conference. The games against Eastern teams always seem less exciting than games against the Western teams. Maybe for Oilers fans it is different, but when the Kings travel East or the East comes to LA, they are working on a three hour time difference and come out sluggish. Thus, the games are boring.

As for preferring the Blue Jackets to the Habs, I detest the Habs and everything they stand for. I'd prefer to watch the Kings play a potted plant to watch them play the Habs.